rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Yuni frame with 3" tire

Started by TylerHeartless · · Last activity · 13 posts · 621 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
12 May 2005
Last activity
13 May 2005
Original author
TylerHeartless
Posts
13
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
621
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–13 of 13
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I was wondering if I would have to use a 28" frame if I wanted to use a
    26" wheel with a 3" tire.

    --
    TylerHeartless - Unicycling No0bie

    C'est pour l'armure et l'echarpe que je ne porterai jamais.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TylerHeartless's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9797
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40312

  2. TylerHeartless said:

    *I was wondering if I would have to use a 28" frame if I wanted to use
    a 26" wheel with a 3" tire. *

    no a 26" frame would do but it would be to naroow and using a 28"
    wouldnt fix the narrowness you would need a wider frame

    --
    drewation - team YAMS member

    'SUNIC home page' (http://www.sunic.s5.com)
    'SUNIC gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/sunic)

    drewation said:

    *Beware of the tyler 🙁*

    disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if you
    are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i don't
    feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not
    everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
    criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    drewation's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8274
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40312

  3. well unicycle.com sells yuni framed cycles with 3" tires so I don't
    think it's to narrow. The reason I asked was because on the 24" cycle
    they sell says they used a 26" frame for clearance of the tire. So it
    just made me think.

    --
    TylerHeartless - Unicycling No0bie

    C'est pour l'armure et l'echarpe que je ne porterai jamais.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TylerHeartless's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9797
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40312

  4. it would need to be a frame made for a 26x3 wheel, which if I'm not
    mistaken will actually fit a normal width 28 inch wheel. but a normal
    26" frame obviously won't fit a 26x3 wheel, and a normal 28" frame won't
    fit a 26x3 wheel.
    I think that's right, I could be wrong somewhere....

    --
    James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James_Potter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3807
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40312

  5. Aren't all the Yuni frames the same?

    --
    TylerHeartless - Unicycling No0bie

    C'est pour l'armure et l'echarpe que je ne porterai jamais.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TylerHeartless's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9797
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40312

  6. well I just looked again at the frames online and here is what it says
    "The 20-inch easily fits a Monty 20 x 2.5-inch tire; the 24/26/28-inch
    accepts the fat 3.0-inch downhill knobby tires. If you're planning to
    use the Nokian Gazzaloddi 24 x 3.0 tire, order the Yuni 26-inch frame."
    so maybe it's only for the 24 x 3.0 tire that you need the bigger frame
    but I'm still not sure.

    --
    TylerHeartless - Unicycling No0bie

    C'est pour l'armure et l'echarpe que je ne porterai jamais.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TylerHeartless's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9797
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40312

  7. just email UDC and ask them

    --
    ColDawG - Level 4 after 2 months

    Looking for MUni buddies!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40312

  8. I have two different 26x3.0 gazz tires, one on a 2003 Yuni 26 and one on
    a 2005 Yuni 28; they both fit, though the 26" frame has very little
    clearance.

    --
    tholub - Kinetic Sculptor
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tholub's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/804
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40312

  9. Thanks tholub 😄

    --
    TylerHeartless - Unicycling No0bie

    C'est pour l'armure et l'echarpe que je ne porterai jamais.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TylerHeartless's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9797
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40312

  10. I use Nimbus frames which I believe are the UK equivalent of yuni.

    Each frame size comes in two froms- rounded top and flat (square) top,
    and this is a factor when it comes to fitting in tires.

    For example, my 28" round frame would take a 29-er tyre- but only just;
    whereas a square top 28" fits it really well with plenty of clearance-
    it also accepts the 29"'big apple' tyre, which the round top one
    doesn't.

    My advice is to get the 29-er frame; I've got this and it takes all 29"
    tyres and also my 26 x 3 Gazzalodi.

    --
    onewheeldave - Semi Skilled Unicyclist

    "You can't outrun Death forever.
    But you can make the [censored] work for it."

    --MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
    "Last of The Lancers"
    AFC 32
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    onewheeldave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/874
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40312

  11. I have put a Gazz 24x3 on a 24" yuni frame, it fits but there is not a
    lot of room for mud clearance.

    --
    KcTheAcy - Ohh Baby

    ¤-Kaycee
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Kaycees-Unicycle-gallery

    http://www.maineunicyclist.2ya.com/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40312

  12. I had a 26x3 gazz on my 26" yuni frame, and it fit, but the clearance
    was really tight. Also, one leg of my frame was slightly longer than the
    other, so to stop the tire from scraping the side I had to put in a shim
    to even out the length. It does work though.

    --
    mazem - Department of Redundancy Dept.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mazem's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6620
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40312

  13. TylerHeartless said:

    *well I just looked again at the frames online and here is what it
    says "The 20-inch easily fits a Monty 20 x 2.5-inch tire; the
    24/26/28-inch accepts the fat 3.0-inch downhill knobby tires. If
    you're planning to use the Nokian Gazzaloddi 24 x 3.0 tire, order the
    Yuni 26-inch frame." so maybe it's only for the 24 x 3.0 tire that you
    need the bigger frame but I'm still not sure. *

    I am running an Arrow Racing 24x3.0 Prime Wide in my Yuni 24" frame and
    there's no problem with clearance... I believe the Gazz is a special
    case of a 24x3.0 tire.

    http://www.arrowracing.com/tires/wide_bite.html

    --
    maestro8 - Mad Scientists for World Domination

    Those are my principles. If you don't like those, I have others. --
    Groucho Marx
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    maestro8's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7871
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40312

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.