Who has read Rebecca Solnit's essay?

Clara Powell

Guest
Hi,

I was wondering if some of you had read Rebecca Solnit's essay on walking. I think it's called
"wanderlust" or something like that.

I'em very interested in the spiritual aspect of walking.

Clara, a walker-talker; talks the talk and walks the walk

Hi Clara,

I have Rebecca Solnit's book "Wanderlust". It's OK, but that's about it, just OK. It's not really
something you can read cover-to-cover. She writes about many aspects of walking, including
bipedalism and pilgrimage, but that seems to be the problem with the book: she writes about so many
things that there isn't a real thread to follow. There are neat walking quotes at the bottom of
each page.

I ran across this book in a remainder store, so I didn't mind paying the 6 bucks. Had I paid the
original 20-something, I might have a different opinion about the book. : )