OT: What do you drive?

>> You pay the maintenance, you got the car for a hundred years. It's as
>> simple as that. As I said in another post on this thread, I grieve the
>> loss of my 10-year-old Honda Accord (stolen). The Venerable never even
>> threaten to leave me stranded, BUT I maintained the sweetie. You don't
>> take care of your car, kiss it goodbye. Or, call it a lemon, but the
>> lemon laws won't back you up.
>>
>> Pam

> Okay, illuminate me. Can the checkups and maintenance be done by any old
> good garage (nondealership) while the car is under warranty? What does
> this do to the warranty? I have been taking my car to the dealership,
> which I used to like until the past year or so....
>
> --
> Jean B.

Sorry about the delay. I truly do not know about the affect on the
warranty. I should think that if you can prove you had the work done
properly, they'd have to honor it, but I would check to make sure.

Pam

pjjehg wrote:

>>>You pay the maintenance, you got the car for a hundred years. It's as
>>>simple as that. As I said in another post on this thread, I grieve the
>>>loss of my 10-year-old Honda Accord (stolen). The Venerable never even
>>>threaten to leave me stranded, BUT I maintained the sweetie. You don't
>>>take care of your car, kiss it goodbye. Or, call it a lemon, but the
>>>lemon laws won't back you up.
>>>
>>>Pam

>>Okay, illuminate me. Can the checkups and maintenance be done by any old
>>good garage (nondealership) while the car is under warranty? What does
>>this do to the warranty? I have been taking my car to the dealership,
>>which I used to like until the past year or so....
>>
>>--
>>Jean B.

> Sorry about the delay. I truly do not know about the affect on the
> warranty. I should think that if you can prove you had the work done
> properly, they'd have to honor it, but I would check to make sure.
>
> Pam

I've since heard varying reports. Ironically, I took my
ailing VW to the dealership this morning with a list of things
I want addressed before the warranty expires--in less than 10
miles. Some of these I have been complaining about for the
last 10,000 miles or so. :-( If they are not going to fix
them, I at least want them thoroughly documented as pre-existing.

--
Jean B.

"Sandi" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> enigma wrote:
>> gah. how do you afford the gas? is that F350 going to be
>> deisel? i wish the F-250 came in deisel :p

> They aren't? What about these comments from the Ford Motor
> Company website?

<snip>

mine is a 2004. they did not come in diesel or i would have
bought a diesel (i look at dealer inventory online for a
hundred mile radius. no F-250 diesels). i don't think the
dealers knew there would be a diesel in 05 either... i bought
mine in January & they don't start getting info on the next
model year until April or May usually.
if i *had* known, i would have waited.
lee
--