Here is a story about Lance doing a Cross race in Southern Calif. Will
this make Cross more popular here in rbr?
http://www.cyclocrossworld.com/News.cfm?Action=Edit&MenuKey=255&theKey=2
55
--
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
Road Cycling · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
Here is a story about Lance doing a Cross race in Southern Calif. Will
this make Cross more popular here in rbr?
http://www.cyclocrossworld.com/News.cfm?Action=Edit&MenuKey=255&theKey=2
55
--
Nah, it will horrify the rbr prognosticators like Brian and Henry to
hear that Lance and Sheryl haven't broken up because they had a tiff.
Here's a question: When Dave Carr, Vehuel, Albright and Adam Myerson
were posting here they all practiced cross didn't they? Wouldn't you
expect that if more of the group start racing cross that you'd see more
about it here?
My beef is that cross stays WAY below the radar. For the last three
years I've wanted to try cross racing but I have to work pretty hard to
find out where and when there are going to be some racing in my area.
And then it seems to disappear right after new year when you'd expect
it to be at its peak.
In article <[email hidden]>,
Casey Kerrigan said:Here is a story about Lance doing a Cross race in Southern Calif. Will
this make Cross more popular here in rbr?http://www.cyclocrossworld.com/News.cfm?Action=Edit&MenuKey=255&theKey=2555
No. Lance has regularly participated in regional cross races in previous
years.
--
Ryan Cousineau, [email hidden] http://www.wiredcola.com
Verus de parvis; verus de magnis.
In article <[email hidden]>, "Tom"
Quoted message said:Nah, it will horrify the rbr prognosticators like Brian and Henry to
hear that Lance and Sheryl haven't broken up because they had a tiff.Here's a question: When Dave Carr, Vehuel, Albright and Adam Myerson
were posting here they all practiced cross didn't they? Wouldn't you
expect that if more of the group start racing cross that you'd see more
about it here?My beef is that cross stays WAY below the radar. For the last three
years I've wanted to try cross racing but I have to work pretty hard to
find out where and when there are going to be some racing in my area.And then it seems to disappear right after new year when you'd expect
it to be at its peak.
We tried running post-nationals 'cross races in Colorado once. We found
attendance dropped off dramatically in comparison with pre-nats races.
Here, anyway, most folks seem to prefer to hit the weight room, start
logging their base miles, ski, ride the fixie ... in short, do just about
anything other than freeze their naughty bits off for an hour with a heart
rate of 185bpm.
Cheers,
Patrick O'Grady
Mad Dog Media
http://www.maddogmedia.com
Tom said:Nah, it will horrify the rbr prognosticators like Brian and Henry to
hear that Lance and Sheryl haven't broken up because they had a tiff.Here's a question: When Dave Carr, Vehuel, Albright and Adam Myerson
were posting here they all practiced cross didn't they? Wouldn't you
expect that if more of the group start racing cross that you'd see
more
Quoted message said:about it here?
My beef is that cross stays WAY below the radar. For the last three
years I've wanted to try cross racing but I have to work pretty hard
to
Quoted message said:find out where and when there are going to be some racing in my area.
And then it seems to disappear right after new year when you'd expect
it to be at its peak.
You must not have been working too hard to try and find a cross race
where you are (Northern CA right?). Imagine, a website that you could
type something in, and search the internet for what you want to
research. Oh wait, there is something like that. It's called
google.com that most on this board seem to relish in pointing others
towards. Here's what I found in oh about 30 seconds:
http://www.cyclocrossworld.com/Calendar.cfm
http://www.velobella.org/rides_cyclocross.htm
http://members.aol.com/napavelo/history.htm
So try "harder" next time, we need more people to ride cross. All are
welcome I would imagine.
Tom
Tom said:My beef is that cross stays WAY below the radar. For the last three
years I've wanted to try cross racing but I have to work pretty hard
to
Quoted message said:find out where and when there are going to be some racing in my area.
And then it seems to disappear right after new year when you'd expect
it to be at its peak.
That's some excuse in Norcal, Koach K. Maybe nobody posts here
about cross because they're afraid you'll show up to the race.
But actually, I think this would be your speed, and it's in
San Francisco:
http://www.abbiorca.com/bike/cross/cross2003/outlaw-9-23-03/index.html
On 12/20/2004 10:40 AM, in article
[email hidden], "Tom"
Quoted message said:My beef is that cross stays WAY below the radar. For the last three
years I've wanted to try cross racing but I have to work pretty hard to
find out where and when there are going to be some racing in my area.
You have to work hard to figure out:
http://www.ncnca.org/cyclocross/
Uh ... Yeah ... Okay.
