General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Wintertime B-B-Q chicken in oven tip

Started by jdc1 · · Last activity · 16 posts · 464 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
9 December 2005
Last activity
9 December 2005
Original author
jdc1
Posts
16
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
464
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–16 of 16
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. This may be known. My oven b-b-q chicken came out un- bar-b-q like.
    I thought I'd try this:

    After wash and dry chicken, sprinkled favorite dry fixin's on it, thrown pieces into
    ziplock with your favorite B-B-Q sauce, lined a 7"x10" cooking pan with foil and Pam
    sprayed a couple of pie cooling racks to sit chicken pieces on, turned on oven to 350 and
    cooked for an hour.....

    Turn off oven, open oven door for 2 few minutes, close oven door and leave chicken there
    for 40-50 minutes more.

    It gently dries out the chicken meat a little so it's not so oily moist and gives more of
    an authentic b-b-q taste.

  2. On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 05:45:51 GMT, " jdc1" <" jdc1"@san.rr.com>

    Quoted message said:

    This may be known. My oven b-b-q chicken came out un- bar-b-q like.
    I thought I'd try this:

    After wash and dry chicken, sprinkled favorite dry fixin's on it, thrown pieces into
    ziplock with your favorite B-B-Q sauce, lined a 7"x10" cooking pan with foil and Pam
    sprayed a couple of pie cooling racks to sit chicken pieces on, turned on oven to 350 and
    cooked for an hour.....

    Turn off oven, open oven door for 2 few minutes, close oven door and leave chicken there
    for 40-50 minutes more.

    It gently dries out the chicken meat a little so it's not so oily moist and gives more of
    an authentic b-b-q taste.

    That sounds pretty good. You should post that for the folks in
    alt.food.barbecue.

    -sw

  3. "Steve Wertz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 05:45:51 GMT, " jdc1" <" jdc1"@san.rr.com>

    Quoted message said:

    This may be known. My oven b-b-q chicken came out un- bar-b-q like.
    I thought I'd try this:

    After wash and dry chicken, sprinkled favorite dry fixin's on it, thrown


    pieces into

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    ziplock with your favorite B-B-Q sauce, lined a 7"x10" cooking pan with


    foil and Pam

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    sprayed a couple of pie cooling racks to sit chicken pieces on, turned on


    oven to 350 and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    cooked for an hour.....

    Turn off oven, open oven door for 2 few minutes, close oven door and


    leave chicken there

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    for 40-50 minutes more.

    Would cooking it high for the first 25 minutes or so and then turning down
    the heat work as well?

  4. rox formerly rmg said:

    "Steve Wertz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 05:45:51 GMT, " jdc1" <" jdc1"@san.rr.com>

    Quoted message said:

    This may be known. My oven b-b-q chicken came out un- bar-b-q like.
    I thought I'd try this:

    After wash and dry chicken, sprinkled favorite dry fixin's on it, thrown



    pieces into

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    ziplock with your favorite B-B-Q sauce, lined a 7"x10" cooking pan with



    foil and Pam

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    sprayed a couple of pie cooling racks to sit chicken pieces on, turned on



    oven to 350 and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    cooked for an hour.....

    Turn off oven, open oven door for 2 few minutes, close oven door and



    leave chicken there

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    for 40-50 minutes more.


    Would cooking it high for the first 25 minutes or so and then turning down
    the heat work as well?

    That might tend to heat up the fat in the skin too fast and cause the b-b-q sauce to run off.

  5. Steve Wertz said:

    On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 05:45:51 GMT, " jdc1" <" jdc1"@san.rr.com>

    Quoted message said:

    This may be known. My oven b-b-q chicken came out un- bar-b-q like.
    I thought I'd try this:

    After wash and dry chicken, sprinkled favorite dry fixin's on it, thrown pieces into
    ziplock with your favorite B-B-Q sauce, lined a 7"x10" cooking pan with foil and Pam
    sprayed a couple of pie cooling racks to sit chicken pieces on, turned on oven to 350 and
    cooked for an hour.....

    Turn off oven, open oven door for 2 few minutes, close oven door and leave chicken there
    for 40-50 minutes more.

