Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Where can I find a small Campy nut?

Started by res09c5t · · Last activity · 8 posts · 276 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
2 February 2005
Last activity
2 February 2005
Original author
res09c5t
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
276
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,
    After re-reading that subject, I figure I better clarify. No I'm not
    looking for a diminuative Campagnolo enthusiast....

    I've got a set of Record brake calipers from the early 90's and have lost
    the cone shaped lock nut for the rear brake. It pairs up with a fairly
    thin flat nut to lock the adjustment on the caliper and mounts on the rear
    end of the shaft. I've got it temporarily fixed with a nut with a nylon
    insert that I'm sure will do the job just fine but it doesn't look good.

    Any idea where I could find one of these?

    Thanks!
    Lyle

  2. "res09c5t" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:ndXLd.235$uc.125@trnddc05...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi,
    After re-reading that subject, I figure I better clarify. No I'm not
    looking for a diminuative Campagnolo enthusiast....

    I've got a set of Record brake calipers from the early 90's and have lost
    the cone shaped lock nut for the rear brake. It pairs up with a fairly
    thin flat nut to lock the adjustment on the caliper and mounts on the rear
    end of the shaft. I've got it temporarily fixed with a nut with a nylon
    insert that I'm sure will do the job just fine but it doesn't look good.

    Any idea where I could find one of these?

    Thanks!
    Lyle

    Have you tried Loose Screws? I have found them very good for small parts
    such as this.

    http://www.thethirdhand.com/

    GR

  3. res09c5t said:

    After re-reading that subject, I figure I better clarify. No I'm not
    looking for a diminuative Campagnolo enthusiast....

    I've got a set of Record brake calipers from the early 90's and have lost
    the cone shaped lock nut for the rear brake. It pairs up with a fairly
    thin flat nut to lock the adjustment on the caliper and mounts on the rear
    end of the shaft. I've got it temporarily fixed with a nut with a nylon
    insert that I'm sure will do the job just fine but it doesn't look good.

    Any idea where I could find one of these?

    Campagnolo #2016.
    It looks a lot like these copies:
    http://www.yellowjersey.org/dcbitz.html

    We've got 'em. Originals and copies.

    --
    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org
    Open every day since 1 April, 1971

  4. Quoted message said:

    From: "res09c5t"

    Quoted message said:

    Any idea where I could find one of these?

    Ah, the unfairness of Life:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=56197&item=71301490
    05&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

    or: <http://tinyurl.com/6datr>

    --TP

  5. res-<< Any idea where I could find one of these? >><BR><BR>

    We have these, call us.

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com
    "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  6. How tall is Peter Chisholm?

    :-P

  7. Bill Sornson said:

    How tall is Peter Chisholm?

    :-P

    Dammit, I was gonna use that one.

    Bastahd.

    App

  8. Quoted message said:
    Bill Sornson said:

    How tall is Peter Chisholm?

    :-P

    Dammit, I was gonna use that one.

    Bastahd.

    I waited a full 12 hours! 🙂

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.