Wireless bike computer (for a BikeFriday SatRDay) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Simon G

What would you recommend for a wireless computer for a BikeFriday recumbent, above-seat steering? I
don't need anything overly fancy, like altimeter, heart-rate, cell-phone, espresso-maker,
MP3-player, etc... :)

Although cadence would be nice and useful, except that it seems to be hard to install on some
recumbent models... mine included.

Thanks, Simon

Simon,

The Bike Friday Yak list had a lengthy discussion of this a while back. In the past you used to be
able to query their Yak archives. I have not visited the site for a while and am not sure if that is
still true. Several folks mentioned that they had trouble getting the computer close enough to the
wheel to read the sensor output, and still be able to read the computer face from their seat.

Gary McCarty, Salt Lake City

Simon G <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> What would you recommend for a wireless computer for a BikeFriday recumbent, above-seat steering?
> I don't need anything overly fancy, like altimeter, heart-rate, cell-phone, espresso-maker,
> MP3-player, etc... :)

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> What would you recommend for a wireless computer for a BikeFriday recumbent, above-seat steering?
> I don't need anything overly fancy, like altimeter, heart-rate, cell-phone, espresso-maker,
>
> Although cadence would be nice and useful, except that it seems to be hard to install on some
> recumbent models... mine included.

The limitation on any wireless is the maximum distance between the transmitter and the receiver. If
you have to span more than 75cm you can forget using wireless.

--

Cletus D. Lee Bacchetta Giro Lightning Voyager http://www.clee.org
- Bellaire, TX USA -

Simon,

The Bike Friday Yak list had a lengthy discussion of this a while back. In the past you used to be
able to query their Yak archives. I have not visited the site for a while and am not sure if that is
still true. Several folks mentioned that they had trouble getting the computer close enough to the
wheel to read the sensor output, and still be able to read the computer face from their seat.

Gary McCarty, Salt Lake City

Simon G <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
>
> Although cadence would be nice and useful, except that it seems to be hard to install on some
> recumbent models... mine included.

The limitation on any wireless is the maximum distance between the transmitter and the receiver. If
you have to span more than 75cm you can forget using wireless.

--

Cletus D. Lee Bacchetta Giro Lightning Voyager http://www.clee.org
- Bellaire, TX USA -

Status
Not open for further replies.