General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Who is Bob Pastorio?

Started by Luna · · Last activity · 17 posts · 741 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
30 June 2005
Last activity
1 July 2005
Original author
Luna
Posts
17
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
741
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–17 of 17
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. There's all this talk about Bob Pastorio, but I keep getting him mixed
    up with other people. I know there were some other Bobs on here at some
    point, and I never could get them straight. I'd probably be able to
    figure out who this one is, except I keep jumping in in the middle of
    these long, drifting threads where he's arguing with people and using
    lots of words, and they're using lots of words, but so much stuff is
    snipped and it's so hard to concentrate, I don't know what they're
    arguing about. Something about someone being blind, or not being blind,
    or using a fake name, or something? And was Bob the one who
    sarcastically called me "deep" or was that Roger? I can't remember.
    Anyway, the point is, the name "Pastorio" always makes me think of
    "pastrami" and isn't pastrami tasty?

    --
    http://www.mindspring.com/~lunachick

  2. "Luna" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    There's all this talk about Bob Pastorio, but I keep getting him mixed
    up with other people. I know there were some other Bobs on here at some
    point, and I never could get them straight. I'd probably be able to
    figure out who this one is, except I keep jumping in in the middle of
    these long, drifting threads where he's arguing with people and using
    lots of words, and they're using lots of words, but so much stuff is
    snipped and it's so hard to concentrate, I don't know what they're
    arguing about. Something about someone being blind, or not being blind,
    or using a fake name, or something? And was Bob the one who
    sarcastically called me "deep" or was that Roger? I can't remember.
    Anyway, the point is, the name "Pastorio" always makes me think of
    "pastrami" and isn't pastrami tasty?

    --
    http://www.mindspring.com/~lunachick

    No idea, Luna. Might be.

    Let's just relax to moonrise or sunrise, or something, and forget about the
    rest.

  3. Luna <[email hidden]> wrote:
    :> There's all this talk about Bob Pastorio, but I keep getting him
    :> mixed up with other people. I know there were some other Bobs on
    :> here at some point, and I never could get them straight. I'd
    :> probably be able to figure out who this one is, except I keep
    :> jumping in in the middle of these long, drifting threads where he's
    :> arguing with people and using lots of words, and they're using lots
    :> of words, but so much stuff is snipped and it's so hard to
    :> concentrate, I don't know what they're arguing about. Something
    :> about someone being blind, or not being blind, or using a fake name,
    :> or something? And was Bob the one who sarcastically called me "deep"
    :> or was that Roger? I can't remember. Anyway, the point is, the name
    :> "Pastorio" always makes me think of "pastrami" and isn't pastrami
    :> tasty?

    It wasn't me.

    :>
    :> --
    :> http://www.mindspring.com/~lunachick

  4. LOL I have never had Pastrami..

    Tori

    --
    Xavier 10/04 "Hey mommy I can reach the middle of the coffee table if I
    stand right here"
    Bonnie 3/02 "No Xayur thats my blankie"
    349.5/321/135
    "Luna" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    There's all this talk about Bob Pastorio, but I keep getting him mixed
    up with other people. I know there were some other Bobs on here at some
    point, and I never could get them straight. I'd probably be able to
    figure out who this one is, except I keep jumping in in the middle of
    these long, drifting threads where he's arguing with people and using
    lots of words, and they're using lots of words, but so much stuff is
    snipped and it's so hard to concentrate, I don't know what they're
    arguing about. Something about someone being blind, or not being blind,
    or using a fake name, or something? And was Bob the one who
    sarcastically called me "deep" or was that Roger? I can't remember.
    Anyway, the point is, the name "Pastorio" always makes me think of
    "pastrami" and isn't pastrami tasty?

    --
    http://www.mindspring.com/~lunachick

  5. On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 03:18:42 GMT, Luna <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    There's all this talk about Bob Pastorio, but I keep getting him mixed
    up with other people. I know there were some other Bobs on here at some
    point, and I never could get them straight. I'd probably be able to
    figure out who this one is, except I keep jumping in in the middle of
    these long, drifting threads where he's arguing with people and using
    lots of words, and they're using lots of words, but so much stuff is
    snipped and it's so hard to concentrate, I don't know what they're
    arguing about. Something about someone being blind, or not being blind,
    or using a fake name, or something? And was Bob the one who
    sarcastically called me "deep" or was that Roger? I can't remember.
    Anyway, the point is, the name "Pastorio" always makes me think of
    "pastrami" and isn't pastrami tasty?

