Whistling at Cycling Chicks

Mr. Beanz

Aug 18, 2015
I'm not the type, don't like making chicks uncomfortable having had several female cycling partners.

But on my ride yesterday, I saw a couple chicks heading my way. I was heading up from an underpass on a bike trail. I saw the two fairly attractive chicks heading my way as I heard some cat call whistling.

I saw the chicks look to their right, which was my left, and from slightly above on the bank, an onramp type entrance to the trail, I saw a man walking toward the trail. He was whistling out loud, cat call whistles at the gals.

Don't see that much anymore. He whistled again as the girls approached me so I shouted at the guy, THANK YOU!

The cycling chicks seemed to get a chuckle out of it.

I can't figure out if a lady cyclist is pretty or not. The helmet makes everyone look the same and every lady cyclist out there seems riding with a guy, probably their boyfriend or dad.

I simply give them a wide berth and leave them alone anytime I encounter them.

I can't figure out if a lady cyclist is pretty or not. The helmet makes everyone look the same and every lady cyclist out there seems riding with a guy, probably their boyfriend or dad.

I simply give them a wide berth and leave them alone anytime I encounter them.
Here in California, I see groups of 4 or more women riding together without a male presence. Some long hair, some short, women of all cultures. Can't say they all look alike.

Here in California, I see groups of 4 or more women riding together without a male presence. Some long hair, some short, women of all cultures. Can't say they all look alike.

Perhaps, where I ride here in Manila, Philippines, there's not enough female riders for them to form a group and I already ride in some of the most popular routes for roadies.

And to me they all look about the same regardless of the hair style because of the helmet. Cycling sunglasses makes it even harder to make out their faces!

Otherwise, they're a bit of snubs. Definitely more snubby than the guys, I take it they don't want to be bothered by anyone, except maybe, by another gal or by some old, very harmless looking guy.

"I can't figure out if a lady cyclist is pretty or not. The helmet makes everyone look the same and every lady cyclist out there seems riding with a guy, probably their boyfriend or dad."

Perhaps join a weekend riding club where mixed groups ride together. When you finish ride and have ice cream or coffee , you may have opportunity to meet and have small talk with some of them . Relationship status will become more apparent .

That's nice. Only >50 year old female cyclists are not snobs here. I did have a talk with some of them. Their much older male companion turned out to be their husband, not their dad.