Wirless cycle computers and PC realtime interfaces?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tomw, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Tomw

    Tomw Guest

    Has anyone seen a PC iterface to read wireless data from a cycle computer to a PC in realtime? It
    would be great for writting training software, recordering and displaying stats on PDA mounted on
    the Handle bars,etc

    If you've seen anything like this please let me know. thanks -tom

    Tags:

  2. Rex Vincere

    Rex Vincere Guest

    What about a bluetooth GPS receiver?

    gpspassion.com is going to have a 16 unit shootout by the end of this month. I am waiting to read
    that article before buying one myself.

    You could then even use your BT enabled phone (assuming proper software is available) as a display,
    having one less thing to carry.

    Then there is these oft talked GPS enabled phones coming, but that is a whole different story.

    Rex

    "tomw" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Has anyone seen a PC iterface to read wireless data from a cycle computer to a PC in realtime? It
    > would be great for writting training software, recordering and displaying stats on PDA mounted on
    > the Handle bars,etc
    >
    > If you've seen anything like this please let me know. thanks -tom

  3. Haven't seen one sold on its own, but some Polar heart monitors have
    computer interfaces (infrared) and database systems. You could explore:

    http://www.polarusa.com

    or for example http://www.polarusa.com/consumer/cycling/model/S720.asp

    Cheers,

    EFR Ile de France