So where the F*** were all the riders at this year's Tour presentation?
Some of us where nice enough to travel flippin miles away from home
(and from our offseason/vacation) and there was hardly anyone there.
No even the bloody guys looking for a ProTour card or a wild card
invite. Irony of ironies... some of us there won't even be doing the
darn Tour.
Road Cycling · Public discussion
Where was everyone at Tour Presentation?
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Road Cycling
- Published
- 27 October 2006
- Last activity
- 31 October 2006
- Original author
- DepartFictif
- Posts
- 24
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,077
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
Richard Virenque was there, I saw him there on the TV news report. I
suppose
he was there to represent the new face of the anti doping fight (I
couldn't tell
wether he had a new face, after his crash). Speaking of which, the
French TV
news all reported that Landis has lost his title of Tour de France
winner, contrary
to the actual facts.-ilan
DepartFictif said:
So where the F*** were all the riders at this year's Tour presentation?
Some of us where nice enough to travel flippin miles away from home
(and from our offseason/vacation) and there was hardly anyone there.
No even the bloody guys looking for a ProTour card or a wild card
invite. Irony of ironies... some of us there won't even be doing the
darn Tour. -
Yeah... they've been saying that for months... idiots.
Sure RV was there, so were a bunch of other oldies. But I guess they
have nothing to hide anymore..ilan said:
Richard Virenque was there, I saw him there on the TV news report. I
suppose
he was there to represent the new face of the anti doping fight (I
couldn't tell
wether he had a new face, after his crash). Speaking of which, the
French TV
news all reported that Landis has lost his title of Tour de France
winner, contrary
to the actual facts.-ilan
DepartFictif said:
So where the F*** were all the riders at this year's Tour presentation?
Some of us where nice enough to travel flippin miles away from home
(and from our offseason/vacation) and there was hardly anyone there.
No even the bloody guys looking for a ProTour card or a wild card
invite. Irony of ironies... some of us there won't even be doing the
darn Tour. -
What? Were they going to do a drug test at the presentation?
DepartFictif said:
Yeah... they've been saying that for months... idiots.
Sure RV was there, so were a bunch of other oldies. But I guess they
have nothing to hide anymore.. -
Quoted message said:
What? Were they going to do a drug test at the presentation?
DepartFictif said:
Yeah... they've been saying that for months... idiots.
Sure RV was there, so were a bunch of other oldies. But I guess they
have nothing to hide anymore..Non-French riders were boycotting the event because of all the turmoil
between the Tour management and Pro Tour. -
That's the first I've heard of THAT. Not sure you are quite on the
mark as there were a few non-french guys... and there were desidedly
very few french guys as well. So, that's not quite what I meant.Mark said:
Quoted message said:
What? Were they going to do a drug test at the presentation?
DepartFictif said:
Yeah... they've been saying that for months... idiots.
Sure RV was there, so were a bunch of other oldies. But I guess they
have nothing to hide anymore..Non-French riders were boycotting the event because of all the turmoil
between the Tour management and Pro Tour. -
That's the first I've heard of THAT. Not sure you are quite on the
mark as there were a few non-french guys... and there were desidedly
very few french guys as well. So, that's not quite what I meant.Mark said:
Quoted message said:
What? Were they going to do a drug test at the presentation?
DepartFictif said:
Yeah... they've been saying that for months... idiots.
Sure RV was there, so were a bunch of other oldies. But I guess they
have nothing to hide anymore..Non-French riders were boycotting the event because of all the turmoil
between the Tour management and Pro Tour. -
That's the first I've heard of THAT. Not sure you are quite on the
mark as there were a few non-french guys... and there were desidedly
very few french guys as well. So, that's not quite what I meant. -
That's the first I've heard of THAT. Not sure you are quite on the
mark as there were a few non-french guys... and there were desidedly
very few french guys as well. So, that's not quite what I meant. -
Oh, yeah, Virenque makes the perfect poster child for the anti-doping
campaign... Maybe he and Marion Barry could do a PSA on French TV. 😉~bob
ilan said:
Richard Virenque was there, I saw him there on the TV news report. I
suppose
he was there to represent the new face of the anti doping fight (I
couldn't tell
wether he had a new face, after his crash). Speaking of which, the
French TV
news all reported that Landis has lost his title of Tour de France
winner, contrary
to the actual facts.-ilan
DepartFictif said:
So where the F*** were all the riders at this year's Tour presentation?
Some of us where nice enough to travel flippin miles away from home
(and from our offseason/vacation) and there was hardly anyone there.
No even the bloody guys looking for a ProTour card or a wild card
invite. Irony of ironies... some of us there won't even be doing the
darn Tour. -
On 27 Oct 2006 10:40:16 -0700, "DepartFictif" <[email hidden]> a
écrit :Quoted message said:
So where the F*** were all the riders at this year's Tour presentation?
Some of us where nice enough to travel flippin miles away from home
(and from our offseason/vacation) and there was hardly anyone there.
