trainer- magnetic Vs Fluid

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by M. Atta, Feb 10, 2004.

  1. M. Atta

    M. Atta Guest

    Which is the better trainer as i am looking at puchasing one for warm ups &
    intervals for my boys who do track.....

    Regards

    Tags:

  2. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "M. Atta" <Me@Mosque.now> wrote in message
    > Which is the better trainer as i am looking at puchasing one for warm

    ups &
    > intervals for my boys who do track.....

    In _my_ experience, magnetic is easier to come by and cheaper.
    For interval work and warm ups I think the mag trainer might be
    a little more compact/easier to carry? The actual resistance
    shouldn't matter, at least for the warmup...

    Better to read some of these posts and decide:
    http://www.bikeline.com/feature/trainer/
    http://www.cyclingforums.com/showthread/t-83304.html
    http://www.triathloncoach.com/faq.html#mag_trainer

    hth
    hippy

  3. M. Atta

    M. Atta Guest

    Thanks very much
    :)

    "hippy" <NOSPAMsbirnie@NOSPAMbigpond.com> wrote in message
    > "M. Atta" <Me@Mosque.now> wrote in message
    > > Which is the better trainer as i am looking at puchasing one for warm

    > ups &
    > > intervals for my boys who do track.....

    > In _my_ experience, magnetic is easier to come by and cheaper.
    > For interval work and warm ups I think the mag trainer might be
    > a little more compact/easier to carry? The actual resistance
    > shouldn't matter, at least for the warmup...
    >
    > Better to read some of these posts and decide:
    > http://www.bikeline.com/feature/trainer/
    > http://www.cyclingforums.com/showthread/t-83304.html
    > http://www.triathloncoach.com/faq.html#mag_trainer
    >
    > hth