    It gently dries out the chicken meat a little so it's not so oily moist and gives more of
    an authentic b-b-q taste.

    That sounds pretty good. You should post that for the folks in
    alt.food.barbecue.

    You are E-V-I-L! LOL!

    Carol
    --

    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos

  6. "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Steve Wertz said:

    On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 05:45:51 GMT, " jdc1" <" jdc1"@san.rr.com>

    Quoted message said:

    This may be known. My oven b-b-q chicken came out un- bar-b-q like.
    I thought I'd try this:

    After wash and dry chicken, sprinkled favorite dry fixin's on it, thrown


    pieces into

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    ziplock with your favorite B-B-Q sauce, lined a 7"x10" cooking pan with


    foil and Pam

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    sprayed a couple of pie cooling racks to sit chicken pieces on, turned


    on oven to 350 and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    cooked for an hour.....

    Turn off oven, open oven door for 2 few minutes, close oven door and


    leave chicken there

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    for 40-50 minutes more.

    It gently dries out the chicken meat a little so it's not so oily moist


    and gives more of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    an authentic b-b-q taste.

    That sounds pretty good. You should post that for the folks in
    alt.food.barbecue.

    You are E-V-I-L! LOL!

    Carol
    --

    Oh, God, Carol, I had to laugh, too! "Authentic BBQ?" Yeah, I'd like to
    see it posted to afb, let the flame wars begin!

    kili

  7. kilikini said:

    Oh, God, Carol, I had to laugh, too! "Authentic BBQ?" Yeah, I'd like to
    see it posted to afb, let the flame wars begin!

    kili

    The $64,000 question is, what would TFM® do?

    --
    Andy
    http://tinyurl.com/dzl7h

  8. "Andy" <q> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    kilikini said:

    Oh, God, Carol, I had to laugh, too! "Authentic BBQ?" Yeah, I'd like


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    see it posted to afb, let the flame wars begin!

    kili

    The $64,000 question is, what would TFM® do?

    That's easy, Andy. He'd call the poster a damn yankee and tell them how to
    "properly" do BBQ. He's not one to mince words. Still, although he appears
    harsh, he's just a big softie. :~)

    P.S. - Just don't tell anyone that secret!

    kili

  9. kilikini said:

    "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Steve Wertz said:

    On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 05:45:51 GMT, " jdc1" <" jdc1"@san.rr.com>
    wrote:


    <recipe for "authentic bbq chicken" snipped for brevity>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    That sounds pretty good. You should post that for the folks in
    alt.food.barbecue.

    You are E-V-I-L! LOL!

    Oh, God, Carol, I had to laugh, too! "Authentic BBQ?" Yeah, I'd like to
    see it posted to afb, let the flame wars begin!

    Kili, looking back at who posted the original message, I think it was
    a troll. Steve's response was priceless, and right on target!

    Carol
    --

    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos

  10. kilikini said:

    That's easy, Andy. He'd call the poster a damn yankee and tell them how to
    "properly" do BBQ. He's not one to mince words. Still, although he appears
    harsh, he's just a big softie. :~)

    Hey! I'm a damn yankee! He better be nice to me!

    Quoted message said:

    P.S. - Just don't tell anyone that secret!

    His secret is safe with me. Shhhhhh!

    Carol
    --

    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos

  11. Steve Wertz wrote:

    [oven-baked "BBQ" chicken]

    Quoted message said:

    That sounds pretty good. You should post that for the folks in
    alt.food.barbecue.

    Don't be mean.

    Brian

    --
    If televison's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who
    won't shut up.
    -- Dorothy Gambrell (http://catandgirl.com)

  12. Steve Wertz wrote:

    [oven-baked "BBQ" chicken]

    Quoted message said:

    That sounds pretty good. You should post that for the folks in
    alt.food.barbecue.

    Don't be mean.

