I’ve been trying out a new Mueller Windwrap fairing on my V2. I have a very laid back set up, so the
fairing probably doesn’t do nearly as much as it might on a Gold Rush, but it does seem to help a
bit, and it sure is warmer. I have it set up with the top of the fairing about chin level.
But one thing that bothers me is the wind turbulence in my face. I suppose it makes sense that the
wind which hits the front of the bike is compressed as it flows over the fairing, and speeds up in
the process. But the force of the wind in my face seems like what I feel without the fairing on a
downhill at 40, even when I’m going just 22 or so. This might not be such a big deal, except that I
have the worlds most active dear ducts, and I am at the point of needing ski goggles just to ride
the thing.
Anybody else notice this? Is this common to all fairings?
Steve Christensen Midland, MI