Yippee my Bike's been fixed.

Deroyo I haven't noticed the problem with mine.....yet, What I don't like is that the grip are really slippery when wet so I've have a new set ready but haven't gotten around to changing them yet. Just a thought what do you use to stick grips on with ?

I use Tipp-ex Correction fluid I just paint some on the bars first and quickly put the grips... crude but it works very well.

When I bought the bike I didn't realise that the grips glowed in the dark, so you can imagine my surprise when I to fetch it out of the shed one dark morning :eek:

Up to now I have changed three sets of grips and so far I have not used anything.I have been using an air compressor to ease the job of putting them on.

I know what you mean about the "Glow in the dark bit",nobody had told me that also,I store my bike in the basement,so one night after a ride I put the bike away and turned the lights off,TO MY SUPRISE I SAW MY BIKE,THIS GLOW IN THE CORNER> :eek: :eek: :eek:...

That's about the only good thing about them,skinny,thinn,
they are gone!!!
No the bike itself is better,I can only talk about my Blast(I don't know if the 2001 glows like my 2000)
All around the letters like KONA, BLAST, and all the decal there is a thin line of glow in the dark paint...
So you can imagine the suprise,when you don't know about it,you turn the lights off and the whole basement is glowing :eek: :eek: :eek: ...
Now it's like wow ::)big deal... ;D

Deroyo , I've just been to check out my Blast , and I'm sad to say that the only thing that glow are the grips :'(.

just out of interest was your bike packaged with Tioga Tyres, Mine was and because they have never let me down I've never tried anything else on it.

Hey Lazarus,that's too bad that your bike is not glowing :(
the 2000 had Velraptors as tires andafter two rides I changed them ,I did not like the way the mud just clumped and stayed on them,so I got myself some Panaracers(Fire XC Pro/back and Panaracer Smoke/front)
I'm very happy with those and I think I will get another Fire XC and rotate the rear for front and the new one for the rear...Hmmmmm,yeah ,that's it. ???
Can't wait 'til winter is over,I wanna ride!!! :'(

I use hair spray to get my grips on.

gripshit sucks - qwikfire is tha ****

roKeMS

Rokems, I friend of mine recommended Hair spray to put grips on, but since hair care products and me parted company a few years ago, I didn't try it. ;D

I've always used paraffin to put on grips. Soak grips then they slide on real easy. Next day the only way to get them off again is to cut them off. ;D Yeah, I know paraffin is not supposed to be good for rubber etc but it's never caused me a problem. Anyway if you're desperate........! :p