Huge C#@p!!!

flyingdutch

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
5,700
riding in along yarra trail this mornin.
approaching bridge (under eastern 'free'way) that goes over MerriCreek, just above Dights Falls

2 ol' geezers standing there. thought they were playin 'pooh sticks'...

One of em turns to me as ai approach and said
"Get a load of these fish!"

Fuggin HHHUUUUGGGGEEEEE Carp!

minimum 2ft long, fatter than ShaneKelly's thighs and stood there marvelling at just how big they were, and then how many there were. counted 30. All that size give or take a few inches.
Bloke asked, 'Would you eat one of them?'

"Mate, I wouldnt eat a carp out of clean water, let alone THAT!" :D

flyingdutch said:
riding in along yarra trail this mornin.
approaching bridge (under eastern 'free'way) that goes over MerriCreek, just above Dights Falls

2 ol' geezers standing there. thought they were playin 'pooh sticks'...

One of em turns to me as ai approach and said
"Get a load of these fish!"

Fuggin HHHUUUUGGGGEEEEE Carp!

minimum 2ft long, fatter than ShaneKelly's thighs and stood there marvelling at just how big they were, and then how many there were. counted 30. All that size give or take a few inches.
Bloke asked, 'Would you eat one of them?'

"Mate, I wouldnt eat a carp out of clean water, let alone THAT!" :D
I think they have rellies in the Moonee Ponds Creek. They are truly *massive* - quite colourful (although that could have been the oil slick), and hanging around in quite large schools. The largest would have easily been a metre...

Don't they just keep growing if not limited by space or nutrition? Or are they just mutants?

ali

alison_b said:
I think they have rellies in the Moonee Ponds Creek. They are truly *massive* - quite colourful (although that could have been the oil slick), and hanging around in quite large schools. The largest would have easily been a metre...

Don't they just keep growing if not limited by space or nutrition? Or are they just mutants?

ali

a metre? mofo...

obviously heir mumy drives em to school, the obese feckers :rolleyes:

flyingdutch wrote:

> "Mate, I wouldnt eat a carp out of clean water, let alone THAT!" :D

hehe, they are edible but bony as hell, spend more time picking the
bones out than eating, think I will pass the carp for a nice grilled
Bream :)

cfsmtb wrote:

> they fcuk up the
> waterways and are positively UNAustralian!

Like us you mean?

Cheers
David M

cfsmtb wrote:

> they fcuk up the
> waterways and are positively UNAustralian!

Like us you mean?

Cheers
David M

David M said:
Like us you mean?

Cheers
David M

Cyclists! Harumph! They're just like those French cheese eating surrender monkeys! France has that big bike race too. I rest my case. :p

"flyingdutch" wrote in message ...

> riding in along yarra trail this mornin.
> approaching bridge (under eastern 'free'way) that goes over MerriCreek,
> just above Dights Falls
>
> 2 ol' geezers standing there. thought they were playin 'pooh
> sticks'...

<snip>

At this point in the story I was picturing two old guys with sticks playing
with a giant turd on the path...

cheers,
GPL

flyingdutch said:
riding in along yarra trail this mornin.
approaching bridge (under eastern 'free'way) that goes over MerriCreek, just above Dights Falls

2 ol' geezers standing there. thought they were playin 'pooh sticks'...

One of em turns to me as ai approach and said
"Get a load of these fish!"

Fuggin HHHUUUUGGGGEEEEE Carp!

minimum 2ft long, fatter than ShaneKelly's thighs and stood there marvelling at just how big they were, and then how many there were. counted 30. All that size give or take a few inches.
Bloke asked, 'Would you eat one of them?'

"Mate, I wouldnt eat a carp out of clean water, let alone THAT!" :D

Went for a ride and paddle at Studley park yesterday, the two girls that I was with in the canoe wanted to swim so over we go. Then they ask do the fish bite, no was the response but it might be maybe next time.

Dancier said:
Went for a ride and paddle at Studley park yesterday, the two girls that I was with in the canoe wanted to swim so over we go. Then they ask do the fish bite, no was the response but it might be maybe next time.

these things would swallow you whole!!!

Dancier said:
Went for a ride and paddle at Studley park yesterday, the two girls that I was with in the canoe wanted to swim so over we go. Then they ask do the fish bite, no was the response but it might be maybe next time.

these things would swallow you whole!!!

At this point in the story I was picturing two old guys with sticks playing
with a giant turd on the path...

Wait for it....

A carp not a mullet...

Dee 'couldn't resist' Dub

At this point in the story I was picturing two old guys with sticks playing
with a giant turd on the path...

Wait for it....

A carp not a mullet...

Dee 'couldn't resist' Dub

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> Dancier Wrote:
> > Went for a ride and paddle at Studley park yesterday, the two girls that
> > I was with in the canoe wanted to swim so over we go. Then they ask do
> > the fish bite, no was the response but it might be maybe next time.

> these things would swallow you whole!!!
> --
> flyingdutch

We used to go after carp in the Riverland (SA) around Barmera/Loveday
area.......with shotguns!!!

Used to go duck shooting there quite regularly and occasionally for a bit of
a laugh we would put on the waders and find a spot in a backwater where
there is about 6-8inches of water and 2ft or so of mud. Huge European Carp
would swim along with their backs half out of the water as they ploughed
through the mud looking for food (and further destroying the riverbed). We
would throw a big stick near the carp and then shoot it as it took off
through the water at a great rate of knots (either aim for it's back
sticking out of the water or the front of the wake that it was leaving!!!).
We once ended up with about 18 or so in a day and I would say that the
smallest was 2 foot long, with the biggest closer to 3.

Just doing our bit to protect the waterways.......

Gags