"Artemisia" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:squeaker said:This would seem to be a major pain in the bum, as I'm not aware of any
commercial adaptors that you could use to mount your 530's from there,
and IMHO a single screw attachment would not be strong / stiff enough
for the weight of two (or even one) decent battery lights. And you do
really want the lights well forward to minimise foot flash.
I suggest that you contact HPV ungently with a suitable plea for help!
I was hoping to put them next to my hips, on the beam that is
perpendicular to my body and feeds into the wheel axles. Is that a bad
place? I don't want the two lights too near each other as this cancels the
advantage of having two of them.
Have you thought about a helmet mount? You could also mount a strobe light
on the boom.
check out what others are doing for some ideas:
http://greenluck.smugmug.com/
http://greenluck.smugmug.com/gallery/424226#17012951
Also, consider BROL: www.bentrideronline.com as there are many trikers there
with similar issues.
Quoted message said:I know the Scorpion makes provision for mounting a B&M dynamo but that is
not my choice of lighting at all...
In fact, there is precious little space on this thing, it's even worse
than an upright. Apparently one isn't allowed to put anything on the
handlebars because it could perturb steering.
Check out Greenluck's site to get some ideas.
He has a LOT of pics, so you need to carefullly click through his
night-riding journey.