Where are the women on bikes in Melb?

Once a guy in sandals passed me and I found that one a
little upsetting but later I saw him unclip and clip in
again. Didn't know you could get plugger-cleats. Has anyone
seen them in a shop or were they custom (home) made?

On my commute, sometimes a guy riding with bare feet passes me. I like that, because watching him for a while is quite entertaining. Not just the bare feet, but the ride seems to be a duallie with worn pivot bushes. The rear wheel wiggles to left and right frantically as the guy pushes on bare feet like there's no tomorrow. I don't have anything against it, it's just different.

Originally posted by Tamyka Bell
Once a guy in sandals passed me and I found that one a
little upsetting but later I saw him unclip and clip in
again. Didn't know you could get plugger-cleats. Has anyone
seen them in a shop or were they custom (home) made?

Do you mean these: (scroll down to lower right)
<http://www.shimano.com.au/publish/c...products/shoes_and_pedals/mountain_shoes.html>

or

<http://tinyurl.com/2k4hq>

or were they a DIY sandal?

I realise this is not terribly lady-like to mention, but this is the time of year when one stops, *ahem*, de-fuzzing one legs. Prefer to stay warm + legs/sleeves/thermals. Be fashionable? Left that behind long ago.

Tamyka Bell <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>... [snip]

> Once a guy in sandals passed me and I found that one a
> little upsetting but later I saw him unclip and clip
> in again. Didn't know you could get plugger-cleats.
> Has anyone seen them in a shop or were they custom
> (home) made?

They are made by Cannondale and are available in Australia,
but not everywhere.

Rick

Tamyka Bell <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>... [snip]

> Once a guy in sandals passed me and I found that one a
> little upsetting but later I saw him unclip and clip
> in again. Didn't know you could get plugger-cleats.
> Has anyone seen them in a shop or were they custom
> (home) made?

They are made by Cannodale and are available in Australia,
but not everywhere.

Rick

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I've passed the odd roadie whilst on my hybrid... they Do
> Not Like It.

I also feel really cool and fit when I pass people. Then I
think "maybe they're riding three or four times as far as I
am, and are pacing themselves". This thought always puts the
brakes on my superman complex (if you are superman (Brad
Magee, perhaps?), I apologise). I just figure nobody likes
to be passed. How does the age-old maxim go? "If you are
behind me, I will try to stay away; if you are before me, I
will try to catch you..." It's obvious you are the same, as
are they. Get over it. You will be passed; you will pass. I
have been a "roadie" since September, and I was passed and
dropped by a guy on a MTB last week on Whitehorse Road.
Didn't Like It, as it showed how unfit I was after the six
week lay off due to a bulged disk in my back, but it didn't
make me disobey traffic signals either. Older guy, too...
pedalled like a machine... That MTB must have been his
Clarke Kent equivalent... or maybe I'm a fat ******* on a
skinny bike. Oh well.

amirm <[email protected]> writes:

[...]

> On my commute, sometimes a guy riding with bare feet
> passes me. I like that, because watching him for a while
> is quite entertaining. Not just the bare feet,

What!? He doesn't have cleats surgically inplanted into the
souls of his feet?

http://dformosa.zeta.org.au/~dformosa/Spelling.html to find
out more. Free the Memes.