jersey size

jasonball

May 11, 2010
so I found an awsome jersey on clearance. I just trying to figure out the right size.

I'm 6'3. 225-230. little bit of a gut. all my t-shirts are L - XL.

the jersey is an XL. do you think it would be a decent fit?

jasonball said:
so I found an awsome jersey on clearance. I just trying to figure out the right size.

I'm 5'11" and weigh about 240 pounds. I find that I mostly wear XX Large jerseys...I don't like them to fit like a second skin usually. There is a lot of variance however. I was at the St. Louis downtown finish of the Tour of Missouri last year and wanted to buy a ToM jersey made by Hincapie Sportswear. I tried on a *** Large and could not get it to fit over my torso. It was the largest they had. Sort of ****** me off. I guess "Big" George isn't as big as we are. My regular T-shirts are usually XL. Hope this helps.
YMMV.

Different manufacturers have different specs.It is very difficult to know unless you have ordered from them before. The European companies seem to run smaller imo.
I like my jerseys to fit snug. Sorry I can't be more specific but there are so many variables with these companies that make athletic wear.

jhuskey said:
Different manufacturers have different specs.It is very difficult to know unless you have ordered from them before. The European companies seem to run smaller imo.
I like my jerseys to fit snug. Sorry I can't be more specific but there are so many variables with these companies that make athletic wear.

I go about 5'9" and 225 lbs; all my jerseys are XL, 3 of them fit perfectly, one is just a little bit snug, and the Italian one is fits like a L or M.

If you're buying a US jersey, XL is probably OK. European, go up at least a size.

thanks. so I went ahead and purchased it. total came to 49 bucks. I'm assuming it is a US jersey. it is a collegiate jersey.

I would say that Euro-sizing of jerseys is more like +2 sizes.

I normally wear a 48 XL suit (6'4", 240 lbs).

In "US sizing", I am OK with some XL's, but tend to prefer the looser fit of an XXL.

I bought a Nalini jersey once that was a 3XL, and it was only marginally large enough - Nalini actually makes a 4XL, which would have been a better fit, but not everyone stocks them. (I knew it was going to be a bit tight-fitting, based on Nalini's sizing chart.)

I have a couple of jerseys made by Canari (little crown logo), which SOUNDS like an Italian company. But perhaps not, as their sizing seems to be US sizing, so I can buy their products in my "usual" sizes.

jasonball said:

The fits of jerseys will drive you crazy if you are a healthy fella. In my experience, the euro companies tend to run small, with more of a "team" fit. LL Bean and Mt Borah have some jerseys that fit as advertised. In trying both, the Mt. Borahs have worked real well. Everyone is different of course.

Big and Tall Cycling Jerseys Big Man bicycle shirt Large sized biking clothes

And to add a further complication many companies offer both relaxed and pro fit styles of jerseys. I like a snug pro fit so when my weekend riding team decided to get relaxed fit (it is a casual group) I had to get a small whereas I normally like a medium. But I can feel comfy enough in a pro fit large as well.

All you can do is try it on and hope it fits the way you like it.

I am 6'7" and wear XXL-XT (!) shirts from CycleTall. The Nashbar eco shirt also has a tall size with some "breathing" room but it's not as well-fitting (but is a little more attractive).

Normally, im an XL-tall when it comes to clothes from The Gap, etc., so basically, I go one size bigger and one size longer with cycling wear.