Wireless bike computer (for a BikeFriday SatRDay) ?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Simon G, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Simon G

    Simon G Guest

    What would you recommend for a wireless computer for a BikeFriday recumbent, above-seat steering? I
    don't need anything overly fancy, like altimeter, heart-rate, cell-phone, espresso-maker,
    MP3-player, etc... :)

    Although cadence would be nice and useful, except that it seems to be hard to install on some
    recumbent models... mine included.

    Thanks, Simon

    Tags:

  2. Gary Mc

    Gary Mc Guest

    Simon,

    The Bike Friday Yak list had a lengthy discussion of this a while back. In the past you used to be
    able to query their Yak archives. I have not visited the site for a while and am not sure if that is
    still true. Several folks mentioned that they had trouble getting the computer close enough to the
    wheel to read the sensor output, and still be able to read the computer face from their seat.

    Gary McCarty, Salt Lake City

    Simon G <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > What would you recommend for a wireless computer for a BikeFriday recumbent, above-seat steering?
    > I don't need anything overly fancy, like altimeter, heart-rate, cell-phone, espresso-maker,
    > MP3-player, etc... :)

    > What would you recommend for a wireless computer for a BikeFriday recumbent, above-seat steering?
    > I don't need anything overly fancy, like altimeter, heart-rate, cell-phone, espresso-maker,
    > MP3-player, etc... :)
    >
    > Although cadence would be nice and useful, except that it seems to be hard to install on some
    > recumbent models... mine included.

    The limitation on any wireless is the maximum distance between the transmitter and the receiver. If
    you have to span more than 75cm you can forget using wireless.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  4. Gary Mc

    Gary Mc Guest

    Simon,

    The Bike Friday Yak list had a lengthy discussion of this a while back. In the past you used to be
    able to query their Yak archives. I have not visited the site for a while and am not sure if that is
    still true. Several folks mentioned that they had trouble getting the computer close enough to the
    wheel to read the sensor output, and still be able to read the computer face from their seat.

    Gary McCarty, Salt Lake City

    Simon G <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > What would you recommend for a wireless computer for a BikeFriday recumbent, above-seat steering?
    > I don't need anything overly fancy, like altimeter, heart-rate, cell-phone, espresso-maker,
    > MP3-player, etc... :)

  5. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...