Riding In A Skirt

This made me smile. I always wanted to ride in my skirt or a dress, but I live in a place that tends to put labels on people who do that. Unfortunately, people here tend to judge a lot and if I would to ride a bike in my skirt, they would think i was crazy. Plus I would be followed with a lot of snurking and laughing behind my back..Not that I care too much what people would say about me, but it is never comfortable to hear or see such things...
I wish I lived in a more liberal, open-minded and understanding place. Or else, just alone in the wild, so that I can ride my bike maybe without any clothes. :D

Reactions: briannagodess
Cycling in short skirts is sort of like walking in high heels. To those who are not used to it, it’s scary, a little strange and considered unnecessary. To those who do it every day, it’s nothing.

That can definitely be more comfortable than tight biking shorts. Especially in the cool breeze of summertime. Love just thinking about it!

This made me smile. I always wanted to ride in my skirt or a dress, but I live in a place that tends to put labels on people who do that. Unfortunately, people here tend to judge a lot and if I would to ride a bike in my skirt, they would think i was crazy. Plus I would be followed with a lot of snurking and laughing behind my back..Not that I care too much what people would say about me, but it is never comfortable to hear or see such things...
I wish I lived in a more liberal, open-minded and understanding place. Or else, just alone in the wild, so that I can ride my bike maybe without any clothes. :D

Good thing it's just laughing in your place, here in mine, you could be harassed or given dirty looks by maniacs. I mean, even just walking in shorts or skirts can get you some side comments or whistles from guys. I long for the day when these skits aren't done anymore.

Well, I don't have any problems riding in a skirt. it just needs to be comfortable and of right length. So, I'm usually okay if I'm just having a ride in the park or around the city.

cyclist%20on%20bike.jpg

Reactions: applique
If you think you are more comfortable in skirts then go ahead why not? there will always be a bunch of people who are always there to judge you but you don't have to give a damn to them. Besides I have seen a lot of woman cycling in skirts.

I wear a skirt or whatever I am comfortable wearing when I bike. If it is a full skirt, I wrap it up some and sit on it. I prefer longer skirts, so my undergarments showing has not been a problem. If I were worried I would wear shorts under the skirt. My daughters wear skirts or dresses often. Especially the younger ones. I have always encouraged them to wear what is they feel good in.

My preference is to ride when it is warm so I can wear shorts and be barefoot! But if I am going somewhere I need to wear a skirt, I will wear one.

I love riding in a skirt, it just makes everything more comfortable and isn't as confining as shorts or pants can be. Just mind the length, not too long or too short, and there's absolutely no problems.

This is an old thread that I picked again because yesterday as I was on my home (in a car), I noticed this lady rider wearing a short skirt with sando tops that looked like, oh well, maybe let's say she's a show off... of her body. Obviously all ther drivers were looking at her that's why when the light turned green, it took some seconds before the vehicles moved. And when I saw her face, I realized she is a sexy actress. Truly that skirt of hers was eye-catching.

Yeah, with a short skirt, I would need to have cycling shorts to feel fully dressed.

Riding in a skirt actually scares me a little, but only because I'm clumsy and tend to get caught up on myself enough, I don't need something else to get in the way that would possibly cause a wardrobe malfunction or a physical injury. I just stick to cycling shorts and ride away.

When I was in college, I would see girls riding in skirts around campus and it was quite revealing. As a result, I decided to always use shorts for modesty reasons. It's too easy for an accidental gust of wind to reveal something you don't want public. Perhaps an intermediary solution is to wear spandex shorts below a skirt so as to eliminate the risk of indecency.

That sounds really comfortable. To ride with a skirt I mean. But nothing beats a good pair of sporty shorts, both for male and female.

I think bike riding is the reason that the split skirt, or culottes, were invented in the first place. Way back when all women wore long, full skirts, they kept getting caught in the bike spokes and what-have-you, so someone created the riding skirt, which was a full pant that women wore to keep their modesty, look like they were still wearing a skirt, and be safe, all at the same time. I think as someone else already said above, a skirt while on a bike would feel foreign to me as well, as I normally don't wear the things, but if you are the super girlie type who often wears skirts, the culotte would probably be your safest bet.

I hear you, am just not convinced and also it depends where you are, the weather etc. I personally would not ride in a skirt simply because it is a bit restrictive. If it's loose, you have tuck it somewhere, if it's tight, your legs cannot move freely. Jogging bottoms are my best, the thick or light ones, depending on the weather. My legs are protected and am decent, so nothing to worry about.

Honestly, the skirts are more beneficial for woman than shorts. Spandex shorts and other linens causes yeast infections especially when a woman is sweating. The skirt will allow air flow.