Who Do You Like Cycling With?

Of course, it would be my husband for my most like companion in biking. However, we only have 1 bike, hahahaaa. So what we do is I bike and he jogs along and some other times we exchange places. But sad to say, that was years ago since we last did that. And I had given my bike to a nephew.

That is one reason why I joined this forum. I am planning to motivate myself in buying a bike so I could bike again... need to shed off extra pounds, huh.

Sunflogun said:
That's what happened with me as well, we were a bunch of kids in my street and we used to go with our bikes and explore around, awesome days that I recall!
Yeah they were some fun times.

I lived in a town that at the time had a lot of industries that were closing down on a waterfront and in some cases in stages of demolition. We would go there in groups and build ramps for our bikes out of all the old bits of wood, bricks and carpets that had been left there. Thinking about it we were quite imaginative when it came to using what was there. A couple years later the area we went to was redeveloped into luxury waterside properties. I sometimes take a little trip there when I'm feeling nostalgic and stuff.

Back when I lived in the countryside, I used to take my dog with me. There were lots of deserted roads, no danger of him being hit by cars, beautiful scenery, it was great. He would run with me a while, go off by himself god knows where, then find me later.

lightenstir said:
Back when I lived in the countryside, I used to take my dog with me. There were lots of deserted roads, no danger of him being hit by cars, beautiful scenery, it was great. He would run with me a while, go off by himself god knows where, then find me later.
That does sound pretty peaceful and fun. What type of dog was s/he?

I forgot to mention about another thing I did with my sister and our bikes. Next to the place I mentioned my previous post was a gated waterside community. It was quite small but it was really posh. It had it's own private birthing areas for boats and had a road that ran around the houses and back to the entrance, creating a circuit. I was also pretty into Formula 1 at the time so I used to pretend the place was like the Monaco Grand Prix track and used to race around it. Quite silly really, looking back on it.

I like to go cycling with my daughter. I want her to know all the cycling basics. She also loves cycling with me since her mother does not like cycling at all. Mostly on weekends sometimes in the evening. I hope she will grow to be a professional cyclist.

I like to go alone. I don't like trying to keep pace with others. I think it can be a safety issue to ride in a group at times. I like to take my own direction. I like to be on my own schedule.

Riding the bike definitely gives me another perspective and make me think clearer, not to mention that get the energy of my body moving, it's a great energyser.

Well, I definitely prefer to cycle alone. It just leaves me with my thoughts, and I can just ride and enjoy my solitude. However, sometimes it's nice to go on a ride with some friends. But in this case you should relate to the desires and needs of the whole group and it usually ties you up a bit.

It's something totally different to ride alone or with someone. When we are alone we can go wherever we want, but with someone else we do have company what is great too.

Reactions: Volnix
Sunflogun said:
It's something totally different to ride alone or with someone. When we are alone we can go wherever we want, but with someone else we do have company what is great too.

Who's "we" you creepy troll nutjob???

Reactions: Sunflogun
Sunflogun said:
Riding the bike definitely gives me another perspective and make me think clearer, not to mention that get the energy of my body moving, it's a great energyser.
Absolutely, I felt the same way and there's a lot of adrenaline.

I mostly ride alone because most of my cycling is for boring reasons like running errands. It's not exactly easy to find someone who wants to go grocery shopping with me, for example. I do like riding with a couple friends. I'm hoping after I move into the downtown area of my town, more of my friends will want to ride places with me. Right now I live pretty far from all of them in a hilly part of town but a lot of my friends live near downtown or are going to go down there anyway so that should making finding a couple to go out much easier.

Alone, period. My time, my pace. Personally I find cycling time not be be social chatting with people - I get enough of that in life and I don't enjoy it much.

metalmancpa said:
Alone, period. My time, my pace. Personally I find cycling time not be be social chatting with people - I get enough of that in life and I don't enjoy it much.
Awesome!

Yeah, that is the beauty about cycling, each one can do it alone or with we love with no issues.

I really enjoy cycling with familiar people to me, such as my family and friends. Cycling just gets so much more enjoyable when you do it with people you like and like you back.

That is true, because there is so much to see that when we can share that with people we like that can make the experience way more enjoyable.

I like to ride with a partner. Who else could be your best partner other than your girlfriend. Being a girl, her perspective is completely different. I enjoy the difference. Biking under overhanging greenery is a big attraction for both of us.

Cycling for me is a largely solitary experience. If I get caught loafing by some roadies I'll join their pace line for a few miles. Or if I meet someone on the local bike trail I'll talk shop with them. But, it always comes back to being a solo venture. Though an introvert I DO like to see and meet others when out riding. Again it comes back to being a solo venture.