I need to know what is best
Bike Cafe · Public discussion
Who makes the best lights
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Bike Cafe
- Published
- 12 January 2005
- Last activity
- 20 January 2005
- Original author
- William Henry
- Posts
- 7
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 2,271
- Views / 30 days
- 0
- Topics
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
Lupine. German company. Outrageous prices, but you get an awesome lighting system.
-
Powerful Pete said:
Lupine. German company. Outrageous prices, but you get an awesome lighting system.
yes, i have heard they are good...also NightSun make a kit that is apparently brighter that a cars headlights on full beam...thats if you want brightness
night-sun.comli ion.htmlOpen ↗for mtb night riding...
-
The Cateye HL-EL500 provides more that enough light for my eveningrides. I like its relative low bulk, 30 hour burn time and the fact that upcoming cars actually lowers their lights 300-400 meters ahead of me when the HL-EL500 is on 😄
-
I like to use the Cat Eye 500 and 300 together. The 300 runs longer(like 150hrs) and had a shorter but fatter beam. So I use the 500 set way out with the 300 set closer and offset to watch the shoulder. LED is the way to go.😄
With Duracell Ultras I get almost 100 hrs on the 500 too. -
William Henry said:
I need to know what is best
I've been using NightSun for a couple of years now and the headlights and batteries have always performed very well.
-
Have you ever considered replacing the filament light bulb in your favorite bike light with a led replacement bulb? They produce less heat, runs on less current, side emitter Luxeon led's use the existing reflector to focus the light beam, drop-in or screw-in replacement, vibration resistant, long runtime (10-15 hours) ,go through fewer batteries, stays white even as the batteries get weak! Never burns out or needs replacing!
You don't need to worry about riding home in the dark because your filament bulb burnt out! http://www.led-replacement.com 🙂
Note: tip of light bulb must be positive.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.