Wirless cycle computers and PC realtime interfaces?

Tomw

Guest
Has anyone seen a PC iterface to read wireless data from a cycle computer to a PC in realtime? It
would be great for writting training software, recordering and displaying stats on PDA mounted on
the Handle bars,etc

If you've seen anything like this please let me know. thanks -tom

What about a bluetooth GPS receiver?

gpspassion.com is going to have a 16 unit shootout by the end of this month. I am waiting to read
that article before buying one myself.

You could then even use your BT enabled phone (assuming proper software is available) as a display,
having one less thing to carry.

Then there is these oft talked GPS enabled phones coming, but that is a whole different story.

Rex

"tomw" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Has anyone seen a PC iterface to read wireless data from a cycle computer to a PC in realtime? It
> would be great for writting training software, recordering and displaying stats on PDA mounted on
> the Handle bars,etc
>
> If you've seen anything like this please let me know. thanks -tom

Haven't seen one sold on its own, but some Polar heart monitors have
computer interfaces (infrared) and database systems. You could explore:

http://www.polarusa.com

or for example http://www.polarusa.com/consumer/cycling/model/S720.asp

Cheers,

EFR Ile de France