    Brian

    --
    If televison's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who
    won't shut up.
    -- Dorothy Gambrell (http://catandgirl.com)

  13. Steve Wertz said:

    On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 05:45:51 GMT, " jdc1" <" jdc1"@san.rr.com>

    Quoted message said:

    This may be known. My oven b-b-q chicken came out un- bar-b-q like.
    I thought I'd try this:

    After wash and dry chicken, sprinkled favorite dry fixin's on it, thrown pieces into
    ziplock with your favorite B-B-Q sauce, lined a 7"x10" cooking pan with foil and Pam
    sprayed a couple of pie cooling racks to sit chicken pieces on, turned on oven to 350 and
    cooked for an hour.....

    Turn off oven, open oven door for 2 few minutes, close oven door and leave chicken there
    for 40-50 minutes more.

    It gently dries out the chicken meat a little so it's not so oily moist and gives more of
    an authentic b-b-q taste.

    That sounds pretty good. You should post that for the folks in
    alt.food.barbecue.

    -sw

    Oooohhhh, what an evil suggestion.

    gloria p

  14. In article
    <[email hidden]>,

    Puester said:
    Steve Wertz said:

    On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 05:45:51 GMT, " jdc1" <" jdc1"@san.rr.com>

    Quoted message said:

    This may be known. My oven b-b-q chicken came out un- bar-b-q like.
    I thought I'd try this:

    After wash and dry chicken, sprinkled favorite dry fixin's on it, thrown
    pieces into
    ziplock with your favorite B-B-Q sauce, lined a 7"x10" cooking pan with
    foil and Pam
    sprayed a couple of pie cooling racks to sit chicken pieces on, turned on
    oven to 350 and
    cooked for an hour.....

    Turn off oven, open oven door for 2 few minutes, close oven door and leave
    chicken there
    for 40-50 minutes more.

    It gently dries out the chicken meat a little so it's not so oily moist and
    gives more of
    an authentic b-b-q taste.

    That sounds pretty good. You should post that for the folks in
    alt.food.barbecue.

    -sw

    Oooohhhh, what an evil suggestion.

    gloria p

    <lol> Maybe I should post my microwave chicken BBQ recipe there. ;-)

    Wind them up good!

    I use Kraft regular when I do that, and _I_ like it!
    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  15. Steve Wertz said:

    On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 05:45:51 GMT, " jdc1" <" jdc1"@san.rr.com>

    Quoted message said:

    This may be known. My oven b-b-q chicken came out un- bar-b-q like.
    I thought I'd try this:

    After wash and dry chicken, sprinkled favorite dry fixin's on it, thrown pieces into
    ziplock with your favorite B-B-Q sauce, lined a 7"x10" cooking pan with foil and Pam
    sprayed a couple of pie cooling racks to sit chicken pieces on, turned on oven to 350 and
    cooked for an hour.....

    Turn off oven, open oven door for 2 few minutes, close oven door and leave chicken there
    for 40-50 minutes more.

    It gently dries out the chicken meat a little so it's not so oily moist and gives more of
    an authentic b-b-q taste.

    That sounds pretty good. You should post that for the folks in
    alt.food.barbecue.

    I can already see the shots he'd take. "Barbecue can't be done in the
    oven" would be one of the kinder replies.

    --
    -denny-
    "Do your thoughts call ahead or do they just arrive at your mouth unannounced?"

    "It's come as you are, baby."

    -over the hedge

  16. "Steve Wertz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 05:45:51 GMT, " jdc1" <" jdc1"@san.rr.com>

    Quoted message said:

    This may be known. My oven b-b-q chicken came out un- bar-b-q like.
    I thought I'd try this:

    After wash and dry chicken, sprinkled favorite dry fixin's on it, thrown
    pieces into
    ziplock with your favorite B-B-Q sauce, lined a 7"x10" cooking pan with foil
    and Pam
    sprayed a couple of pie cooling racks to sit chicken pieces on, turned on oven
    to 350 and
    cooked for an hour.....

    Turn off oven, open oven door for 2 few minutes, close oven door and leave
    chicken there
    for 40-50 minutes more.

    It gently dries out the chicken meat a little so it's not so oily moist and
    gives more of
    an authentic b-b-q taste.

    That sounds pretty good. You should post that for the folks in
    alt.food.barbecue.

    -sw

    Riggghhhhttttt,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

    Dimitri

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.