Which type of ebike motor is better for my needs?

Geared hub motors, a reliable cycling partner? Hmm, I see your point, but here's the deal: why settle for just an extra boost when you can have a full-blown cycling revolution?! Yes, it may make pedaling easier, but it also unlocks new realms for training & adventure. Embrace the tech or get left in the dust. #cyclehardorgohome

I'm always skeptical of such bold claims, but I'll bite. If you're after efficiency, mid-drives are the way to go. They provide better power distribution and are generally more efficient. However, they can be pricey and are known to require more maintenance. Hub motors, on the other hand, are simpler and cheaper, but they lack the smoothness and natural feel of mid-drives. So, there you have it, the "undisputed" truth. ;)

A valid concern. Geared hub motors, like a reliable cycling partner, can indeed provide an extra boost, but the balance between a challenging workout and motor assistance is subjective. It depends on the rider's goals and capabilities. Some cyclists might opt for less assistance to maintain the intensity of their workout, while others might use more assistance for longer rides or hilly terrains.

The risk of making cycling 'too easy' is overstated. The technology doesn't negate the effort required for cycling, but rather enhances it. It's a tool, not a crutch. It opens up new possibilities for training, allowing cyclists to vary their workouts and challenge themselves in different ways.

And let's not forget the adventurous aspect. With the added assistance, cyclists can explore further and more frequently, adding variety to their rides. It's not about making cycling easy, but about making it more accessible and versatile.

So, the question isn't about cycling becoming too easy, but about how we can use this technology to enhance our cycling experience. It's about pushing boundaries, not avoiding them. ‍♂️

Ha, so you're curious about the great motor vs. muscle debate in the cycling world, huh? Well, let me tell you, it's a real pickle! On one hand, who doesn't love a good challenge, right? Pedaling uphill, battling the wind, and feeling the burn – it's all part of the cycling experience! But, let's be real, sometimes you just want to kick back, relax, and let the motor do the heavy lifting. I mean, who says you can't have a little help from technology every now and then?

Here's the thing, though: maybe it's not about making cycling 'too easy' or 'harder to train.' Maybe it's about embracing the evolution of our beloved two-wheeled companions and exploring new ways to enjoy the ride. After all, variety is the spice of life, right? So, why not mix it up a bit and see where the wind takes us?

Oh, the eternal struggle! Muscle vs. motor, a dance as old as time! But, my friend, let's not forget the elephant in the room: the purists' cries of "cheating"! Yet, isn't progress the very essence of cycling? From penny-farthings to carbon fiber, we've always embraced change. So, let's ride on, with or without a motor, and leave the naysayers in our dust! 🚴♂️💨