    I'm the Bob who rides my bike while attempting to have as low carb diet as
    possible. I like Bob P, but I read him for his inciteful (pun) comments
    about cooking, and I ignore the threads that denigrate into name calling.

    --
    Bob M
    remove ".x" to reply

  6. In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    Anyway, the point is, the name "Pastorio" always makes me think of
    "pastrami" and isn't pastrami tasty?

    Yes, but it's quite salty :-)

    --
    Saffire
    205/137/125
    Atkins since 6/14/03
    Progress photo: http://photos.yahoo.com/saffire333

  7. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden]
    says...

    Quoted message said:

    It wasn't me.

    Triggering first a Shaggy tune (It Wasn't Me) in my head, quickly
    followed by a Weird Al Yankovich tune (She's Gotta Pee) :-)

    --
    Saffire
    205/137/125
    Atkins since 6/14/03
    Progress photo: http://photos.yahoo.com/saffire333

  8. Saffire <[email hidden]> wrote:
    :> In article <[email hidden]>,
    :> [email hidden] says...
    :> > It wasn't me.
    :>
    :> Triggering first a Shaggy tune (It Wasn't Me) in my head, quickly
    :> followed by a Weird Al Yankovich tune (She's Gotta Pee) :-)

    Wow....Weird Al.

  9. x-no-archive: yes

    Bob M said:

    On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 03:18:42 GMT, Luna <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    There's all this talk about Bob Pastorio, but I keep getting him mixed
    up with other people. I know there were some other Bobs on here at some
    point, and I never could get them straight. I'd probably be able to
    figure out who this one is, except I keep jumping in in the middle of
    these long, drifting threads where he's arguing with people and using
    lots of words, and they're using lots of words, but so much stuff is
    snipped and it's so hard to concentrate, I don't know what they're
    arguing about. Something about someone being blind, or not being blind,
    or using a fake name, or something? And was Bob the one who
    sarcastically called me "deep" or was that Roger? I can't remember.
    Anyway, the point is, the name "Pastorio" always makes me think of
    "pastrami" and isn't pastrami tasty?

    I'm the Bob who rides my bike while attempting to have as low carb diet
    as possible. I like Bob P, but I read him for his inciteful (pun)
    comments about cooking, and I ignore the threads that denigrate into
    name calling.

    I like Pastorio, too, but I always end up kill filing him to avoid long
    flame threads and troll baiting.

    Wish he'd avoid it, though...

    Susan

  10. Luna---you havent missed anything of any importance.

    We've all met men who are insecure and become overbearing when they feel
    threatened. In their sad little attempt to maintain their self image as
    'powerful", they act out like fourth graders.

    You've seen it before, Im sure. Just another male behavior that women
    have been rolling their eyes over since Neanderthal days.

    "ME OG! Me BIG hunter"

    " Yeah, yeah, you're a great hunter...and your club is bigger than
    anyone's. Now sit down and be quiet, Og. We're busy."

    LassChance

    Start LC~5-16-05
    202-188-165

  11. Susan wrote:
    :: x-no-archive: yes
    ::
    :: Bob M wrote:
    ::: On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 03:18:42 GMT, Luna
    ::: <[email hidden]> wrote:
    :::
    :::: There's all this talk about Bob Pastorio, but I keep getting him
    :::: mixed up with other people. I know there were some other Bobs on
    :::: here at some point, and I never could get them straight. I'd
    :::: probably be able to figure out who this one is, except I keep
    :::: jumping in in the middle of these long, drifting threads where
    :::: he's arguing with people and using lots of words, and they're
    :::: using lots of words, but so much stuff is snipped and it's so hard
    :::: to concentrate, I don't know what they're arguing about.
    :::: Something about someone being blind, or not being blind, or using
    :::: a fake name, or something? And was Bob the one who sarcastically
    :::: called me "deep" or was that Roger? I can't remember. Anyway, the
    :::: point is, the name "Pastorio" always makes me think of "pastrami"
    :::: and isn't pastrami tasty?
    ::::
    :::
    ::: I'm the Bob who rides my bike while attempting to have as low carb
    ::: diet as possible. I like Bob P, but I read him for his inciteful
    ::: (pun) comments about cooking, and I ignore the threads that
    ::: denigrate into name calling.
    :::
    ::
    :: I like Pastorio, too, but I always end up kill filing him to avoid
    :: long flame threads and troll baiting.
    ::
    :: Wish he'd avoid it, though...

    Why not just skip those threads? I skip lots of stuff I don't have an
    interest in.

  12. Lass Chance wrote:
    :: Luna---you havent missed anything of any importance.
    ::
    :: We've all met men who are insecure and become overbearing when they
    :: feel threatened. In their sad little attempt to maintain their self
    :: image as 'powerful", they act out like fourth graders.

