Women's Cycling · Public discussion

Women's Clothing

Started by wyntery · · Last activity · 7 posts · 5,782 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Women's Cycling
Published
2 December 2004
Last activity
19 December 2004
Original author
wyntery
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
5,782
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've been riding about 220km per week for the last couple of years, so have spent my fair share of time in bike shops buying bits and pieces and having my bike repaired. What I've noticed is the total lack of decent cycling clothing for women. All the LBS's seem to offer are the usual boring black knicks and jerseys in boring colours and patterns. Does anyone know of a shop in Melbourne (or online with local delivery) that offers a decent range of clothing i.e. sleeveless, V-Neck, decent designs etc. something along the lines of what Nike and Puma do for runners. Any help is appreciated, because I'm getting so frustrated that I've considered making my own jerseys!

  2. wyntery said:

    I've been riding about 220km per week for the last couple of years, so have spent my fair share of time in bike shops buying bits and pieces and having my bike repaired. What I've noticed is the total lack of decent cycling clothing for women. All the LBS's seem to offer are the usual boring black knicks and jerseys in boring colours and patterns. Does anyone know of a shop in Melbourne (or online with local delivery) that offers a decent range of clothing i.e. sleeveless, V-Neck, decent designs etc. something along the lines of what Nike and Puma do for runners. Any help is appreciated, because I'm getting so frustrated that I've considered making my own jerseys!

    any of the online bike retailers have lots of women's designs. Personally, I go for the best deal...

    try places like
    performancebike.com
    bikenashbar.com
    teamestrogen.com
    terrybicycles.com

    hope that gets you started!

  3. I too find buying women's clothing in Australia a challenging task and the majority of it is foul flowery [censored]. I would not recommend buying stuff online either as it is often very pricey.

    I would recommend asking bike stores for various catalogues and get them to order it in for you. The 2005 Cannibal gear is quite nice and priced decently as most of it is made in Australia.

  4. Go online for nice jerseys. If you search the net you can find nice Primal Wear and other brands of jerseys for reasonable prices - say around AUD$100 (often including postage in that price). That's pretty good considering cannibal jerseys are normal about $90 and there's not much cheaper than that that is actually any good. Knicks - keep looking in Australian shops unless you've got a favourite brand and can find it online cheaper.

    MtnBikerChick recommended teamestrogen.com and it's a great site, but if you do a google search for the things you find there, you can often get them for cheaper on other sites.

  5. I don't know about availability in Australia but see if you can find Shebeest clothing. They use lots of bright colors. Terry also does some fun stuff.

  6. I've had the best luck with Pearl Izumi shorts and Shebeest jerseys. I've purchased my jerseys from Team Estrogen, from REI, and from my local bike shops.

  7. If you like Pearl Izumi stuff contact me and I'll give 20% off the retail price! Just check out the PI site and email me with the item numbers color/size/quantity you want and I'll get you a quote. (or you can just figure 20% off of the price on the PI website!) [email hidden] I operate out of my garage/house...so yeah I am a small operator! I am an avid cyclist and F/T Police Officer (hey were all need day jobs or 3-11p jobs) lol Thanks!

    oh...almost forgot free shipping for orders over $100.00 I also sell Bell & Giro Helmets! Offering '05 Helmets for 15% off!

    Pedal On,

    Bob Light

    [email hidden]

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.