OT: What do you drive?

Andy

Guest
Do the vehicles we drive define us??? Like "you are what you eat." It
might be fun and insightful (yeah, right!).

Current Stable:
1998 VW GTI/VR6 5-spd manual
2002 Honda Nighthawk 750 (that's a motorcycle for you cagers;)

Andy

In article <[email protected]>, Andy <Q>
wrote:

> Do the vehicles we drive define us??? Like "you are what you eat." It
> might be fun and insightful (yeah, right!).
>
> Current Stable:
> 1998 VW GTI/VR6 5-spd manual
> 2002 Honda Nighthawk 750 (that's a motorcycle for you cagers;)
>
> Andy

Hondas. CR-V (or is it C-RV?) and an Accord. My third Honda; my
husband's first one. OT? Hey, it's not political!! :-0)
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 7/8/05 WeBeJammin'!

Andy <Q> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Do the vehicles we drive define us???

Absolutely.

We're a Ford Family, from my 5.0lt Mustang and F-150, SWMBO Explorer, to
our current Taurus stationwagon. We'll be adding two more Fords in the
near-future with a F-350 crew cab and an Expedition.

The Ranger

"Andy" <Q> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Do the vehicles we drive define us??? Like "you are what you eat." It
> might be fun and insightful (yeah, right!).
>
> Current Stable:
> 1998 VW GTI/VR6 5-spd manual
> 2002 Honda Nighthawk 750 (that's a motorcycle for you cagers;)
>
> Andy

Does it count if we happen to hate our current vehicle?? Ford Focus, and
sadly, my last Ford-I'm pretty well done with them. As soon as I can afford
it, I'm going for a Subaru Outback. Better suited to the driving issues
here, for certain.

Lynne A
[email protected]

Andy wrote:
> Do the vehicles we drive define us??? Like "you are what you eat." It
> might be fun and insightful (yeah, right!).
>
> Current Stable:
> 1998 VW GTI/VR6 5-spd manual
> 2002 Honda Nighthawk 750 (that's a motorcycle for you cagers;)

Actually that's not a motorcycle, that's a motorcycle wannabe, that's a
rice burner. hehe

I drive:
1991 Landcruiser
2004 Kubota Grand L 4330
2004 Kubota BX1800

Sheldon

In the last three years I've driven a 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe, 2003 Ford
Expedition and now a sweet 2005 Ford Escape XLT (which I absolutely
adore)! What would that say Ranger in connection with food, how does
that defines us Ford people?

Taylor/Colorado where Phil Long Ford
rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote in news:1121621682.762133.15790
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

>> 2002 Honda Nighthawk 750 (that's a motorcycle for you cagers;)

> Actually that's not a motorcycle, that's a motorcycle wannabe, that's

> rice burner. hehe
>
> I drive:
> 1991 Landcruiser
> 2004 Kubota Grand L 4330
> 2004 Kubota BX1800
>
> Sheldon

Sheldon,

You're outstanding in your field!

;)

Andy

I do not drive anything. I do not even have a driver's license. :eek:(

When I go shopping, I take a small shopping cart with me. Since I go
shopping almost every day, my groceries fit nicely into the cart.

When I need paper goods, such as large packages of toilet tissues and
paper towels and they are on sale, I may have to make more than one
trip to the store.

I always dreamed of having a Jaguar, while my husband was still alive
and his dream was a Cord Duesenberg. Both were unrealistic dreams.

I may make some Blueberry soup tonight for dinner.

Andy wrote:
> Do the vehicles we drive define us??? Like "you are what you eat." It
> might be fun and insightful (yeah, right!).
>
> Current Stable:
> 1998 VW GTI/VR6 5-spd manual
> 2002 Honda Nighthawk 750 (that's a motorcycle for you cagers;)
>
> Andy

"Andy" <Q> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Do the vehicles we drive define us??? Like "you are what you eat." It
> might be fun and insightful (yeah, right!).

I drive a '97 Toyota Camry. Hubby drives a '04 Toyota Prius (and, yes,
it very much defines him and everything about him--even has a "Darwin
fish" on it ;).

Mary

LynneA wrote:
> "Andy" <Q> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Do the vehicles we drive define us??? Like "you are what you eat." It
>>might be fun and insightful (yeah, right!).
>>
>>Current Stable:
>>1998 VW GTI/VR6 5-spd manual
>>2002 Honda Nighthawk 750 (that's a motorcycle for you cagers;)
>>
>>Andy

> Does it count if we happen to hate our current vehicle?? Ford Focus, and
> sadly, my last Ford-I'm pretty well done with them. As soon as I can afford
> it, I'm going for a Subaru Outback. Better suited to the driving issues
> here, for certain.
>
> Lynne A
> [email protected]

:) Or if DH hates my current vehicle?
I drive a Mazda Sting 1.3 liter 5-spd manual (made by Ford in this part
of the world)
and he drives an Audi A4 1.8 liter automatic
Cheers
Cathy

Andy wrote:
> "Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote in news:1121621682.762133.15790
> @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>

>>>2002 Honda Nighthawk 750 (that's a motorcycle for you cagers;)

>>Actually that's not a motorcycle, that's a motorcycle wannabe, that's

>>rice burner. hehe
>>
>>I drive:
>>1991 Landcruiser
>>2004 Kubota Grand L 4330
>>2004 Kubota BX1800
>>
>>Sheldon

