rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Yes I got my new uni!

Started by uni.rider.13 · · Last activity · 18 posts · 397 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
21 November 2006
Last activity
22 November 2006
Original author
uni.rider.13
Posts
18
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
397
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–18 of 18
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I got my new kh 20" today it is so awesome. It is quite an upgrade from
    a 24" lx with a bent wheel that won't go through the frame anymore.
    The tire is so bouncy and it is soo light. I didn't get to ride a ton
    today becuase I had dinner and family over for my birthday. But when I
    get more time to ride it I will post the good and bad(if any) that I
    find about.

    --
    uni.rider.13

    Some people call me nuts for riding, other people call me no
    nuts.😕
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    uni.rider.13's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13011
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55064

  2. yay !

    --
    iridemymuni

    munipsycho said:

    Just a bit of advice: never vomit while wearing a full-face helmet.

    irvinegr said:

    haha i just thaught it was funny the title is "3th movie"

    pixystix6 said:

    oo give him and intising lap dance while he rubs pasteries all over you

    kapoute said:

    It just depend if you are gay or not...

    'Bike Coalition!!' (www.bikecoalition.com)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55064

  3. I agree.

    --
    uni.rider.13

    Some people call me nuts for riding, other people call me no
    nuts.😕
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    uni.rider.13's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13011
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55064

  4. Damn rich kids and thier KH and I have my ugly fat heavy
    torker🙄 Anyways congrats on that. Is it the 07

    --
    bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe

    dudewithasock said:

    Yeah, and they have more estrogen than me, too. Now *that* takes guts.

    iridemymuni said:


    hey evan i've got the same blue nipples as you !!!!!

    tobbogonist said:


    this may be off topic, but my trouser snake is called:
    Conan: The Barbarian


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12978
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55064

  5. bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe said:

    Damn rich kids and thier KH and I have my ugly fat heavy
    torker🙄 Anyways congrats on that. Is it the 07

    It's good to have a dx though. It makes you very strong.I learned
    trials on my 24" dx and it was heavy as hell.. I just got my kh 20 a
    few days ago and it's like insane how much higher I can hop just
    because of how light it is. Being used to your dx will make getting a
    kh20 (which youll most likely eventually get) even better. You'll do
    better on a kh after being used to a dx rather than starting out with
    just a kh..

    The dx is still a very good uni anyway..

    --
    Monocyclist
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Monocyclist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13114
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55064

  6. True^^ but my next uni is an all out street rig!🙄

    --
    bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe

    dudewithasock said:

    Yeah, and they have more estrogen than me, too. Now *that* takes guts.

    iridemymuni said:


    hey evan i've got the same blue nipples as you !!!!!

    tobbogonist said:


    this may be off topic, but my trouser snake is called:
    Conan: The Barbarian


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12978
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55064

  7. Its funny how the DX is only 2 pounds heavier than an KH and people call
    that heavy. =p

    Congrats on your new uni! Pictures?

    --
    Jerrick

    ~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
    more!~*~
    '!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
    '!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
    'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
    My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/) KH Funds =
    Just Need $63.28
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jerrick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11632
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55064

  8. A 20" is A LOT different from a 24". You can feel the weight
    distinctly..

    Yea pics! pics!

    --
    fluxusmaximus
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    fluxusmaximus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12582
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55064

  9. Jerrick said:

    Its funny how the DX is only 2 pounds heavier than an KH and people call
    that heavy. =p

    Congrats on your new uni! Pictures?

    thats true, but you can really feel the difference in a small change of
    weight.

    --
    tomtrevor

    'A GALLERY!!'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_itemId=196944)
    'KEEPIN' IT WHEEL' (www.mediahug.com/bikes)

    Quoted message said:

    <>THE UNICYCLE BIBLE<><


    I hate going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're
    next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at
    funerals.
    'g' (http://www.google.com.au/)'o' (http://www.google.com.br/)'o'
    (http://www.google.co.uk/)'g' (http://www.google.com.ni/)'l'
    (http://www.google.to/)'i' (http://www.google.ch/)'n'
    (http://www.google.com.mt/)'g' (http://www.google.com.na/)'s'
    (http://www.google.rw/)'!'
    (http://www.google.com.do/)'t'
    (http://mediahug.com/bikes/?page_id=26)'o'
    (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliced_bread)'m'
    (http://www.funnyjunk.com/)''s'
    (http://www.freelineskates.com/) 'R'
    (http://www.tlb.org/Park-all.lowbw.mpg)'a'
    (http://www.burntfaceman.com/)n'd'
    (http://tinyurl.com/c1as)'o'
    (http://www.cheese.com)'m'
    (http://www.coverpop.com/whitney/index.php?var=v0)
    'L'
    (http://www.mediahug.com/bikes/)'i'
    (http://www.virtualgravy.com/)'n'
    (http://www.mediahug.com/almax/)'k'
    (http://www.cheaphumor.com/)'a'
    (http://www.bakedbeans.com)'g'
    (http://www.joecartoon.com/)e's'
    (http://www.break.com/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tomtrevor's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12118
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55064

