Women's CAT-4 field size went over 60 cyclist

Rupunzel_b

Guest
Snelling was the first time in NCNCA history that the field for CAT4 women was bigger than for CAT4.

Rupunzel

"Rupunzel_B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Snelling was the first time in NCNCA history that the field for CAT4 women was bigger than
> for CAT4.
>
> Rupunzel

But which field had more mishaps? Congrats on the turnout.

Greg "Weekend Survivor" Hall

Where's the race results posted. Truesport says they weren't provided any results, at least not
yet anyway.

Bruce
----------------
"Rupunzel_B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Snelling was the first time in NCNCA history that the field for CAT4 women was bigger than
> for CAT4.
>
> Rupunzel

Truesport posted 2003 Snelling results. Not relative to anything, I just noticed previously a while
back that they had 2002 Snelling results, so I went back there, but thanks for the pointer.

Bruce
------------------
"Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:240220031022066878%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Bruce Johnston <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Where's the race results posted. Truesport says they weren't provided
any
> > results, at least not yet anyway.
> >
> > Bruce
>
> Since the race in question is a Nor Cal event the resultls can be found at the NCNCA website,
> specifically at http://www.ncnca.org/road/2003/SnellingResults.html
>
> Casey

"Rupunzel_B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Snelling was the first time in NCNCA history that the field for CAT4 women was bigger than
> for CAT4.
>
> Rupunzel

Did they just ignore the field limit of 50 for cat 4 women (1G5)? This was a USCF permitted race
wasn't it? 65 riders is not just a tad over. What I don't get is they split the cat 5s and Masters
35+ 4/5s, apparently for field limit reasons, yet don't do same for women 4s. They actually could
have left Masters 4/5 as one field and been legal within 1G5, as a mixed field can be based on the
more experienced cat.

Bill

"Rupunzel_B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Snelling was the first time in NCNCA history that the field for CAT4 women was bigger than
> for CAT4.
>
> Rupunzel

This bodes well for the future of women's racing. Last year, I was a sport mtn biker, and I'd line
up at races with sometimes only 2 competitors. It was depressing! I've switched to road and look at
the field sizes now. I feel like when I place, it actually means something, now! It will be
interesting to see how many of these women actually stick with it and move up through the
categories. Right now women's fours fields are huge compared to 123. I myself am super excited to
move up through the ranks at this time when there is so much competition...upgrading also means a
lot more with these field sizes -- you really have to work hard especially with the new USCF upgrade
requirements.
- S