Women's Road Race Results - World Championships

Powerful Pete

May 29, 2004
Well, although this is not really in the spirit of this forum, I would like to draw everyone's attention to the fact that some road racing is actually taking place in Stuttgart this weekend. ;)

And that Marta Bastianelli (a Rome girl!) is the new Elite World Champion, beating Marianne Vos (one of the favored to win ladies) and Giorgia Bronzini on the podium.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Powerful Pete said:
Well, although this is not really in the spirit of this forum, I would like to draw everyone's attention to the fact that some road racing is actually taking place in Stuttgart this weekend. ;)

And that Marta Bastianelli (a Rome girl!) is the new Elite World Champion, beating Marianne Vos (one of the favored to win ladies) and Giorgia Bronzini on the podium.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
I caught the last lap of the U23 race. Didn't look like such a hard course like everyone was saying. It looked like a lot of false-flat, easy-grade power climbing. Didn't look like there were any good places for climbers to get away like I was expecting. Fifty-man bunch sprint in the U23 race and that was with guys attacking the whole final lap trying to get away.

Indeed. Responding in line with the thread title appears to be a challenging issue for some. In any event, I think the lady's race results are wonderful (although as an Italian, I am a bit biased). :D