--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com
veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net
bellum pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est
ess ay ell tea ell ay kay ee sea eye tee why you ti ay aitch
aitch tee tea pea colon [for word] slash [four ward] slash double-you
double-yew double-ewe dot veloworks dot com [foreword] slash
Casey Kerrigan said:Here is a story about Lance doing a Cross race in Southern Calif.
Will
Quoted message said:this make Cross more popular here in rbr?
Dumbass -
The only way to make 'cross or any human powered vehicle competition
more interesting to the mainstream is to somehow add sex to it.
thanks,
K. Gringioni.
rbr marketing guru
In article <[email hidden]>,
Kurgan Gringioni said:Casey Kerrigan said:Here is a story about Lance doing a Cross race in Southern Calif.
WillQuoted message said:this make Cross more popular here in rbr?
Dumbass -
The only way to make 'cross or any human powered vehicle competition
more interesting to the mainstream is to somehow add sex to it.
thanks,K. Gringioni.
rbr marketing guru
Hmm, sounds like a job for good ol', non-judgemental Fox. Reality!
--
tanx,
Howard
Butter is love.
remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Shefield, you really need to get a life. That norcal cyclocross site
showed nothing but the pro races for two months onm it's main page and
it took at least a month for me to figure out how to get off of the
main page. It was very difficult to find the cross calendar on it and
the website was almost impossible to navigate.
Tom, if you go to those web sites and try to navigate around them to
find the calendars you'll see just what I mean.
If you're a 'A' rider going to national events it's pretty easy to
find. If you're doing local stuff like the East Bay or the Surf City
stuff you have a very hard time finding it.
In article <[email hidden]>, Tom
Quoted message said:Tom, if you go to those web sites and try to navigate around them to
find the calendars you'll see just what I mean.If you're a 'A' rider going to national events it's pretty easy to
find. If you're doing local stuff like the East Bay or the Surf City
stuff you have a very hard time finding it.
I admit that finding the calendar link in the upper right corner of
the main Cross page was a little harder than it should have been. All
the type should have been bigger to make it easier to find. Still on
the main page of the Cross section links to the calendar were included
in the articles posted on 8/17, 8/30, 9/15, 9/29, 10/4, 10/6, 10/20,
11/4, 11/12, and 11/15. All of those articles are still available on
the main cross page and the calendar link is highlighted in each
article.
The calendar always listed all races ( major and minor) that
information was available for and races were listed by date as wel as
series events having a link to series information. Even if youmissed
the calendar link at the top of the page it shouldn't have taken that
much effort to find a calendar link in one of the many articles on the
main page.
On 12/21/2004 07:30 AM, in article
[email hidden], "Tom"
Quoted message said:Shefield, you really need to get a life. That norcal cyclocross site
showed nothing but the pro races for two months onm it's main page and
it took at least a month for me to figure out how to get off of the
main page. It was very difficult to find the cross calendar on it and
the website was almost impossible to navigate.
1. Go to http://www.ncnca.org
2. Click on "Cyclocross" on the menu near the top of the screen to go to
the cyclocross section.
3. Click on Calendar in the menu in the upper right of the screen to view
the calendar.
4. Click links on calendar to be directed to information on each of the
various races.
I dunno, Tom ... seems pretty simple to me, and we all know that Democrats
(like myself) are dumber than pigshit.
--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com
veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net
bellum pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est
ess ay ell tea ell ay kay ee sea eye tee why you ti ay aitch
aitch tee tea pea colon [for word] slash [four ward] slash double-you
double-yew double-ewe dot veloworks dot com [foreword] slash
"Casey Kerrigan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:In article <[email hidden]>, Tom
Quoted message said:Tom, if you go to those web sites and try to navigate around them to
find the calendars you'll see just what I mean.If you're a 'A' rider going to national events it's pretty easy to
find. If you're doing local stuff like the East Bay or the Surf City
stuff you have a very hard time finding it.I admit that finding the calendar link in the upper right corner of
the main Cross page was a little harder than it should have been.
Come on Casey, that ain't the page I was getting last month.
Moreover, I sent an email to the webmaster and never got a reply.
"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:On 12/21/2004 07:30 AM, in article
1. Go to http://www.ncnca.org
2. Click on "Cyclocross" on the menu near the top of the screen to go to
the cyclocross section.
3. Click on Calendar in the menu in the upper right of the screen to view
the calendar.
4. Click links on calendar to be directed to information on each of the
various races.I dunno, Tom ... seems pretty simple to me, and we all know that Democrats
(like myself) are dumber than pigshit.
