which bikes for tall riders w/ longer torso?

thirdin77

Oct 17, 2004
I'm 6'1" and I'm told that much of my height is in my torso, meaning that bikes with shorter top tubes = low back pain for me. So, do you guys know which bikes out there have longer top tubes? So far, the only ones I know of that do are Cannondales.

I'm looking for a MTB, probably a hard tail.

Don't know about frames with longer top tubes. Not looking for a bike at the moment and therefore I am not looking at frame geometries.

You should not only look for frames with longer top tubes, but you can always change the stem length to increase the distance between the seat and the handlebars. Becareful though, increasing the stem length can have drastic changes to the way a bike handles. Additionally, you can always change the handlebars - choosing those with less sweep/curve or whatever anyone wants to call it. This may provide only a few millimetres change, and you may not notice a difference.

Having said all of that, a frame with a longer top tube will be the major distance between the seat and handlebars. The others such as stem length and handlebars will give slight adjustments.:)