rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Why doesnt UDC sell K! stuff?

Started by Det-riot · · Last activity · 28 posts · 934 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
24 March 2007
Last activity
25 March 2007
Original author
Det-riot
Posts
28
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
934
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–28 of 28
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Niko said:

    Hi, looks like we always bump into each other in threads like this 😉

    I understand your point of view. You spend lots of money on your uni
    (especially relative to your age), so you want it to be the best in the
    world. So if someone tells you that there are now better unicycles for
    the price it makes you kind of mad. But come on, get over it. You still
    have an awesome unicycle, and the most important thing is still the way
    you ride it.

    Four points (will I ever get tired of repeating this?):
    - Koxx is a pain to do business with for retailers (at least that is
    what I have heard).
    - Koxx is not ISIS and lies about it.
    - Koxx hub and cranks are more expensive than KH (at least in the EU).
    - Koxx cranks take far less abuse than KH's (no broken 07 cranks as far
    as I know, while it sometimes only takes weeks to wreck the Koxx
    reinforced cranks by loosening the insert).

    umm, why would you loosen the insert? i'm prettty sure any cranks can
    be wrecked pretty fast if not put on properly.

    --
    zfreak220

    iridemymuni said:

    i think everybody agrees when i say you lucky son of a [censored]

    howdigetsogood said:

    man i used to think scooters were totally lame, but after that 'video'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57071), oh wait
    nevermind i still do.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    zfreak220's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11948
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59170

  2. He means the inserts in the cranks start coming loose in the Koxx
    cranks, it seems they arn't put in well enough.

    --
    DustinSchaap

    FOUNDER OF EENWIEL.NL (\"HTTP://WWW.EENWIEL.NL\"😉
    *Sponsored by 'MUNICYCLE.COM' (http://www.municycle.com) , 'QU-AX'
    (http://www.qu-ax.com) and 'SEMCYCLE' (http://www.semcycle.com)*

    *I'm addicted to speed, but not the drug*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DustinSchaap's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12614
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59170

  3. Mikeswarbrick said:

    Your a bunch of idiots.

    Mike

    No, Mikey.
    I must agrea in some way with Dustin 🙁
    I don't like there unis either.
    Some look cool, but they are overpriced.

    Peter M

    --
    Probailer2

    john_childs said:

    Mmmmm... Sexy welds.

    musketman said:

    Kris Holm owns death

    abbabibble said:

    cody bent his koxx.

    he was working it pretty hard.

    dudewithasock said:

    Bush is probably just trying to get free Playboy.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Probailer2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11034
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59170

  4. DustinSchaap said:


    Other things that bother me is that the Qu-Ax frame can be bought for
    19 euros and the Koxx frame that has the same build and weight is 49
    euros or some are even 59 euros. Koxx is overpriced, their products are
    ok but the way they represent their company and price their products
    doesn't suit me, for me that is a reason not to buy their products.

    Thats good to know as I just bought one of those 19 euro frames as a
    spare frame and its the only one I could get in black (cheaper than a
    powder coating existing frame).
    I thought it was just nimbus though as it said it would fit the 20 by
    2.5 tyre which qu-ax apparently doesn't

    EDIT: The koxx frame did seem a little dear to buy and ship over here
    for the price, plus i'd rather have the old cro-mo KH if i was going to
    pay a lot more for another frame.

    --
    bungalistic

    A COMMON MISTAKE THAT PEOPLE MAKE WHEN TRYING TO DESIGN SOMETHING
    COMPLETELY FOOLPROOF IS TO UNDERESTIMATE THE INGENUITY OF THE COMPLETE
    FOOLS

    My Gallery (http://www.unicyclist.com/index.php?page=gallery&g2_itemId=192026">My
    gallery)

    'Fat-Tyre.co.uk' (http://www.fat-tyre.co.uk/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    bungalistic's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12035
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59170

  5. bungalistic said:


    EDIT: The koxx frame did seem a little dear to buy and ship over here
    for the price, plus i'd rather have the old cro-mo KH if i was going to
    pay a lot more for another frame.

    I don't know if pricing would be better or not...but UK
    importer/distributor of Koxx-One is www.trialsman.co.uk ..... Fred
    Savage...good guy.... he can get any Koxx-One uni or part you need.

    --
    trialsinusa

    Tim/Trialsin USA
    www.trialsin.com
    [email hidden]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    trialsinusa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11660
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59170

  6. trialsinusa said:

    I don't know if pricing would be better or not...but UK
    importer/distributor of Koxx-One is www.trialsman.co.uk ..... Fred
    Savage...good guy.... he can get any Koxx-One uni or part you need.

    how come they are selling Devils so cheap, in us dollars it come sout
    to a little over 200. where as the cheapest i can get a K1 uni here is
    a little over 400?!?!!

    --
    Det-riot

    Trials Uni Fund-$230 of $435

    James_Potter said:

    I once rode my unicycle into a bathroom, and peed, then left, all
    without dismounting.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Det-riot's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13823
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59170

  7. £195, its just under $400.

    --
    amanda.gallacher

    -->sorry für mein beschissenes deutsch<--
    'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
    'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)

    Smilymarco said:

    its just too small


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59170

  8. trialsinusa said:

    ..... Fred Savage...good guy....

    I didn't know what I was getting in to. Did I have to gap that line?
    Does Whinney even care? What if I get hurt and Paul has to do it?

    --
    Brian MacKenzie

    Inner Balance: 'DVD Release Party'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58752)

    Available Now:
    'Training Wheel Not Required'
    (http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR.wmv)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/59170

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.