Except that the top display WASN'T there. When I clicked on Cyclocross all I
got was the stuff starting at "NCNCA Cyclocross News".
Try looking in the classified section. I've also written the webmaster on
that and recieved no reply despite the last entries on it being in
September. Maybe this is just a clock error but I couldn't get it to respond
to an entry.
I don't remember how I finally found the Calendar but I remember that it was
pretty indirect. So don't pretend that the website is great when it has
errors on it.
In article <[email hidden]>, Tom
Kunich said:"Casey Kerrigan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:In article <[email hidden]>, Tom
Quoted message said:Tom, if you go to those web sites and try to navigate around them to
find the calendars you'll see just what I mean.If you're a 'A' rider going to national events it's pretty easy to
find. If you're doing local stuff like the East Bay or the Surf City
stuff you have a very hard time finding it.I admit that finding the calendar link in the upper right corner of
the main Cross page was a little harder than it should have been.Come on Casey, that ain't the page I was getting last month.
Moreover, I sent an email to the webmaster and never got a reply.
Well that is the main Cross page that has been up since 8/17 when the
first updates for this year were made. I can't see how you were getting
something different. The Main Cross page has been the same, except for
adding on news items on the dates listed, since the start of the Cross
season. At least every time I have accessed the Cross section that is
the main page I have gotten.
"Tom" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Nah, it will horrify the rbr prognosticators like Brian and Henry to
hear that Lance and Sheryl haven't broken up because they had a tiff.Here's a question: When Dave Carr, Vehuel, Albright and Adam Myerson
were posting here they all practiced cross didn't they? Wouldn't you
expect that if more of the group start racing cross that you'd see more
about it here?My beef is that cross stays WAY below the radar. For the last three
years I've wanted to try cross racing but I have to work pretty hard to
find out where and when there are going to be some racing in my area.And then it seems to disappear right after new year when you'd expect
it to be at its peak.
move to the northeast.
race cross 25 or more times before chanukah!
e-RICHIE
Quoted message said:
"Casey Kerrigan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:In article <[email hidden]>, Tom
Kunich said:"Casey Kerrigan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:In article <[email hidden]>, Tom
<[email hidden]> wrote:> Tom, if you go to those web sites and try to navigate around them to
> find the calendars you'll see just what I mean.
>
> If you're a 'A' rider going to national events it's pretty easy to
> find. If you're doing local stuff like the East Bay or the Surf City
> stuff you have a very hard time finding it.I admit that finding the calendar link in the upper right corner of
the main Cross page was a little harder than it should have been.Come on Casey, that ain't the page I was getting last month.
Moreover, I sent an email to the webmaster and never got a reply.
Well that is the main Cross page that has been up since 8/17 when the
first updates for this year were made. I can't see how you were getting
something different. The Main Cross page has been the same, except for
adding on news items on the dates listed, since the start of the Cross
season. At least every time I have accessed the Cross section that is
the main page I have gotten.
The page was almost the same when I was accessing it however it didn't have
the header on which the buttons to the calendar were located. Instead I
think it had everthing below the NCNCA Cyclocross News.
It's hard for me to remember exactly what differences were since it was
changed long enough ago that I had already quit trying to look it up after
the cross race on Greenville Rd.
Anyway, why complain if I was able to just push buttons to get to the
calendars? What I ended up doing was jumping around on a results page and
editing out parts of the URL until I got to a place where I found a button
to the calendar.
"Richard Sachs" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
"Tom" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:Nah, it will horrify the rbr prognosticators like Brian and Henry to
hear that Lance and Sheryl haven't broken up because they had a tiff.Here's a question: When Dave Carr, Vehuel, Albright and Adam Myerson
were posting here they all practiced cross didn't they? Wouldn't you
expect that if more of the group start racing cross that you'd see more
about it here?My beef is that cross stays WAY below the radar. For the last three
years I've wanted to try cross racing but I have to work pretty hard to
find out where and when there are going to be some racing in my area.And then it seems to disappear right after new year when you'd expect
it to be at its peak.move to the northeast.
race cross 25 or more times before chanukah!
That's another thing. I started looking for information on cross about early
September and the only links to anything were on the NCNCA page and I
believe it only showed the previous year's results.
Quoted message said:From: "Tom Kunich" [email hidden]
Quoted message said:That's another thing. I started looking for information on cross about early
September and the only links to anything were on the NCNCA page and I
believe it only showed the previous year's results.
http://bostoncross.com/
http://www.necyclocross.com/
http://www.cyclocrossworld.com/
http://www.ecvcycling.org/index.html
http://bikereg.com/races/Default.asp?et=2
Here's a few of the NE links.
Bill C
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.