or Connect
Cycling Forums › Forums › Other Stuff › Archives › General health and fitness › Health and nutrition › Food and nutrition › more than one cookie pan in oven at same time?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

more than one cookie pan in oven at same time?

post #1 of 5
I am preparing brownie cookies made from Pillbury brownie
mix. The contents of one package requires a total of four
cookie pans. If the oven has room, can all four pans be
placed in the oven at the same time, OR, do I need to cook
just one pan of cookies at the same time?

I've been told that if all pans are placed in oven at same
time, baking will be done unevenly.

All replies, opinions, answers, etc. welcomed.

Aaron in N. Hollywood
post #2 of 5

Re: more than one cookie pan in oven at same time?

>I've been told that if all pans are placed in oven at same
>time, baking will be done unevenly.

Shift their positions once or twice during the (brief)
baking.

Bake everything at the same time; if you delay placing some
of your pans in the oven, the leaveners will weaken in the
ones waiting outside.

Neil
post #3 of 5

Aaron Epstein wrote:
> I am preparing brownie cookies made from Pillbury brownie
> mix. The contents of one package requires a total of four
> cookie pans. If the oven has room, can all four pans be
> placed in the oven at the same time, OR, do I need to cook
> just one pan of cookies at the same time?
>
> I've been told that if all pans are placed in oven at same
> time, baking will be done unevenly.

It really depends on your experience with your oven. Some
ovens have hotspots where food burns while the rest is
uncooked. When you put everything in at once, it takes
longer for the oven to get back up to baking temperature
which can affect how long you have to bake for, but again,
it depends on the oven. Some come up to temp faster than
others. You might try moving the pans around while baking,
but that means opening the oven door which means the temp
goes down which means the oven comes back up to temp
unevenly. How important are these brownies? If it were me,
I'd put everything in at once, watch through the glass door
and note how everything turns out. If it were imperitive
that I get it right the first time, I'd bake only one or two
pans at a time.

--Lia
post #4 of 5

"Aaron Epstein" <aaronep@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> I am preparing brownie cookies made from Pillbury brownie
> mix. The contents of one package requires a total of four
> cookie pans. If the oven has room, can all four pans be
> placed in the oven at the same time, OR, do I need to cook
> just one pan of cookies at the same time?
>
> I've been told that if all pans are placed in oven at
> same time, .
>
> All replies, opinions, answers, etc. welcomed.

The heat distribution will be uneven but if you are watchful
and you are able to determine when the cookies have reached
the right stage of doneness you can compensate for it.

I've done this with OK results by removing the cookie
sheet on the lower rack when the cookies on it are done
and then moving the other cookie sheet from the higher to
the lower rack to continue baking for a couple more
minutes until done.
post #5 of 5

limey wrote:

> "Julia Altshuler" <jaltshuler@comcast.net> wrote in
> message news:4iIac.154223$po.904574@attbi_s52...
> > Aaron Epstein wrote:
> > > I am preparing brownie cookies made from Pillbury
> > > brownie mix. The contents of one package requires a
> > > total of four cookie pans. If the oven has room, can
> > > all four pans be placed in the oven at the same time,
> > > OR, do I need to cook just one pan of cookies at the
> > > same time?
> > >
> > > I've been told that if all pans are placed in oven at
> > > same time, baking will be done unevenly.
> >
> > It really depends on your experience with your oven.
> > Some ovens have hotspots where food burns while the rest
> > is uncooked. When you put everything in at once, it
> > takes longer for the oven to get back up to baking
> > temperature which can affect how long you have to bake
> > for, but again, it depends on the oven. Some come up to
> > temp faster than others. You might try moving the pans
> > around while baking, but that means opening the oven
> > door which means the temp goes down which means the oven
> > comes back up to temp unevenly. How important are these
> > brownies? If it were me, I'd put everything in at once,
> > watch through the glass door and note how everything
> > turns out. If it were imperitive that I get it right the
> > first time, I'd bake only one or two pans at a time.
> >
> > --Lia
>
> I get inconsistent results if I put the pans on different
> racks. I feel that not only does the heat differ in
> different parts of the oven, but even heat circulation is
> also blocked.
>
> Dora

I always switch racks halfway through. This works fine for
me.

Kate
--
Kate Connally “If I were as old as I feel, I’d be dead
already.” Goldfish: “The wholesome snack that smiles back,