Which cannondale roadie would you buy?

ruckusidrive

Aug 3, 2004
Hey all
I finish uni in a few days time, so I'm going to treat myself and get a decent road bike. It'll either be a Teshner or Cannondale but am leaning towards the Cannondale systemsix 1 or supersix 2. They're both fairly similar in componenty except for the wheelset which is better on the supersix.
The supersix i'll get for about $1200 more, having the full carbon frame rather than carbon front/Al rear, is about 850g lighter, has Mavic R-sys wheels rather than kysyrium equipe and SRAM Force over Dura ace.
The Supersix 1 is the same price as the supersix 2 but uses dura ace, Ksyrium SL wheelset and is marginally heavier (270g).
I'm particularly keen to hear impressions of the two frames (systemsix vs supersix) from anyone who has ridden on both, as i'm struggling to work out if i should spend the extra money.
No chance of studying while dreaming about all this stuff hahah!! I'm really itching to get out riding!
Thanks in advance!!

I haven't ridden the bikes, but I'd go for the SuperSix. Very Sexy. The Q-factor of the System seems a bit larger but if you are a medium to large rider I guess it wouldn't concern you.

I run a Force drivechain and it runs like clockwork.

If I were you, I wouldn't get any study done at all :D! Perhaps listen to lectures while on the new bike :).