or Connect
Cycling Forums › Forums › Other Stuff › Archives › General health and fitness › Health and nutrition › Food and nutrition › What is Best Way to Clean Arteries?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What is Best Way to Clean Arteries?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
I'm middle aged and starting to worry about my health. What
supplements or foods would be best, to begin to clear out
my arteries? I have quit all butter and margarine and use
Non-Trans-Fat.

Is Walnut helpful? Are statins safe or are they liver
killers?
post #2 of 11

Re: What is Best Way to Clean Arteries?

RE/
>I'm middle aged and starting to worry about my health. What
>supplements or foods would be best, to begin to clear out
>my arteries? I have quit all butter and margarine and use
>Non-Trans-Fat.

I'd start by reading Dean Ornish's book on how to reverse
coronary artery disease. http://tinyurl.com/2k8kr
--
PeteCresswell
post #3 of 11

Re: What is Best Way to Clean Arteries?

On Fri, 7 May 2004 23:19:37 -0700, "Chad C." <johnkeynesX@Xemail.com> wrote:

> Stop poisoning your body with sugar and other refined
> carbohydrates. Statins don't help that much. Don't eat
> any one food in large abundance, mixed nuts are
> preferred, etc. Take a multivitamin every day,
> hopefully one that doesn't provide too much iron.
> Butter isn't the problem. Smart idea to avoid trans
> fats as you mentioned you're already doing. Exercise 30
> minutes most days, slim down to about 10% bodyfat.
>
>-Chad

10% is unreasonable, a women would not be able to get
pregnant... hmmm...that may not be a bad thing...nevermind.


Remove "HeadFromButt", before replying by email.
post #4 of 11

Re: What is Best Way to Clean Arteries?

"(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote in message news:<cefq90tmssrn1l8ap7uepmbsdgmooscrc6@4ax.com>...
> RE/
> >I'm middle aged and starting to worry about my health.
> >What supplements or foods would be best, to begin to
> >clear out my arteries? I have quit all butter and
> >margarine and use Non-Trans-Fat.
>
> I'd start by reading Dean Ornish's book on how to reverse
> coronary artery disease. http://tinyurl.com/2k8kr

Dean Ornish is the last person to take advice from.
His studies are so flawed it's disgusting. He is so
far out of touch with reality it is just sad. If you
really want to learn about heart disease, Mary Enig is
the one to listen to. She is a biochemist and lipid
researcher who has been studying fats and cholresterol
for over 30 years and has been at the forefront of
trans fat research and has been telling of their
dangers for decades.
post #5 of 11

Re: What is Best Way to Clean Arteries?

On Sat, 8 May 2004 11:25:40 -0700, "Chad C." <johnkeynesX@Xemail.com> wrote:

>According to what I see in my Internet-based research, 10%
>is on the lower side of acceptable for a female.

Do a search on "amenorrhea"

Amenorrhea is the clinical term for cessation of menstrual
periods with possible related loss of ovulation. This is
generally seen in women who train very heavily and/or have
body fat below 12-15%




Remove "HeadFromButt", before replying by email.
post #6 of 11

Re: What is Best Way to Clean Arteries?

"maxfoo" <maxfooHeadFromButt@punkass.com> wrote in message
news:0kbq90dct6qg2bjtfism8psacs57dk7e8r@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 8 May 2004 11:25:40 -0700, "Chad C."
> <johnkeynesX@Xemail.com>
wrote:
>
> >According to what I see in my Internet-based research,
> >10% is on the
lower
> >side of acceptable for a female.
>
> Do a search on "amenorrhea"
>
> Amenorrhea is the clinical term for cessation of menstrual
> periods with
possible
> related loss of ovulation. This is generally seen in women
> who train very heavily and/or have body fat below 12-15%

Is there an easy way for people to calculate their
approximate %-age of body fat? I'm a male, 40, just under
5'10", not heavily built or especially muscle-bound, and
weighing 70kg. How much of that weight will be body fat...?

