Wild finish at GENT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Crystal

Wow... cool finish... just read it on eurosport.com...

16:13 It's the final sprint!!!! It's going to be close with Boonen, Klier and Vogels...
17:16 ANDREAS KLIER WINS!!!!
18:16 But Vogels pushes Boonen wide and Boonen collides with a photographer!!!! Boonen literally
flips and crashes hard, landing on his hip...ouch!!!! Boonen is furious!!!

If anyone has a video link to this finish, can they post it here...

Thanks Crystal

"Crystal" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Wow... cool finish... just read it on eurosport.com...
>
> 16:13 It's the final sprint!!!! It's going to be close with Boonen, Klier and Vogels...
> 16:16 ANDREAS KLIER WINS!!!!
> 16:16 But Vogels pushes Boonen wide and Boonen collides with a photographer!!!! Boonen literally
> flips and crashes hard, landing on his hip...ouch!!!! Boonen is furious!!!
>
> If anyone has a video link to this finish, can they post it here...
>
> Thanks Crystal
>

Why was Cipollini DQ'd?

-T

On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 16:17:25 GMT, Tom Schulenburg wrote:
>Why was Cipollini DQ'd?

Throwing a full water bottle to a motorbike rider. It wasn't really clear why. He fell before,
but the biker said he certainly wasn't in the way there. He may have been in the way when Cipo
was consulting his team car a little later on. Apparently he threw 2 bidons but we only got to
see one flying.

All three of them were on the podium, so it looks like he is not hurt too bad.

What is strange to me is seeing a Navigators jersey on the podium of a classic race.

http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/3719.0.html

"Crystal" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Wow... cool finish... just read it on eurosport.com...
>
> 16:13 It's the final sprint!!!! It's going to be close with Boonen, Klier and Vogels...
> 16:16 ANDREAS KLIER WINS!!!!
> 16:16 But Vogels pushes Boonen wide and Boonen collides with a photographer!!!! Boonen literally
> flips and crashes hard, landing on his hip...ouch!!!! Boonen is furious!!!
>
> If anyone has a video link to this finish, can they post it here...
>
> Thanks Crystal

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 16:17:25 GMT, Tom Schulenburg wrote:
>> Why was Cipollini DQ'd?
>
> Throwing a full water bottle to a motorbike rider. It wasn't really clear why. He fell before,
> but the biker said he certainly wasn't in the way there. He may have been in the way when Cipo
> was consulting his team car a little later on. Apparently he threw 2 bidons but we only got to
> see one flying.

It looked like Cipo was coasting off his team car and an official on a bike rode up and said
something about it. Apparently this was enough to throw him into a fit. Because he was really
******. Actually the second water bottle was thrown in such a way that it would have toppled the MC
off the road if it had hit smack on. Now it just barely missed his face. He ought to be out of more
races than just a DQ on this one.

--
Perre

Remove and/or replace the DOTs as needed to reply

"Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> > On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 16:17:25 GMT, Tom Schulenburg wrote:
> >> Why was Cipollini DQ'd?
> >
> > Throwing a full water bottle to a motorbike rider. It wasn't really clear why. He fell before,
> > but the biker said he certainly wasn't in the way there. He may have been in the way when Cipo
> > was consulting his team car a little later on. Apparently he threw 2 bidons but we only got to
> > see one flying.
>
> It looked like Cipo was coasting off his team car and an official on a
bike
> rode up and said something about it. Apparently this was enough to throw
him
> into a fit. Because he was really ******. Actually the second water bottle was thrown in such a
> way that it would have toppled the MC off the road if it had hit smack on. Now it just barely
> missed his face. He ought to be out of more races than just a DQ on this one.

Bravo Mario!

BRAVO!!!!!!

LOL

the motordriver said he had been using the horn a LOT to get passed Cipo. In his frustration, he got
a bit 'annoyed' it seems.

The Cyclingnews live report says that Cipo thought that this was the motorcycle that caused his
crash which is why he through his bidon. Turns out it was actually a rather unpopular UCI
commissaire riding on that moto.

"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > All three of them were on the podium, so it looks like he is not hurt
too
> > bad.
> >
> > What is strange to me is seeing a Navigators jersey on the podium of a classic race.
> >
> > http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/3719.0.html
> >
>
> How many times did Hincapie race GW before he made the podium? Dave

Perhaps Tom Boonen knows the answer to that one.

"Tim Zlogar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> The Cyclingnews live report says that Cipo thought that this was the motorcycle that caused his
> crash which is why he through his bidon. Turns out it was actually a rather unpopular UCI
> commissaire riding on that moto.

That was said on Belgian TV, but don't you think it's hard for live reporters to know what a rider
is thinking.... They also said the motorbiker was Benoni Beheyt.

Seeing the scene back in the evening, the horn behind Cipo was VERY present and he was looking
back a lot.

"Bart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> "Tim Zlogar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > The Cyclingnews live report says that Cipo thought that this was the motorcycle that caused his
> > crash which is why he through his bidon. Turns out it was actually a rather unpopular UCI
> > commissaire riding on that moto.
>
> That was said on Belgian TV, but don't you think it's hard for live reporters to know what a rider
> is thinking.... They also said the motorbiker was Benoni Beheyt.

Well, it wasn't him. Right after the race they interviewed him (forgot his name). He had no idea
why Cipo had done this. The newspaper today suggested that Cipo was just frustrated that after his
fall none of his teammates waited for him and then the motor came by while he was talking to his
team director.

Erik

"Erik van Leeuwen" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Well, it wasn't him.

of course , that's what I meant: journalists make mistakes.

it wass only translation, but a Cipo interview I read is really pathetic "first I couldn't follow on
the Kemmel, and then I fell, and then I was ALL ALONE. I felt frustrated. And then that motorbiker
wanted to force me to ride in the wind. And then his horn!"

wow.... BRAVO !!!! indeed

"Bart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> "Erik van Leeuwen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> > Well, it wasn't him.
>
> of course , that's what I meant: journalists make mistakes.
>
> it wass only translation, but a Cipo interview I read is really pathetic "first I couldn't follow
> on the Kemmel, and then I fell, and then I was
ALL
> ALONE. I felt frustrated. And then that motorbiker wanted to force me to ride in the wind. And
> then his horn!"
>
> wow.... BRAVO !!!! indeed

Ghent Wevelgem 2002 and 2003 editions are the only times in Cipo's career that he hasn't had
teamates' wheels to follow around.

Last year, it was in a breakaway (very impressive ride), this year off the back of the breakaway
(when the spoiled child within reared its ugly head).

I've said it before, Mario behaves himself well when things are going his way. When things don't go
his way, then he becomes Cippolini, The Gentlman.

Poor Mario.

BRAVO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.