No even the bloody guys looking for a ProTour card or a wild card
invite. Irony of ironies... some of us there won't even be doing the
darn Tour.Wake up
Bike racing is History
The Tour is History
Nobody with half a brain would waste their time on it
Ita Missa Est
--
Davey -
That's the first I've heard of THAT. Not sure you are quite on the
mark as there were a few non-french guys... and there were desidedly
very few french guys as well. So, that's not quite what I meant. -
in 529500 20061028 025323 'DepartFictif said:
That's the first I've heard of THAT. Not sure you are quite on the
mark as there were a few non-french guys... and there were desidedly
very few french guys as well. So, that's not quite what I meant.Keep trying - you might get it right soon.
-
Hiya!
DepartFictif said:
So where the F*** were all the riders at this year's Tour presentation?
Some of us where nice enough to travel flippin miles away from home
(and from our offseason/vacation) and there was hardly anyone there.
No even the bloody guys looking for a ProTour card or a wild card
invite. Irony of ironies... some of us there won't even be doing the
darn Tour.The way I heard it, the big-name riders were pretty disgusted at the
UCI/ProTour pissing match. You know, no ceremony for Bettini's World
Points jersey at Giro de Lombardia because the ProTour-affiliated
organiser didn't want to honor a UCI titleholder, the UCI wants to turn
the GdI AND VdE into two-week tours, leaving the TdF as the only three
week game on wheels, etc. Then there's the case of "Them Who Must Not
Be Named" (Lance and Floyd, did the ASO presentation mention Greg among
the cavalcade of TdF winners, even if only as a technical innovator?).
Could it be the RIDERS are the ones who are most interested in the
interests of the fans? Could it be the riders ARE all fans at heart, or
at wallet anyway?Robert Leone
-
bob sullivan said:
Oh, yeah, Virenque makes the perfect poster child for the anti-doping
campaign... Maybe he and Marion Barry could do a PSA on French TV. 😉A prostate exam?
???Quoted message said:
~bobilan said:
Richard Virenque was there, I saw him there on the TV news report. I
suppose
he was there to represent the new face of the anti doping fight (I
couldn't tell
wether he had a new face, after his crash). Speaking of which, the
French TV
news all reported that Landis has lost his title of Tour de France
winner, contrary
to the actual facts.-ilan
DepartFictif said:
So where the F*** were all the riders at this year's Tour presentation?
Some of us where nice enough to travel flippin miles away from home
(and from our offseason/vacation) and there was hardly anyone there.
No even the bloody guys looking for a ProTour card or a wild card
invite. Irony of ironies... some of us there won't even be doing the
darn Tour. -
bdbafh said:
bob sullivan said:
Oh, yeah, Virenque makes the perfect poster child for the anti-doping
campaign... Maybe he and Marion Barry could do a PSA on French TV. 😉A prostate exam?
???Public service announcement.
~bob
-
<[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Hiya!
DepartFictif said:
So where the F*** were all the riders at this year's Tour presentation?
Some of us where nice enough to travel flippin miles away from home
(and from our offseason/vacation) and there was hardly anyone there.
No even the bloody guys looking for a ProTour card or a wild card
invite. Irony of ironies... some of us there won't even be doing the
darn Tour.The way I heard it, the big-name riders were pretty disgusted at the
UCI/ProTour pissing match. You know, no ceremony for Bettini's World
Points jersey at Giro de Lombardia because the ProTour-affiliated
organiser didn't want to honor a UCI titleholder<snip>
You seem to have a bunch of things confused. Bettini won the Worlds Road
Race title, not Worlds Points jersey. There is no Worlds Points Jersey.
The competition that replaced the World Cup is the Pro Tour. Valverde won
the Pro Tour this year.The Pro Tour was created by the UCI, they are not in conflict. The conflict
is between the major race organizers and the UCI. -
Thank you. I didn't have the patience to say that myself!
Frank Drackman said:
<[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Hiya!
DepartFictif said:
So where the F*** were all the riders at this year's Tour presentation?
Some of us where nice enough to travel flippin miles away from home
(and from our offseason/vacation) and there was hardly anyone there.
No even the bloody guys looking for a ProTour card or a wild card
invite. Irony of ironies... some of us there won't even be doing the
darn Tour.The way I heard it, the big-name riders were pretty disgusted at the
UCI/ProTour pissing match. You know, no ceremony for Bettini's World
Points jersey at Giro de Lombardia because the ProTour-affiliated
organiser didn't want to honor a UCI titleholder<snip>
You seem to have a bunch of things confused. Bettini won the Worlds Road
Race title, not Worlds Points jersey. There is no Worlds Points Jersey.
The competition that replaced the World Cup is the Pro Tour. Valverde won
the Pro Tour this year.The Pro Tour was created by the UCI, they are not in conflict. The conflict
is between the major race organizers and the UCI. -
Frank Drackman said:
There is no Worlds Points Jersey.
Yes there is. Peter Schep, who just won the Amsterdam Six with Danny
Stam and is currently leading the Grenoble Six after 4 nights with
Jens Mouris, holds it.--
E. Dronkert -
"Ewoud Dronkert" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Frank Drackman said:
There is no Worlds Points Jersey.
Yes there is. Peter Schep, who just won the Amsterdam Six with Danny
Stam and is currently leading the Grenoble Six after 4 nights with
Jens Mouris, holds it.--
E. DronkertOtay
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.