Who do you concider to be the best classics rider since 1990

Kenny

Nov 17, 2002
To my opinion Johan Museeuw (Bel) is far the greatest classics rider<br />there is since more than 10 years. He has won 11 World Cup-races en 2<br />World Cup final standings. He became World Champion in 1996 and wore<br />the yellow jersey in the Tour de France 1993 (2days) and 1994 (3<br />days). He also won 2 Tour de France stages. He has won more than 100<br />professional races. No other rider in the last 15 years has made such<br />a impressive career in one-day-races as Johan Museeuw did.<br /><br />Who agrees?

[quote author=Kenny link=board=15;threadid=2658;start=0#22719 date=1037551510]<br />To my opinion Johan Museeuw (Bel) is far the greatest classics rider<br />there is since more than 10 years. He has won 11 World Cup-races en 2<br />World Cup final standings. He became World Champion in 1996 and wore<br />the yellow jersey in the Tour de France 1993 (2days) and 1994 (3<br />days). He also won 2 Tour de France stages. He has won more than 100<br />professional races. No other rider in the last 15 years has made such<br />a impressive career in one-day-races as Johan Museeuw did.<br /><br />Who agrees?<br />[/quote]<br /><br />I certainly do, no question about it. It's not only the numbers that count but also the way in which won those races. and without all the accidents he had to come back from, his palmares would have been even more impressive by now.<br />I was once riding with my brother and we met Musseeuw on training... tried to follow him ... he turned his head around, gave us a little grin, changed to a higher gear and dropped us in an instance... he probably didn't feel like having company that day.<br />Anyway, he is also very approachable for his fans and doesn't have the slightest bit of arrogance in him. Great champ!<br /><br />Niek

Yup...De Vlaamse Leeuw! No doubt about it. I hope he wins something big next year, like Flanders or Roubaix.

He'll win something next year if he doesn't have any accidents. He's the greatest rider at the moment, although Armstrong is great to, but you can't confrontate them. Musseeuw is a classic rider, Armstrong trains for the tour.<br /><br />Jelle

[quote author=Jelle link=board=15;threadid=2658;start=0#23776 date=1040721523]<br />He'll win something next year if he doesn't have any accidents. He's the greatest rider at the moment, although Armstrong is great to, but you can't confrontate them. Musseeuw is a classic rider, Armstrong trains for the tour.<br /><br />Jelle<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Thats so true......theyre each from a different planet, but awesome in their own right!<br /><br />Best clissics rider ever is Musseeuw without a doubt! IMO[/siz]