Where to look for second hand bike adverts?

blackhead

Guest
Surprisingly, Ebay doesn't have that many second hand ads for my area.
Even my local Loot didn't carry one advert, so can you recommend
something that might? The alternative is to trek around my local
newsagents and look at the adverts in their window, with fingers
crossed.

blackhead wrote:
> Surprisingly, Ebay doesn't have that many second hand ads for my area.
> Even my local Loot didn't carry one advert, so can you recommend
> something that might? The alternative is to trek around my local
> newsagents and look at the adverts in their window, with fingers
> crossed.

You may be able to buy one off the local police, I understand they sell
off unclaimed bikes now and again..

blackhead wrote:
> Surprisingly, Ebay doesn't have that many second hand ads for my area.
> Even my local Loot didn't carry one advert, so can you recommend
> something that might? The alternative is to trek around my local
> newsagents and look at the adverts in their window, with fingers
> crossed.

Not a bad idea. Supermarkets sometimes have advertising noticeboards as
well.

Also check your local free paper if you have one. You could also place a
*Wanted* ad in the papers and shop windows.

For a higher quality bike, though, you might have to risk buying one from
outside your area and have it posted.

Local bike shops occasionally deal in second-hand bikes too.

~PB

"blackhead" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Surprisingly, Ebay doesn't have that many second hand ads for my area.
> Even my local Loot didn't carry one advert, so can you recommend
> something that might? The alternative is to trek around my local
> newsagents and look at the adverts in their window, with fingers
> crossed.

Wherever I've lived the local paid for weekly newspaper has carried adverts
for 2nd hand bikes. I've never looked but would a "boot" sale be a
possible source?

blackhead <[email protected]> wrote:

> Surprisingly, Ebay doesn't have that many second hand ads for my area.
> Even my local Loot didn't carry one advert, so can you recommend
> something that might? The alternative is to trek around my local
> newsagents and look at the adverts in their window, with fingers
> crossed.

where abouts?

i only recently got a old racer off ebay, it was a few hours drive so
not a issue for me (1) i'd say be patient and maybe look for buy it now?

bikes go for for fairly random amounts. at least at the lower end any
way.

i got mine for £30, but factored in cost of getting some one to fettle
the bike. handly i have a friendly bike shop just around the corner.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com

On 23 Mar, 11:52, blackhead <[email protected]> wrote:
> Surprisingly, Ebay doesn't have that many second hand ads for my area.
> Even my local Loot didn't carry one advert, so can you recommend
> something that might? The alternative is to trek around my local
> newsagents and look at the adverts in their window, with fingers
> crossed.

Auctions maybe...

"blackhead" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Surprisingly, Ebay doesn't have that many second hand ads for my area.
> Even my local Loot didn't carry one advert, so can you recommend
> something that might? The alternative is to trek around my local
> newsagents and look at the adverts in their window, with fingers
> crossed.

Have you tried looking on the freecycle groups for your area.?

MJP