OT: What do you drive?

Jean B. wrote:

> What an awful commercial. I hate to think that would appeal to people.

Another thing I find irritating, is some of the music they use in
commercials. I saw a commercial for either Range Rover or Hummer and
the music was so irritating I turned the TV off. They must be trying to
appeal to someone who younger than I am.

Becca

enigma wrote:
> "The Ranger" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > Andy <Q> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> Do the vehicles we drive define us???

> > Absolutely.
> >
> > We're a Ford Family, from my 5.0lt Mustang and F-150, SWMBO
> > Explorer, to our current Taurus stationwagon. We'll be
> > adding two more Fords in the near-future with a F-350 crew
> > cab and an Expedition.

> gah. how do you afford the gas? is that F350 going to be
> deisel? i wish the F-250 came in deisel :p
> lee

They aren't? What about these comments from the Ford Motor Company
website?

"The new 6.0-liter Power Stroke Diesel V-8 is available on Ford F-250
through Ford F-550 Super Duty pickups and chassis cabs, as well as the
Ford Excursion. Mated with a new optional TorqShiftTM 5-speed automatic
transmission, the new 32-valve diesel engine produces 560 lbs. ft. of
best-in-class torque and 325 best-in-class diesel horsepower."
http://tinyurl.com/doyvn

or

"Ford Super Duty customers rely on their trucks to get the job done -
whether at work or at play. The 2005 Super Duty delivers - with more
capability, unsurpassed gas and diesel power, more toughness and useful
new features that will make work easier and recreation time more
enjoyable."

and

"Unsurpassed power - including the segment's most powerful gasoline
engine, the 6.8-liter, 3-valve Triton™ V-10 with 355 hp and 455
pound-feet of torque. The best-selling 6.0-liter Power Stroke® diesel
increases to 570 pound-feet of torque."
http://tinyurl.com/dc6q3

If a dealer is saying it doesn't come in diesel, he just wants to sell
a gasser from the floor and not special order a diesel.

Becca wrote:

> Another thing I find irritating, is some of the music they use in
> commercials. I saw a commercial for either Range Rover or Hummer and
> the music was so irritating I turned the TV off. They must be trying to
> appeal to someone who younger than I am.
>
> Becca

Maybe THAT'S it. Like you, I think I'd be turned off.

--
Jean B.

Becca wrote:
> Jean B. wrote:
>
> > What an awful commercial. I hate to think that would appeal to people.

> Another thing I find irritating, is some of the music they use in
> commercials. I saw a commercial for either Range Rover or Hummer and
> the music was so irritating I turned the TV off. They must be trying to
> appeal to someone who younger than I am.

Hummer panders to the relatively young parvenu... no one with greater
intelligence would be caught behind the wheel of one of those utterly
useless ego tRIP-offs.

Sheldon