Winter cycling gear

wafflycat wrote:
> Vernon has a SO. Nathan, on the other hand, has been warned of the dangers
> of women by his mother. I've told him he really should have nothing to do
> with the predators until he's at least 30 ;-)

How carefully did you word that warning? How easy will it be for him to
interpret it as meaning that he should have nothing to do with the
predators unless they are least 30? I'm sure he must have heard about
the benefits of spending time with older, more experienced women ;-)

--
Danny Colyer (my reply address is valid but checked infrequently)
<URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/>

killermike wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:13:35 +0000 (UTC), wafflycat wrote:
>

>> This post from a person going by the name of "killermike" Should I be
>> worried? ;-)

> Hey! I may have chosen the handle 'killermike' and I may believe
> strongly that all of the piggies are in need a damn good whacking
> but... I can't think of way to end that sentence.

On a related subject, do you have anything to say about this?:

Is that killer mike a relative of yours?
--
Ambrose

"killermike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Hey! I may have chosen the handle 'killermike' and I may believe strongly
> that all of the piggies are in need a damn good whacking but... I can't
> think of way to end that sentence.

Hmmm... Piggies in need of a damn good whacking... I'm sure there's
something deeply Freudian about that staterment ;-)

Cheers, helen s

"Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> wafflycat wrote:
>> Vernon has a SO. Nathan, on the other hand, has been warned of the
>> dangers of women by his mother. I've told him he really should have
>> nothing to do with the predators until he's at least 30 ;-)

> How carefully did you word that warning? How easy will it be for him to
> interpret it as meaning that he should have nothing to do with the
> predators unless they are least 30? I'm sure he must have heard about the
> benefits of spending time with older, more experienced women ;-)

:-D

Mind you, with Vernon, I'm the much younger woman!

Cheers, helen s

killermike wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 19:43:48 -0000, Ambrose Nankivell wrote:
>

>> On a related subject, do you have anything to say about this?:
>>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4394722.stm
>>
>> Is that killer mike a relative of yours?

> Doh! You made me read that a couple of times :)

It is indeed possibly the poorest pun of the week, but I did hear this one
earlier on, and feel the need to share it:

Did you hear about the zoo that had only one animal, which, to make matters
worse, was just a dog.

Apparently, it was a shitzu.

(And now I won't post again until I've got something really bike related)
--
Ambrose

killermike wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:13:35 +0000 (UTC), wafflycat wrote:
>>

>>> This post from a person going by the name of "killermike" Should I be
>>> worried? ;-)

>> Hey! I may have chosen the handle 'killermike' and I may believe
>> strongly that all of the piggies are in need a damn good whacking
>> but... I can't think of way to end that sentence.

What's all this about whacking piggies??

<fx: trots away backwards in alarm...>

Wet fishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~

Peewiglet wrote:

> <fx: trots away backwards in alarm...>

IRTA foxtrots away backwards.....
--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 08:04:10 +0000, Tony Raven <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Peewiglet wrote:
>>

>> <fx: trots away backwards in alarm...>
>>

>IRTA foxtrots away backwards.....

That's understandable. All piglets are accomplished foxtrotters.

:)

Wet fishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~

Showing my age here: this is from the Beatles White Album:

Have you seen the little piggies
Crawling in the dirt
And for all the little piggies
Life is getting worse
Always having dirt to play around in.

Have you seen the bigger piggies
In their starched white shirts
You will find the bigger piggies
Stirring up the dirt
Always have clean shirts to play around in.

In their styes with all their backing
They don't care what goes on around
In their eyes there's something lacking
What they need's a damn good whacking.

On 17 Nov 2005 02:20:47 -0800, "iakobski" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Showing my age here: this is from the Beatles White Album:
>
>Have you seen the little piggies
>Crawling in the dirt
>And for all the little piggies
>Life is getting worse
>Always having dirt to play around in.
>
>Have you seen the bigger piggies
>In their starched white shirts
>You will find the bigger piggies
>Stirring up the dirt
>Always have clean shirts to play around in.
>
>In their styes with all their backing
>They don't care what goes on around
>In their eyes there's something lacking
>What they need's a damn good whacking.

Ahaaa... thanks :)

(This prejudice against piggies is a bit of a concern, though! Didn't
George Orwell have a similarly jaundiced view?)

:)

Wet fishes,
--
,,