Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Where can I get this Bike!

Started by h18biz · · Last activity · 7 posts · 1,861 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
27 April 2005
Last activity
28 April 2005
Original author
h18biz
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,861
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Yes, it says Wilier on the frame, no it's not on their website (and I checked the SCOTT website as well since Wilier has rebadeged them in the past). Does anyone know what this bike is?

    i4.photobucket.comRebelin Wilier.jpg

  2. That is a Funky looking frame with the offset seatpost/BB and seatstay geometry...no idea. Maybe a prototype, a real Wilier that you n I just can't buy?

  3. h18biz said:

    Yes, it says Wilier on the frame, no it's not on their website (and I checked the SCOTT website as well since Wilier has rebadeged them in the past). Does anyone know what this bike is?

    i4.photobucket.comRebelin Wilier.jpg


    Looks like they are made by Specialized:

    http://www.gerolsteiner.de/index.php?id=913&newsid=10&backto=147&cHash=a50800ccc2

    or

    http://www.specialized.com/SBCWhatsNewDetail.jsp?article=5029&refp=TeamRoad

    Cheers...

  4. strummer_fan said:

    Looks like they are made by Specialized:

    http://www.gerolsteiner.de/index.php?id=913&newsid=10&backto=147&cHash=a50800ccc2

    or

    http://www.specialized.com/SBCWhatsNewDetail.jsp?article=5029&refp=TeamRoad

    Cheers...

    I don't think so....it IS a Wilier frame, it's called the K2 carbon, and perhaps no longer made, hence no longer on the web site. It's been around for a few years, Pantani rode one a while back. Monocoque carbon. Here's a link to someplace that still has 'em:
    http://www.uemura-cyc.com/road_02_04.html
    You probably won't get the Japanese fonts, but just scroll down, you'll see it.

  5. Boy, that's one ugly bike!

  6. Thanks all for the help. It is indeed a Wilier K2 as BikingBrain pointed out - just an older model and that's why it's not on their website. Now I need to track one down and hope I don't get sticker shock!

    Thanks!

  7. I found a dealer who has 3 of the unpainted carbon fiber ones left over from 2004 - $3K for the frame/fork/headset. I'm partial to the painted ones though. Check the attached images.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.