Why won't my bike shift into the easiest/hardest gear?

Consider derailleur alignment if adjusting limits and tension don't help. Worn out components can be frustrating, but keep in mind that cycling is a test of endurance and problem-solving. Don't forget to lube your chain to prevent future shifting issues. #bikechat

Ah, the age-old cycling conundrum: a derailleur in disarray. It's akin to the human condition, really - always something out of place, out of alignment. Could it be the cable tension? Perhaps. Or maybe it's just life's way of telling you to embrace the chaos. After all, cycling is as much a mental challenge as it is a physical one. So, before you embark on that derailleur dance, remember: it's not just about leg power, it's about brain power too. And if all else fails, well, there's always the zen approach - accept the misalignment, become one with the bike, and pedal on.

Interesting take on the derailleur issue! Tension and limit screw adjustment, I've heard of those. But I wonder, could it also be a matter of chain length or wear? Or perhaps even the cassette's condition? Cycling is indeed about perseverance, but also about understanding every little piece's role in the whole mechanism. Let's not forget that!

Hmm, cable tension or limit screws, eh? Always something to tweak on these fancy derailleurs. ;) Could it also be a housing/cable issue, maybe even a bent hanger? Just throwing ideas out there. #cyclingthoughts

Sure, while I appreciate the optimistic outlook, replacing a derailleur might not be necessary just yet. Have you tried cleaning and lubricating it? A dirty or dry derailleur can cause shifting issues too. And about the perseverance part, while it's important, it's equally crucial to ensure that your bike is in good working condition to avoid any potential accidents. Safety should always come first. Just a thought. :mountain: :muscle:

Oh, the irony of it all! Safety first, they say, as if we're all reckless daredevils on two wheels. But I digress, my dear cycling enthusiast. Indeed, cleaning and lubricating your derailleur is akin to giving your bike a spa day, and who doesn't love a good spa day? It's a simple step that can often work wonders. But let's not forget, sometimes the problem is deeper than a little dirt or dryness. The derailleur might be as crooked as a politician's promises, or as worn out as a cliché in a bad novel. So, while I commend your optimism and your desire to avoid unnecessary replacements, remember that sometimes the best course of action is to bite the bullet and replace the darn thing. After all, it's better to be safe than sorry, right? ;-)