whipping cream

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Jen, Feb 27, 2006.

  1. Jen

    Jen Guest

    Does cream whip up to twice the volume?

    Jen

    Tags:

  2. Jen wrote:
    > Does cream whip up to twice the volume?

    sounds about right

    you can set it in a bowl of ice while your whipping it

    if you whip it too much, it just breaks apart

    whatcha making

  3. Jen

    Jen Guest

    "Systemrecovery" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Jen wrote:
    >> Does cream whip up to twice the volume?

    > sounds about right
    >
    > you can set it in a bowl of ice while your whipping it
    >
    > if you whip it too much, it just breaks apart
    >
    > whatcha making

    Thanks. Just substituting the whipped cream for cool whip in the dreamsicle
    delight pie that was just posted.

    Jen

  4. Goomba38

    Goomba38 Guest

    Systemrecovery wrote:
    > Jen wrote:
    >> Does cream whip up to twice the volume?

    > sounds about right
    >
    > you can set it in a bowl of ice while your whipping it
    >
    > if you whip it too much, it just breaks apart
    >
    > whatcha making

    I prefer to just slip the glass bowl and beaters into the freezer for a
    while ahead of beating the cream. It certainly does speed things up.
    Goomba

  5. Goomba38 wrote:

    > I prefer to just slip the glass bowl and beaters into the freezer for a
    > while ahead of beating the cream. It certainly does speed things up.
    > Goomba

    that's a good idea

    dang, would you believe I was up at 3am making pancakes cause i wanted
    something sweet, then here comes jen making a dreamsicle pie....

    I fell in the floor kicking my legs...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

  6. jake

    jake Guest

    >> whatcha making
    >>

    > I prefer to just slip the glass bowl and beaters into the freezer for a
    > while ahead of beating the cream. It certainly does speed things up.
    > Goomba

    Alternatively. you could put the cream in the freezer for about 15 mins
    before whippping it.