Women's CAT-4 field size went over 60 cyclist

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Rupunzel_b, Feb 23, 2003.

  1. Rupunzel_b

    Rupunzel_b Guest

    Snelling was the first time in NCNCA history that the field for CAT4 women was bigger than for CAT4.

    Rupunzel

    Tags:

  2. Greg Hall

    Greg Hall Guest

    "Rupunzel_B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Snelling was the first time in NCNCA history that the field for CAT4 women was bigger than
    > for CAT4.
    >
    > Rupunzel

    But which field had more mishaps? Congrats on the turnout.

    Greg "Weekend Survivor" Hall

  3. Where's the race results posted. Truesport says they weren't provided any results, at least not
    yet anyway.

    Bruce
    ----------------
    "Rupunzel_B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Snelling was the first time in NCNCA history that the field for CAT4 women was bigger than
    > for CAT4.
    >
    > Rupunzel

  4. Truesport posted 2003 Snelling results. Not relative to anything, I just noticed previously a while
    back that they had 2002 Snelling results, so I went back there, but thanks for the pointer.

    Bruce
    ------------------
    "Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:240220031022066878%[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, Bruce Johnston <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Where's the race results posted. Truesport says they weren't provided
    any
    > > results, at least not yet anyway.
    > >
    > > Bruce
    >
    > Since the race in question is a Nor Cal event the resultls can be found at the NCNCA website,
    > specifically at http://www.ncnca.org/road/2003/SnellingResults.html
    >
    > Casey

  5. No Pro

    No Pro Guest

    "Rupunzel_B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Snelling was the first time in NCNCA history that the field for CAT4 women was bigger than
    > for CAT4.
    >
    > Rupunzel

    Did they just ignore the field limit of 50 for cat 4 women (1G5)? This was a USCF permitted race
    wasn't it? 65 riders is not just a tad over. What I don't get is they split the cat 5s and Masters
    35+ 4/5s, apparently for field limit reasons, yet don't do same for women 4s. They actually could
    have left Masters 4/5 as one field and been legal within 1G5, as a mixed field can be based on the
    more experienced cat.

    Bill

  6. Svelo

    Svelo Guest

    "Rupunzel_B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Snelling was the first time in NCNCA history that the field for CAT4 women was bigger than
    > for CAT4.
    >
    > Rupunzel

    This bodes well for the future of women's racing. Last year, I was a sport mtn biker, and I'd line
    up at races with sometimes only 2 competitors. It was depressing! I've switched to road and look at
    the field sizes now. I feel like when I place, it actually means something, now! It will be
    interesting to see how many of these women actually stick with it and move up through the
    categories. Right now women's fours fields are huge compared to 123. I myself am super excited to
    move up through the ranks at this time when there is so much competition...upgrading also means a
    lot more with these field sizes -- you really have to work hard especially with the new USCF upgrade
    requirements.
    - S