Artemisia wrote: :: On 5 nov, 20:39, "Roger Zoul" <[email hidden]> wrote: :: ::: Have you thought about a helmet mount? You could also mount a ::: strobe light on the boom. :: :: Helmet mount could be an idea if I can use two with the EL530s. Only :: it was such a delicious sensation the other day to be riding, for the :: first time in my life, _without_ a helmet!
Yes, I know that feeling as well.
:: ::: Check out Greenluck's site to get some ideas. :: :: Thanks for all the links. I will indeed check them out. ::
Check this out as a possible means to mount your two lights:
"Don Whybrow" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
gotbent said:
Widdershins is a wonderful word. I haven't seen anywhere except in the book "Dahlgren (Samuel Delaney)", and the subject of the thread. Of course I had to check Google and there are lots of references to widdershins, but when I read Dahlgre it would be several years until I got my first computer and more years until the invention of Google.
I can't remember it in that book, but then there is a lot in there that was difficult to figure out. I'm not sure I ever understood it all.
-- Don Whybrow
Sequi Bonum Non Time
"This seems like a case where we need to shoot the messenger." (Charlie Kaufman on Cypherpunks list)
"Don Whybrow" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
gotbent said:
Widdershins is a wonderful word. I haven't seen anywhere except in the book "Dahlgren (Samuel Delaney)", and the subject of the thread. Of course I had to check Google and there are lots of references to widdershins, but when I read Dahlgre it would be several years until I got my first computer and more years until the invention of Google.
I can't remember it in that book, but then there is a lot in there that was difficult to figure out. I'm not sure I ever understood it all.
-- Don Whybrow
Sequi Bonum Non Time
"This seems like a case where we need to shoot the messenger." (Charlie Kaufman on Cypherpunks list)
How about fitting an extension to the boom using the existing lamp bracket, and mounting the lights on that? That would put them away from any obstruction, with a reasonable range of location, and removeable with a single bolt or clevis pin (although it might need a velcro strap around the boom too). You could probably reverse it to carry the lights inboard when they weren't being used, or if the lights were easily reversible use it as an alternative mounting position.
IMHO on the right lines, but not exactly 'off the shelf'. I'd probably try 25mm 'U' section aluminium channel for the boom extension, with a stainless jubilee clip around the boom. Bit difficult without having the bits in front of you, though 😉 FWIW I'd also try contacting the guys who sold me the trike and seeing if I could do a deal on a boom with the dérailleur post. That's what my Dual Drive equipped Grasshopper has, and is where the lights and reflector live, mounted off an old stem and handlebar section....
How about fitting an extension to the boom using the existing lamp bracket, and mounting the lights on that? That would put them away from any obstruction, with a reasonable range of location, and removeable with a single bolt or clevis pin (although it might need a velcro strap around the boom too). You could probably reverse it to carry the lights inboard when they weren't being used, or if the lights were easily reversible use it as an alternative mounting position.
IMHO on the right lines, but not exactly 'off the shelf'. I'd probably try 25mm 'U' section aluminium channel for the boom extension, with a stainless jubilee clip around the boom. Bit difficult without having the bits in front of you, though 😉 FWIW I'd also try contacting the guys who sold me the trike and seeing if I could do a deal on a boom with the dérailleur post. That's what my Dual Drive equipped Grasshopper has, and is where the lights and reflector live, mounted off an old stem and handlebar section....
She may be rightpondian, but in .fr rather than .uk.
Quoted message said:
"Artemisia" <[email hidden]> wrote
Quoted message said:
Yes, we Continentals drive on the right.
Edward Dolan said:
It is too bad that you do not think RIGHT! How did old Europe ever get so far LEFT? It is OK to be socialist, but it is not OK to be cowardly in the face of the Muslim enemy. Whatever happened to the descendents of Napoleon Bonaparte and his Grande Armee?
-snip-
Quoted message said:
Charles Martel
-snip-
Quoted message said:
But though the Saracens fled from the battlefield of Tours, they did not leave the land of the Franks; and Charles had to fight other battles with them, before they were finally defeated. At last, however, he drove them across the Pyrenees, and they never again attempted to invade Frankland.
Tour the banlieues and get back to us. -- Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April, 1971
She may be rightpondian, but in .fr rather than .uk.
Quoted message said:
"Artemisia" <[email hidden]> wrote
Quoted message said:
Yes, we Continentals drive on the right.
Edward Dolan said:
It is too bad that you do not think RIGHT! How did old Europe ever get so far LEFT? It is OK to be socialist, but it is not OK to be cowardly in the face of the Muslim enemy. Whatever happened to the descendents of Napoleon Bonaparte and his Grande Armee?
-snip-
Quoted message said:
Charles Martel
-snip-
Quoted message said:
But though the Saracens fled from the battlefield of Tours, they did not leave the land of the Franks; and Charles had to fight other battles with them, before they were finally defeated. At last, however, he drove them across the Pyrenees, and they never again attempted to invade Frankland.
Tour the banlieues and get back to us. -- Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April, 1971
In article <[email hidden]>, squeaker [email hidden] says...
Quoted message said:
IMHO on the right lines, but not exactly 'off the shelf'. I'd probably try 25mm 'U' section aluminium channel for the boom extension, with a stainless jubilee clip around the boom.
I'd have thought box rather than channel, for torsional rigidity and to provide a flat top surface you could stick a pad to. I think a Jubilee clip is OTT though - the weight of the lamps would hold the boom in place, all the secondary fixing needs to do is stop them bouncing. Don't forget this is a folding trike, so demountability might be a priority.
In article <[email hidden]>, squeaker [email hidden] says...
Quoted message said:
IMHO on the right lines, but not exactly 'off the shelf'. I'd probably try 25mm 'U' section aluminium channel for the boom extension, with a stainless jubilee clip around the boom.
I'd have thought box rather than channel, for torsional rigidity and to provide a flat top surface you could stick a pad to. I think a Jubilee clip is OTT though - the weight of the lamps would hold the boom in place, all the secondary fixing needs to do is stop them bouncing. Don't forget this is a folding trike, so demountability might be a priority.