General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

win some, lose some

Started by Cindy Fuller · · Last activity · 23 posts · 646 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
24 March 2005
Last activity
27 March 2005
Original author
Cindy Fuller
Posts
23
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
646
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–23 of 23
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Terry Pulliam Burd said:

    Beets, not money, is the root of all evil, you ask me. The MIL used


    to

    Quoted message said:

    regularly serve beets and I think she just did it to p*ss me off. And
    the most evil beet dish of all is borscht.

    I've had borscht. Once. I hate beets, too, but a good friend made the
    borscht, and I'd rather eat something I hate than insult a good friend.
    It was... not bad. I ate the entire pint. But I didn't ask her for
    the recipe.

    June

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Quoted post said:

    I've had borscht. Once. I hate beets, too, but a good friend made the
    borscht, and I'd rather eat something I hate than insult a good friend.

    Not me. Friends don't let friends eat dreck.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Arizona vacation pics added 3-24-05.
    "I read recipes the way I read science fiction: I get to the end and
    say,'Well, that's not going to happen.'" - Comedian Rita Rudner,
    performance at New York, New York, January 10, 2005.

  3. In article <[email hidden]>, Terry Pulliam

    Burd said:

    Beets, not money, is the root of all evil, you ask me. The MIL used to
    regularly serve beets and I think she just did it to p*ss me off. And
    the most evil beet dish of all is borscht. She used to do a double
    whammy at Christmas: borscht and lutefisk <shudder> How's that for
    cultural confusion?

    Gack! I'm picturing the beet juice mingling with whatever white sauce
    accompanied the lutefisk, making it magenta pink. Barf.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Arizona vacation pics added 3-24-05.
    "I read recipes the way I read science fiction: I get to the end and
    say,'Well, that's not going to happen.'" - Comedian Rita Rudner,
    performance at New York, New York, January 10, 2005.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.