> Sheldon,
>
> You're outstanding in your field!
>
> ;)
>
> Andy

Nice pun....
Cathy

--
I don't suffer from insanity - I enjoy every minute of it

"Andy" <Q> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Do the vehicles we drive define us??? Like "you are what you eat." It
> might be fun and insightful (yeah, right!).
>
> Current Stable:
> 1998 VW GTI/VR6 5-spd manual
> 2002 Honda Nighthawk 750 (that's a motorcycle for you cagers;)
>
> Andy

Depends on what day you ask! lol
Currently we have:
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1968 Dodge Coronet 440 R/T
1969 Porsche 911
1995 BMW 325i Convertible
1969 Chevelle Malibu
2003 Honda VFR Interceptor
1998 Ford Expedition (Ex Park Ranger truck)
1999 Chevy Caprice (Ex Texas Ranger with police engine/tranny pkg)
And hopefully in about 15 hours, a 1953 Ford F100.

Mind you, this is the least amount of vehicles we've owned in about 10
years.

Addictions, gotta love 'em.

kimberly

Andy wrote:
> Do the vehicles we drive define us???

No, not even in southern california. But looking back at the array of
cars we've had over the years, they do seem to reflect how interests
and activities change. Tastes in food change over time, too, don't
they? Think about foods you used to hate, now find ordinary or better.
Think about how much spiciness you have liked at different
times....-aem

"Nexis" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "Andy" <Q> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Do the vehicles we drive define us??? Like "you are what you eat." It
>> might be fun and insightful (yeah, right!).
>>
>> Current Stable:
>> 1998 VW GTI/VR6 5-spd manual
>> 2002 Honda Nighthawk 750 (that's a motorcycle for you cagers;)
>>
>> Andy

> Depends on what day you ask! lol
> Currently we have:
> 1968 Dodge Charger 440
> 1968 Dodge Coronet 440 R/T
> 1969 Porsche 911
> 1995 BMW 325i Convertible
> 1969 Chevelle Malibu
> 2003 Honda VFR Interceptor
> 1998 Ford Expedition (Ex Park Ranger truck)
> 1999 Chevy Caprice (Ex Texas Ranger with police engine/tranny pkg)
> And hopefully in about 15 hours, a 1953 Ford F100.
>
> Mind you, this is the least amount of vehicles we've owned in about 10
> years.
>
> Addictions, gotta love 'em.
>
> kimberly

'Scuse me, I have to go cry now.

Lynne A
[email protected]

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 11:38:36 -0500, Andy wrote:

> Do the vehicles we drive define us??? Like "you are what you eat." It
> might be fun and insightful (yeah, right!).

2 share one car:
2004 BMW 525i

We've driven Japanese cars for more than 20 years and it was time for
a change.

Sheldon wrote:

> Andy wrote:
>
>>Do the vehicles we drive define us??? Like "you are what you eat." It
>>might be fun and insightful (yeah, right!).
>>
>>Current Stable:
>>1998 VW GTI/VR6 5-spd manual
>>2002 Honda Nighthawk 750 (that's a motorcycle for you cagers;)

> Actually that's not a motorcycle, that's a motorcycle wannabe, that's a
> rice burner. hehe
>
> I drive:
> 1991 Landcruiser
> 2004 Kubota Grand L 4330
> 2004 Kubota BX1800
>
> Sheldon

ok, I'll de-lurk for a change. ;-)

2003 Ford Escape XLT
1997 Corvette 6-speed coupe
2001 Buick Century

--
Steve
Ever notice that putting the and IRS together makes "theirs"?

Margaret Suran wrote:
> I do not drive anything. I do not even have a driver's license. :eek:(
>
> When I go shopping, I take a small shopping cart with me. Since I go
> shopping almost every day, my groceries fit nicely into the cart.
>
> When I need paper goods, such as large packages of toilet tissues and
> paper towels and they are on sale, I may have to make more than one
> trip to the store.
>
> I always dreamed of having a Jaguar, while my husband was still alive
> and his dream was a Cord Duesenberg. Both were unrealistic dreams.
>
> I may make some Blueberry soup tonight for dinner.

Yeah, but... since you were present at it's maiden voyage christening
(you probably cried over all that spilled wine) I bet they'd let you
drive the IRT. hehe

Sheldon

"Andy" <Q> wrote

> Do the vehicles we drive define us???

Oddly enough, when I think about it, mine does. Broken
down and not running. Okay, I'm only half kidding, it's
going in this week for a new alternator, and I can get back
behind the wheel. Watch out, world.

91 Maxima, nice nice car, manual transmission and all.
Gonna miss it when it goes.
05 Acura TL, now that's a really nice car, too bad about
the automatic transmission.

nancy

Andy wrote:
> Do the vehicles we drive define us??? Like "you are what you eat." It
> might be fun and insightful (yeah, right!).
>
> Current Stable:
> 1998 VW GTI/VR6 5-spd manual
> 2002 Honda Nighthawk 750 (that's a motorcycle for you cagers;)

Lincoln Mark VIII here, though I doubt it "defines" me at all. There
simply came a time of unexpected money for me that was of an amount I
could splurge with. At that time I gave my then perfect condition, low
milage car, an Oldsmobile Grand Marquee(sp?) to eldest son who'd loved
it, and bought youngest son a new T-bird. I was raised with a love for
Lincoln-Marks, and this is the second one for me...first was handed
down to me from my also Lincoln-Marks loving mother.

....Picky

Ford crewcab truck when I'm working and a Ford SportTrak when I'm playing

Bob (yes, my other car is also a truck...)

news:[email protected]...