    So, it's a man thing rather than just a Bob P. thing, huh?

    ::
    :: You've seen it before, Im sure. Just another male behavior that women
    :: have been rolling their eyes over since Neanderthal days.

    It does take two to tango, honey!

    ::
    :: "ME OG! Me BIG hunter"
    ::
    :: " Yeah, yeah, you're a great hunter...and your club is bigger than
    :: anyone's. Now sit down and be quiet, Og. We're busy."
    ::

    Right.

  13. x-no-archive: yes

    Roger Zoul said:

    Why not just skip those threads? I skip lots of stuff I don't have an
    interest in.

    I *do* skip them, but I hate seeing on my newsreader that there are,
    say, 100 new messages, only to find that 80 are flame and troll related.

    I kf those who can't seem to stop such stuff; that's how I skip them.

    Susan

  14. In article <[email hidden]>,

    (Lass Chance) said:

    Luna---you havent missed anything of any importance.

    We've all met men who are insecure and become overbearing when they feel
    threatened. In their sad little attempt to maintain their self image as
    'powerful", they act out like fourth graders.

    You've seen it before, Im sure. Just another male behavior that women
    have been rolling their eyes over since Neanderthal days.

    "ME OG! Me BIG hunter"

    " Yeah, yeah, you're a great hunter...and your club is bigger than
    anyone's. Now sit down and be quiet, Og. We're busy."

    LassChance

    Start LC~5-16-05
    202-188-165

    ROFL!!!! ;-D
    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  15. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Roger Zoul said:

    Susan wrote:
    :: x-no-archive: yes
    ::
    :: Bob M wrote:
    ::: On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 03:18:42 GMT, Luna
    ::: <[email hidden]> wrote:
    :::
    :::: There's all this talk about Bob Pastorio, but I keep getting him
    :::: mixed up with other people. I know there were some other Bobs on
    :::: here at some point, and I never could get them straight. I'd
    :::: probably be able to figure out who this one is, except I keep
    :::: jumping in in the middle of these long, drifting threads where
    :::: he's arguing with people and using lots of words, and they're
    :::: using lots of words, but so much stuff is snipped and it's so hard
    :::: to concentrate, I don't know what they're arguing about.
    :::: Something about someone being blind, or not being blind, or using
    :::: a fake name, or something? And was Bob the one who sarcastically
    :::: called me "deep" or was that Roger? I can't remember. Anyway, the
    :::: point is, the name "Pastorio" always makes me think of "pastrami"
    :::: and isn't pastrami tasty?
    ::::
    :::
    ::: I'm the Bob who rides my bike while attempting to have as low carb
    ::: diet as possible. I like Bob P, but I read him for his inciteful
    ::: (pun) comments about cooking, and I ignore the threads that
    ::: denigrate into name calling.
    :::
    ::
    :: I like Pastorio, too, but I always end up kill filing him to avoid
    :: long flame threads and troll baiting.
    ::
    :: Wish he'd avoid it, though...

    Why not just skip those threads? I skip lots of stuff I don't have an
    interest in.

    And it's possible to killfile threads/subjects without killfiling
    authors! I use my killfile that way far more often to clean up the posts
    sometimes.
    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  16. "Saffire" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden]
    says...

    Quoted message said:

    It wasn't me.

    Triggering first a Shaggy tune (It Wasn't Me) in my head, quickly
    followed by a Weird Al Yankovich tune (She's Gotta Pee) :-)

    --
    Saffire
    205/137/125
    Atkins since 6/14/03
    Progress photo: http://photos.yahoo.com/saffire333

    Hey, Thaffy!

    Lets just watch some kind of old weird movie and forget about the strange
    people in this world. Want to?

  17. In article <Pv2xe.90416$yV4.8967@okepread03>, [email hidden]
    says...

    Quoted message said:


    "Saffire" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden]
    says...

    Quoted message said:

    It wasn't me.

    Triggering first a Shaggy tune (It Wasn't Me) in my head, quickly
    followed by a Weird Al Yankovich tune (She's Gotta Pee) :-)

    --
    Saffire
    205/137/125
    Atkins since 6/14/03
    Progress photo: http://photos.yahoo.com/saffire333

    Hey, Thaffy!

    Lets just watch some kind of old weird movie and forget about the strange
    people in this world. Want to?

    How about MST3K's version of "Manos -- The Hands of Fate"?

    --
    Saffire
    205/137/125
    Atkins since 6/14/03
    Progress photo: http://photos.yahoo.com/saffire333

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.