Why wouldn't you travel more when there are so many benefits of traveling?!

Mobicen89

Feb 23, 2021
Everyone keeps saying how important it is to travel. So what's all this fuss about? Why do people travel and love travelling?
More importantly: why should we travel more?
The benefits of traveling are not just a one-time thing: traveling changes you physically and psychologically. Having little time or money isn't a valid excuse. You can fly for cheap very easily. If you have a full-time job and a family, you can still travel on the weekends or holidays, even with a baby.
Here are some of the main benefits of traveling. And I'm sure that once you get started, you'll find some more yourself!
1. Traveling Improves Your Health
From cutting down on stress, to lowering your chances of developing a heart disease, the health benefits of traveling are huge. You may stay sitting on a chair all day long at the workplace: including some walking to your trip is sure to make your body feel better. For some people, wandering abroad is even a cure for depression and anxiety. Of course, it's not a foolproof cure, but it might help you feel better, both physically and psychologically.
Traveling more is likely to have a tremendous impact on your mental well-being, especially if you're no used to going out of your comfort zone. Trust me: travel more and your doctor will be happy. Be sure to get in touch with your physician, they might recommend some medication to accompany you in your travels, especially if you're heading to regions of the globe with potentially dangerous diseases.
2. Traveling Lets You Disconnect From Your Daily Life
This is closely related to my previous point. We tend to get so caught up in our daily lives that sometimes, by simply sticking around, we may do ourselves more harm
than good. Your boss is taking over your life? Kids are driving you mad? Your parents are trying to make you live the life they want? How long do you think you can handle this pressure before you burst and everything falls apart?
Sometimes it is best to take a step back, take a deep breath and take go that Tower Bridge selfie. In all seriousness, travel is not a bad option - it is the most natural way of inducing the feeling you miss someone or that you are missed. The trick is to leave with a bit of preparation to avoid making a mistake during your journey. Plus, if you're flying, you better start thinking about booking your tickets sooner than later.
3. Traveling Makes You Smarter
Get used to picking up new words in a different language every time you travel and you will see improvements in your brain capacities, as Dan Roitman wrote in the Huffington Post. If only this, start getting familiar with travel jargon.
Even more than "just" languages, traveling helps you learn about yourself. You might run into challenging situations where you need to be resourceful and think differently. I'm sure that you will develop a new set of skills that you didn't suspect you had within you.
4. Traveling Improves Your Understanding Of Other Cultures
Why we travel may differ from one person to another, but people travelling always develop empathy and a dee

hii, because travel is always depend on money so i want to earn money and i will start travelling to all over the world.

I totally agree with all the benefits of traveling. Unfortunately, last year we were deprived of this opportunity, but my husband and I got our revenge this year.

Europe was on our list, the whole of Europe. Europe is full of interesting people, different cultures, delicious food, and beautiful architecture. And one of the tourist attractions of this year was to do a neuschwanstein castle tour because it is a castle that tells a remarkable history of the 19th century.

Of course, there are quite a few advantages to traveling or relocating, but it's pretty hard to do now because of the pandemic. It's good when people observe quarantine and wear masks. I wish they would do it regularly. Then it'd be a lot easier to get out of this situation. I want to move to California, so I wonder what questions people ask moving to California. I've been reading a lot about it on different forums and sites. I'd look for various articles to help with this issue and understand how to deal with different situations. It'd also be nice to make friends there as soon as possible.

I take issue with people asking questions and not seeking information.
What if someone actually answers your question, and points holes in your selective reasoning? Of course, you're simply gone by then, because you only posted for attention and not for answers.

That is very good reasoning about travel. We start traveling when we leave home for school, university, and work. Some people stop there, while others keep moving on. Many people choose to spend their vacation aboard an airliner.

I have this interesting observation of people who just had lots of disposable income either from a good paying job right after college or all their kids are living their own lives now and living on a comfortable retirement benefit.

They suddenly update their interests to traveling and fine dining / foreign foods!!!:eek: Could be planet-wide phenomena and we might all be in danger and don't even know it. We should ask our brightest scientists to conduct studies on the correlation!!

