http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.au
http://www.cairnscyclingclub.com
This is bizarre!
--
Bean
Remove "yourfinger" before replying
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.au
http://www.cairnscyclingclub.com
This is bizarre!
--
Bean
Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Bean Long said:canberracyclingclub.org.aucanberracyclingclub.org.auOpen ↗
cairnscyclingclub.comcairnscyclingclub.comOpen ↗This is bizarre!
--
BeanRemove "yourfinger" before replying
lol
some enterprising web page developer has a successful hook for bike clubs
Bean Long said:canberracyclingclub.org.aucanberracyclingclub.org.auOpen ↗
cairnscyclingclub.comcairnscyclingclub.comOpen ↗This is bizarre!
--
BeanRemove "yourfinger" before replying
I'm no expert but that looks like to me an out of the box deployment of Plone or similar. Perhaps Bleve can give an opinion (his website runs Plone).
Just to stick it up Canberra CC... We're lucky to have Dylan Cooper,
champion MTBer and web design guru, as a member. See if you can pick
out Bean: http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/novice/.
On May 9, 5:23 pm, rooman <rooman.2qb...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com said:Bean Long Wrote:> 'http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.au'
Quoted message said:(http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.au/)
'http://www.cairnscyclingclub.com'(http://www.cairnscyclingclub.com/)Quoted message said:This is bizarre!
Quoted message said:--
BeanQuoted message said:Remove "yourfinger" before replying
lol
some enterprising web page developer has a successful hook for bike
clubs--
rooman
It resembles MTBDirt and RoadGrime in Qld - forums that are commercial
ventures by the webmaster. As you say ...
Nice to see Cairns Cycling Club going from strength to strength - I
had a great time riding with them for a couple of years - very active
racing program - and the coffee stop has hopefully improved. If you
ever get the chance to go to Cairns for the May long weekend, have a
hit out in the Tour of the Tableland.
Donga
Simon said:Just to stick it up Canberra CC... We're lucky to have Dylan Cooper,
champion MTBer and web design guru, as a member. See if you can pick
out Bean: http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/novice/.
http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/events/details.asp?IntContId=780&IntCatId=3
is out of date, the start is now at Tharwa. VETS will be there too,
not sure how that works. Bean, will I see you there?
Andre
Bean Long said:http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.au
http://www.cairnscyclingclub.comThis is bizarre!
Nah, just a very similar CMS or template/skin. For example, not so
long ago, virtually every second Wordpress blog looked as if it was a
variation on the tried & true Kubrick theme. Anyway, things have
progressed since then, thank goodness for open source & all those
fantastic WP developers out there!
Bean Long said:http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.auhttp://www.cairnscyclingclub.com
This is bizarre!
well, this club obviously didn't copy anyone ...
On May 9, 6:05 pm, EuanB <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:Bean Long Wrote:>http://www.canberracyclingclub.org.au
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:This is bizarre!
Quoted message said:--
BeanQuoted message said:Remove "yourfinger" before replying
I'm no expert but that looks like to me an out of the box deployment of
Plone or similar. Perhaps Bleve can give an opinion (his website runs
Plone).
They're using the same CMS, but it's not Plone. Plone leaves a trail
through the source that's easy to find (view source ...). But that's
some other CMS, and they've both done minor tweaks to the skin of the
CMS. It's written in ASP so it's some microsloth thing.
Aeek said:Simon said:Just to stick it up Canberra CC... We're lucky to have Dylan Cooper,
champion MTBer and web design guru, as a member. See if you can pick
out Bean: http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/novice/.http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/events/details.asp?IntContId=780&IntCatId=3
is out of date, the start is now at Tharwa. VETS will be there too,
not sure how that works. Bean, will I see you there?
With bells on!
Actually no bell but I'll be there!
--
Bean
Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Simon said:Just to stick it up Canberra CC... We're lucky to have Dylan Cooper,
champion MTBer and web design guru, as a member. See if you can pick
out Bean: http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/novice/.
No wrong guesses please!
--
Bean
Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Aeek said:http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/events/details.asp?IntContId=780&Int...
is out of date, the start is now at Tharwa. VETS will be there too,
not sure how that works. Bean, will I see you there?Andre
Updated now. Perhaps if race details were released more than three
days in advance....
No one seems to know how the Vets/CA thing will work on the weekend,
but it's nice to see some cooperation. It might be a case of the two
organisations having riders racing the same course at the same time,
but they are not actually racing together - that's not allowed. On the
topic, we have got special permission from CA to run a once-off race
with the ACT Vets sometime this year. Should be good if it happens,
plus it will all be above board. Perhaps Aeek, you could muster some
interest from the Vets' ranks?
Quoted message said:See if you can pick out Bean: http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/novice/.
I would guess the good looking one in the green jersey.
Simon said:Quoted message said:See if you can pick out Bean: http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/novice/.
I would guess the good looking one in the green jersey.
Surely that's Lyndsey?! :-)
--
Bean
Remove "yourfinger" before replying
"Aeek" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:On 9 May 2007 01:31:00 -0700, Simon <[email hidden]> wrote:
http://www.vikingscycling.org.au/events/details.asp?IntContId=780&IntCatId=3
is out of date, the start is now at Tharwa. VETS will be there too,
not sure how that works. Bean, will I see you there?Andre
what's the story with the Tharwa bridge? I know it was under some work
scaffolding last year but is the road actually closed to traffic?? I go
that way down to Adaminaby...
Thanks,
Jock
Jock said:what's the story with the Tharwa bridge? I know it was under some work
scaffolding last year but is the road actually closed to traffic?? I go
that way down to Adaminaby...
Thanks,
Jock
It was temporarily repaired but the cement trucks and buses broke it.
Their selfishness means everyone has to go the long way round.
Its even closed to foot traffic!
"Aeek" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Jock said:what's the story with the Tharwa bridge? I know it was under some work
scaffolding last year but is the road actually closed to traffic?? I go
that way down to Adaminaby...
Thanks,
JockIt was temporarily repaired but the cement trucks and buses broke it.
Their selfishness means everyone has to go the long way round.
Its even closed to foot traffic!
ahhh bugger! Is there a time frame on it reopening at all? I don't know
how the trucks fitted across it - it was damned squeezy in the car last time
we were there. The long way? Is that Cooma etc then?
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.