Which bike would be the best suited for me?

LilMsRichBtch

Aug 16, 2006
Hello everyone,

I’m new to this forum and I’m also new to road cycling. My name is Ashleigh and I’m 15 years old. I’ve been MTBing for as long as I can remember and I'v been cycling at my gym 4-5 times a week for the past 8 months and I really enjoy it and love it.

I want to start road cycling and I was wondering what any of your opinions are for which would be the best suited first bike for me. I’m a girl (obviously...;)), I’m 5’5”, and I’m evenly proportioned, by that I mean I don’t have a larger torso and I don’t have longer arms or legs.

I’ve been talking to the cycling class instructors at my gym and they have been telling me a little about cycling and what they do, etc. but not much, so I guess that's why I'm here...lol...:p

I’m thinking about joining a cycling club in a few months, but right now I just want to get a bike and get a better feel for road cycling. I’ll be going to the bike shop in a few days to get measured, get a bike, and get anything else I need to ride.

So, I just wanted to introduce myself and get some of your opinions!

Also, if any of you could fill me in on more about cycling, etc. I’d really appreciate! Oh, also when you are a cyclist do you get like a personal trainer or?...I’m just curious.

Thanks in advanced and I can’t wait to start posting more on the forum! I’ve been reading a lot of the other posts, etc. and it seems that everyone is very informative and nice. TTFN!

♥Ashleigh