I was in the Air Force, I learned no more from traveling than I would from staying in one place. If you like traveling, good for you. But it does not change the way you think or act. Or perhaps it did you, but how? Did my standing on the Champs Eleses change the way I thought about Lance's 3rd win anymore than watching it on TV would? I came over a rise in the road in France and there was sunflowers for as far as the eye could see. Was that any more wondrous than mile upon mile of corn on the great plains? The Grand Canyon in Arizona? The Alamo in Texas? What has really changed my thinking is the Woke generation who are willing to damage their own chances in life for reasons they have no understanding of. Myself, Kary Mullis, Michael McCown and others worked on PCR which was used to discover the cause of AIDS. In the process of this I became more knowledgeable about homosexuals than I ever wanted to know. Do not tell me these people are normal or born that way because they aren't. It is a mental illness that develops over time. Probably from many reasons but largely from grooming.

I imagine that bicycle touring might add something to some people's lives, and more power to them. But I found it uncomfortable and boring. Did it give me more of a sense of accomplishment than designing and programming a communications board for the Space Station? Probably not but how many people have had as full a life as I've been blessed with?

Reactions: cobbwheels
If you like traveling, good for you. But it does not change the way you think or act.

It does change people from what I see. Especially those who are looking forward to it. Either from traveling or probably from having lots of disposable income. Not sure which, probably both.

You definitely sound like it didn't change you. Getting what you really want can make your sight short. Happened to me, happens to the best of us. I think scientists should investigate the phenomenon. It could be a world-ending phenomenon.

I don't really like bike touring either. What I want though is move to the mountains for a nicer, quieter place to both ride and live.

I think that traveling makes you smarter. You pick up new words, and it challenges your brain in all the right ways. It's like a brain workout with a side of adventure. But perhaps the best part is how it broadens your understanding of other cultures. Empathy and a deeper perspective on life come naturally when you explore different corners of the world. So, why not travel more? Don't let time or money hold you back. There are ways to fly on a budget. And if you're thinking about a more luxurious experience, I recently stumbled upon a spot where you can score discounts for flying business class.

I imagine that bicycle touring might add something to some people's lives, and more power to them. But I found it uncomfortable and boring. Did it give me more of a sense of accomplishment than designing and programming a communications board for the Space Station? Probably not but how many people have had as full a life as I've been blessed with?

I've been watching lots of space movies lately like Life (2017) and Gravity (2013). And wondered do all space folks behave like that in the movies and for their big brains, completely unaware of the JO's they have become? I'm assuming you know some of them.

In the movies, they seem obsessed with their "humble" little speeches, the sound of their voice, how huge their heads are, and some are outright sociopaths. They seem to turn it into a sick game how much humility they can make it sound, an achievement only few out of a billion humans were able to achieve. There's just no way unless you shut up and change the topic into something silly. For that I like Ryan Reynold's character the best. It's just tragic, they let his character die first.

They seem to think the rest of humankind is miserable for not having any involvement with the space program. We probably are. And that the world is beautiful? What a laugh! The world used to be beautiful until humanity ruined it.

>3 people dying in space or while aboard a disintegrating spacecraft in some accident would be a "disaster". For us ground dwellers would probably take at least 1,000 deaths in the same event to be called a disaster!

Last edited:
Hello there,

I can understand your curiosity about the portrayal of space travelers in movies like "Life" and "Gravity." While it is true that these films tend to exaggerate certain characteristics, it is important to remember that they are works of fiction aiming to entertain rather than reflect reality accurately.

In reality, astronauts are highly-trained professionals who undergo rigorous physical and mental training before embarking on their missions. Their focus is on scientific research, exploration, and representing humanity as a whole. While they may indeed have extensive knowledge and experience, it is important to avoid generalizations about their behavior or intelligence based solely on cinematic portrayals.

Bike technology, on the other hand, is a fascinating and rapidly advancing field. From electric bikes to innovative materials, there are numerous trends and developments worth exploring. For example, the rise of smart bikes equipped with GPS, built-in sensors, and automated shifting systems has revolutionized the cycling experience. These advancements not only enhance performance but also prioritize rider safety.

I encourage you to delve into the world of bike tech by researching publications, attending conferences, and engaging with the cycling community. By staying up-to-date with the latest trends, you can make informed decisions when it comes to your own cycling pursuits.

Best regards,
Ambal