Ta for all sensible replies!

Philippic
post #7 of 11

Re: What is Best Way to Clean Arteries?

On Sun, 9 May 2004 00:36:47 +0100, "Philippic" <Philippic*Is*@Wwork.com> wrote:

>Is there an easy way for people to calculate their
>approximate %-age of body fat? I'm a male, 40, just under
>5'10", not heavily built or especially muscle-bound, and
>weighing 70kg. How much of that weight will be body fat...?
>
>Ta for all sensible replies!
>
>Philippic

The easiest way is using an online calculator.
http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmicalc.htm

Remove "HeadFromButt", before replying by email.
post #8 of 11

Re: What is Best Way to Clean Arteries?

"Chad C." <johnkeynesX@Xemail.com> wrote in message
news:109qv906sutjk17@corp.supernews.com...
> Hi Philippic,
>
> I'm guessing you're right around 17%+/-1 or so.
>

Gee; thanks, Chad!

Nice of you to do the calculation!

How *did* you do it, though...?

Ph.
post #9 of 11

Re: What is Best Way to Clean Arteries?

I'd start by reading Dean Ornish's book on how to reverse
coronary artery disease. >>

In a nutshell, what does Ornish say to do or to take?
post #10 of 11

Re: What is Best Way to Clean Arteries?

tonishawallace@wmconnect.com (TonishaWallace) wrote in message news:<20040509205326.28998.00000481@mb-m22.wmconnect.com>...
> If you really want to learn about heart disease, Mary Enig
> is the one to listen to. RangerHasten>>
>
> What, briefly, does she say to take or to do?

Well it is kind of hard to sum it all up in a few
lines. Basicly you need to eat traditional foods that
have been in the human diet for thousands of years and
eliminate modern processed and refined fake foods like
flower, sugar, vegetable oils, and conventional
pasteurized/homogenized milk and dairy products. Those
are really the 4 death foods. Traditional foods include
raw unpasteurized dairy from grass fed cows ESPECIALY
butter, eggs from fish and fowl, meat (not just muscle
meat but organ meats like liver) from grass fed animals
and deep ocean fish. The majority of your calories
should come from those foods giving you about 50-60%
calories from fat. Also as much of those animal sours
foods as possible should be eaten raw, at the very
least dairy. The rest of your diet should be from non
starchy leafy green veggies and a moderate amount of
fruit. You can also eat a moderate amount of whole
(soaked/sprouted) grains if you can handle grains well.
However grains are not essential to the human diet and
many people do very poorly on them. Of course all of
the above foods should be organic.

The best thing you can do is get more information on healthy
food from the Weston Price foundation web site.
http://www.westonaprice.org/

Mary Enig is very much involved there and has written much
of the information on the site like this great article about
heart disease, "The Oiling of America"
http://www.westonaprice.org/know_your_fats/oiling.html
post #11 of 11

Re: What is Best Way to Clean Arteries?

>Subject: What is Best Way to Clean Arteries?
>From: tonishawallace@wmconnect.com (TonishaWallace)
>Date: 5/7/2004 10:36 PM Mountain Daylight Time
>Message-id: <20040508003624.24684.00001125@mb-m29.wmconnect.com>
>
>I'm middle aged and starting to worry about my health. What
>supplements or foods would be best, to begin to clear out
>my arteries? I have quit all butter and margarine and use
>Non-Trans-Fat.
>
>Is Walnut helpful? Are statins safe or are they liver
>killers?
>

http://tinyurl.com/25j3g

http://tinyurl.com/32m2g

Who loves ya. Tom

Jesus Was A Vegetarian! http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com
Man Is A Herbivore!
http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore DEAD
PEOPLE WALKING
http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/deadpeoplewalking
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Food and nutrition
Cycling Forums › Forums › Other Stuff › Archives › General health and fitness › Health and nutrition › Food and nutrition › What is Best Way to Clean Arteries?