John Pratt said:The pressure is on. The wife wants to upgrade her training wheels to
something light yet aero for Ultegra 9spd.
She's a triathlete, about 140lbs, easy on gear. We live in the northwest
where the roads are (mostly) smooth but lots of wet winter riding. We'd
need something that would wear well on the braking surfaces and
hopefully have sealed bearings. $$$ are a factor so we're looking at
pre-built mail order wheels from one of the bigger firms.
It's been awhile since I was up on the latest gear, so any suggestions
are welcome.
-John
Hi, contact Peter [at Vecchio's (303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com ] and tell him your needs. He can build you a
set of wheels, for the same or less than you will pay from one of the
"bigger firms". They will be well built and will use parts that are
easily obtainable, if needed. You won't need them, unless she crashes,
but you get the idea. What I would suggest and Peter may or maynot
concur, is a set of Ultegra hubs with Velocity Aerohead rims, 28F,
32R. If you want more aero, at a minor expense of weight, go with the
Deep V rims. http://www.velocityusa.com/
I recently had a set of the above wheels built, but I had him use
Dura-Ace hubs.
Life is Good!
Jeff