Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Your Favorite MTB

Started by Al Kubeluis · · Last activity · 21 posts · 895 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
20 January 2005
Last activity
24 January 2005
Original author
Al Kubeluis
Posts
21
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
895
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–21 of 21
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Al Kubeluis said:

    MTBers,

    What are your favorite types of mtbs (suspension, etc.) and favorite
    mtbs for various terrains and purposes (as racing, cruising)?

    Al

    The favorite of the rigs is my Jamas Comp XL. Its free ride through and
    through. Originally, the components were chosen for strength despite
    weight excess. So it is a bit heavier than a true XC rig would be. As
    long as its strong enough to take my 250+ lbs. of abuse (which it is)
    and run smooth I am happy.

    I have a Fox shock in the rear with a 4-bar linkage so the climbs are
    not as brutal as other dual suspension rigs I have owned. At times I
    don't mind grinding out climbs but bobbing is no ones friend. I like it
    a lot. However, I would like to this spring try and take some weight
    off by upgrading to some higher grade components. But all in all, many
    would be happy with this rig just the way it is.

    Peace

    --
    David R Marlborough
    DJ Mackelicious
    http://walkingwounded.blogspot.com/

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.