Who Do You Like Cycling With?

kylerlittle said:
My girlfriend. Ah I love her so much and cycling with her is like heaven!
I wish my wife would love cycling like I do. Sadly she's terribly afraid of the road so that limits our rides a lot. My kids are my next hope! :)

I like to ride with my kids. I have 3, age 4, 6, and 10. It is enjoyable to go riding with them. We of course don't go great distances but we have fun nun the less.

I love being with my friends simply because we all share the same interests like photography, exploring and learning about a new place and culture and so on. Everyone appreciates and understands what is happening or what the plans are where no one is being left out.

That seems something cool Keyan, taking pictures of the places we visit. I think that it's pretty neat to have memories of the good times we have riding.

welshdude3 said:
Cycling for me is a largely solitary experience. If I get caught loafing by some roadies I'll join their pace line for a few miles. Or if I meet someone on the local bike trail I'll talk shop with them. But, it always comes back to being a solo venture. Though an introvert I DO like to see and meet others when out riding. Again it comes back to being a solo venture.
I am not an introvert and I prefer to bike with company. However, my schedule is in conflict with the bikers in our village so I usually bike by my lonesome. However, there are times that I would join a cycling pack outside the village by chance. I would be riding for a few kilometers then come back. But in the recent past, I only bike inside our village for safety purposes. The traffic in the main road is getting to be pretty heavy and risky for a biker.

I have never cycled with others before. Cycling is my way to de-stress, and I don't think de-stressing with other people is effective for me. I do like to try cycling with others so that I can meet more people. But I believe that my girlfriend would be the best person to accompany me in my cycling trips. We have never cycled before, but, come to think of it, a cycle date seems a very good idea.

If I'm honest I prefer to just go out cycling with a couple of others rather than in a large group.

I mainly do a lot of mountain biking and in a big group I find that there's a tendency to get in each others way, unlike with road cycling when your all pretty much cycling as a group and pushing each other along.

I have a group of friends that I've been cycling with for a couple years now. We go out every Sunday, usually mountain biking but sometimes doing longer distances on the road bikes. When I'm busy and preoccupied having a pre-established plan like that is the only way that I end up making time to cycle.

I really like it, particularly since everyone knows different places to ride so I end up getting a lot more variety than if I was left to my own devices. I tend to get a little spooked when I'm in the woods on my own too so I don't think I'd be quite so adventurous if it was just me. Sometimes it's nice to go for a ride myself and enjoy the quiet, but mostly I like riding with my little group :)

I always ride with my father because he is the one who introduced me to cycling. I remember when I was just a kid that he would bring me biking and I would ride in front of him on the bike. Later on, he bought me my own bike and that was the time that we started cycling together. Now, it has become our habit to ride in the weekends and bond together. Sometimes my sister comes with us, and she would bring her small bike with her. It is always enjoyable to ride with company with you since you can talk and appreciate the activity more.

I think the only time we go on a family bike ride, is when we go away on holiday and even then it's still pretty rare.

At home I go cycling to get away from the family for a few hours, the last thing I want is them coming along with me!

My favorite person to cycle with is my SO. When he's off work and I commute to work on my bike he accompanies me on my ride to and from the office. I love chatting with him during the ride home about what we did on our day, if I read something interesting, everything really.

Then there's the local urban cycling group. I've attended several of their group rides, both on weekdays and weekends, in and out of the city, so I know a few of the "regulars" and I like riding with them and catching up to what they've been up to.

I prefer to go with friends to be more precise with one friend or to be more even more precise with one lady friend. So this question for me goes in a group of other romantic questions. If not with her i have a cousin and another friend who are on my list as well. Unfortunately for me i don't get to ride bikes with her any more and not only that but my bike was even stolen so i am now without her and without my bike. Two very important and loved things in my life but maybe that will change when i buy a new one ( a bicycle of course) I do it by my self also, because except those i mentioned my other friends are not so much in sports and they can not follow my pace.

I forgot about this little guy in the picture. My nephew and me. The last ride before my bike was stolen. At least it was a good one.

Attachments

• 12033211_10207321707378622_4401497396876453457_n.jpg
    12033211_10207321707378622_4401497396876453457_n.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 17
I love cycling with my dad! He is just so awesome, and at the same time he is my role model. He works out a lot, being 60 almost, can put a lot of younger generations to shame. :) Not that I am boasting, but I just find him to be great inspiration to me, and to the others.
I love cycling with him because not only he is a great company, and fun, too; he also knows a lot of treks and hidden paths, and paths through the woods, which I love cycling through. :)

I also prefer to cycle alone. In that way, I can set my own pace, and speed, and I can decide on myself which way I would choose to cycle to.

Once, I cycled in a group of people, with a person on the head, leading the way. It was kind of fun, but still, I would not do it again. :D

I prefer riding with my neighbors. That motivates me when I don't feel to go riding. I used to go riding with my family members but since I moved to another city I found it necessary to go cycle with my neighbors.

I like cycling, just in general. When I think about whom I would like to cycle with, the first person that pops into my mind is my boyfriend. He has been into cycling for a few years now, but only like a hobby, not anything professional, so he would not do it every single day, mostly three times a week. So, he is just like me, meaning we actually like similar things in cycling, and we understand each other quite well.
I would also cycle with family and friends, more than I would opt for some organisation. It is just too many people for my liking,you need to try to keep the speed, rarely anyone would just wait for you if you are legging behind (at least in my case).

Cycling for me is a largely solitary experience. If I get caught loafing by some roadies I'll join their pace line for a few miles. Or if I meet someone on the local bike trail I'll talk shop with them. But, it always comes back to being a solo venture. Though an introvert I DO like to see and meet others when out riding. Again it comes back to being a solo venture.

Need to amend this post. Met an exceptional woman with whom I can't imagine living without. She's very keen on learning all things touring and utility cycling in as much as I'm keen to learn all things yoga and meditation. We're like bacon and.eggs. LOVE cycling with her. We chat like magpies. lol We've decided to spend the balance of our lives touring constantly, teaching yoga and as I'm a pro level mandolin player sharing and exchanging music. We've both adult children who celebrate our eccentricities. What's not to love?

Who you go cycling with it seems can certainly make a difference on how much you enjoyed the ride.

Some people actually prefer to go cycling alone, that way they are more likely to get talking to other cyclists, strangers that they don't know.

Going in a group you don't tend to speak to anybody else other than the people in your group, so in meeting new people, I can see the logic behind that.

There are certainly times when I just prefer to ride alone, but then there are also times when I need someone else there. I do not really like to ride in groups though, that seems a little too much. I have a good friend that I ride with most often but me and my wife also get out at least once a week. I think that having someone else with you really makes you work a little harder and get a better workout out of it.

Reactions: pwarbi
There are certainly times when I just prefer to ride alone, but then there are also times when I need someone else there. I do not really like to ride in groups though, that seems a little too much. I have a good friend that I ride with most often but me and my wife also get out at least once a week. I think that having someone else with you really makes you work a little harder and get a better workout out of it.

If your cycling to achieve set fitness goals, then I agree that riding with others is a motivation to push yourself further. Riding alone you sometimes have a tendency to take it a little too easy, but with others around that won't happen.