  10. You can, but that difference really doesnt make you any better, just
    makes it feel better.

    And when you feel better about the uni and what your riding, then you
    will do better. So in a way, a lighter uni will make you better, but
    its a mental thing. =p

    --
    Jerrick

    ~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
    more!~*~
    '!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
    '!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
    'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
    My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/) KH Funds =
    Just Need $63.28
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jerrick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11632
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55064

  11. i think the tyre bounce is the most noticable thing.

    going from a 2.6 on my 24 to a 2.5 on my 19 i feel like im on a
    trampoline now

    --
    iridemymuni

    munipsycho said:

    Just a bit of advice: never vomit while wearing a full-face helmet.

    irvinegr said:

    haha i just thaught it was funny the title is "3th movie"

    pixystix6 said:

    oo give him and intising lap dance while he rubs pasteries all over you

    kapoute said:

    It just depend if you are gay or not...

    'Bike Coalition!!' (www.bikecoalition.com)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55064

  12. iridemymuni said:

    i think the tyre bounce is the most noticable thing.

    going from a 2.6 on my 24 to a 2.5 on my 19 i feel like im on a
    trampoline now

    Thats how I felt when I went from my 1.95 tire to the 2.5 tire. 😄

    After I let the air out and found my spot. lol

    --
    Jerrick

    ~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
    more!~*~
    '!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
    '!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
    'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
    My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/) KH Funds =
    Just Need $63.28
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jerrick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11632
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55064

  13. Thanks for all the comments. After a day of riding after school I have
    learned a lot more about my new uni. I can jump higher on it, and do
    bigger drops (duh). It is weird how the tire absorbs so much when you
    are doing a big drop (thats like 5' for me). But just like everyone
    who has ever had the new kh has said, the seat is not very
    comfortable. I went from an airseat on my lx to this fusion street.
    So I was wondering if there was a way to switch over my seat somehow
    since the lx is unrideable now? If anyone knows how please tell me.
    And about the pictures. You can go to krisholm.com and see them
    there😉 . But I will post some today of my on it also.
    Oh yeah I almost forgot. The unicycle looks so cool. Even my dad who
    barely has any appreciation for unicycling because he doesn't, thinks
    it look awesome!

    --
    uni.rider.13

    Some people call me nuts for riding, other people call me no
    nuts.😕
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    uni.rider.13's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13011
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55064

  14. Whatever you do dnt by a qu-ax if u wish to jump any higher than a
    curb😄

    --
    pkplonker

    Uni = Advance shin slasher tool, yours for only £150-"£500 depending on
    style, delivered to your door usually next day!

    Get yours today from http://unicycle.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    pkplonker's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13484
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55064

  15. uni.rider.13 said:

    Thanks for all the comments. After a day of riding after school I have
    learned a lot more about my new uni. I can jump higher on it, and do
    bigger drops (duh). It is weird how the tire absorbs so much when you
    are doing a big drop (thats like 5' for me). But just like everyone
    who has ever had the new kh has said, the seat is not very
    comfortable. I went from an airseat on my lx to this fusion street.
    So I was wondering if there was a way to switch over my seat somehow
    since the lx is unrideable now? If anyone knows how please tell me.
    And about the pictures. You can go to krisholm.com and see them
    there😉 . But I will post some today of my on it also.
    Oh yeah I almost forgot. The unicycle looks so cool. Even my dad who
    barely has any appreciation for unicycling because he doesn't, thinks
    it look awesome!

    well, if the seat clamp is a butterfly type then you will need an
    adapter
    but if its a normal type clamp (4 slots on a rectangle) then it is
    completely compltible.

    --
    skrobo

    Quoted message said:

    <> Unicycle For Christ <><

    ____________________________________________
    -last edited by \"your mom\" at 8:35 pm -
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55064

  16. I find the fusion street saddle very comfortable..in fact, more
    comfortable than the fusion freeride. I wear bicycle shorts every
    single ride though, and I couldn't ride without them. They help a lot.

    --
    Monocyclist
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Monocyclist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13114
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55064

  17. uni.rider.13 said:

    But just like everyone who has ever had the new kh has said, the seat
    is not very comfortable. I went from an airseat on my lx to this
    fusion street. So I was wondering if there was a way to switch over my
    seat somehow since the lx is unrideable now?

    I have a nimbus gel which is very similar to the KH street. It's
    pretty comfy, but not as much as my KH air.

    You could dismantle the street seet, drill a hole in the back, and
    transfer all the parts except for the base from your LX air. To do a
    streight transfer you'd need a LX 'rail adapter'
    (http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=253) and a bike type
    'seat post' (http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=829) for a
    total of $90. I don't think it'd be worth it.

    --
    skilewis74
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    skilewis74's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12404
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55064

  18. uhh
    push your seat all the way forward... that helps a LOT
    and if thats not comfy enough for you, put the washers under the front
    ... between the seat and seatpost ... or don't sit on your jewels
    put them in front of you!

    --
    skrobo

    Quoted message said:

    <> Unicycle For Christ <><

    ____________________________________________
    -last edited by \"your mom\" at 8:35 pm -
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/55064

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.