Happy Thanksgiving!

Cubit

Guest
My strategy in handle today's carb filled environment, is and was to have a
large breakfast. When I confront the carby stuff, I won't be hungry. I
feel this is a key to exercising self control in rejecting carbs.

Cubit wrote:

> My strategy in handle today's carb filled environment, is and was to have a
> large breakfast. When I confront the carby stuff, I won't be hungry. I
> feel this is a key to exercising self control in rejecting carbs.

Good strategy. I'm going to have
pumpkin pie, mashed potatos, gravy, and
dressing - NOT!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Marsha/Ohio

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 16:36:45 GMT, "Cubit" <[email protected]> wrote:

>My strategy in handle today's carb filled environment, is and was to have a
>large breakfast. When I confront the carby stuff, I won't be hungry. I
>feel this is a key to exercising self control in rejecting carbs.

My family is having ham, turkey, gravy, crescent rolls, mashed
potatoes, corn, pumpkin pie, whipped cream.

I'm having turkey breast on a low carb wheat wrap with swiss cheese
and some beets.

I'm so used to eating differently than my family that on days like
today it doesn't even phase me.

I saw your comment about maintenance before, Cubit. I, too, find
maintenance just as difficult as losing, although I'm still managing.
I still exercise religiously. I want to continue to exercise as it was
a life change for me, not a diet tool. BTW... Looking good!! (Although
the mustache shave was a bit crooked ;) )

Happy Thanksgiving!

Nicole

My strategy is to remember how bad my feet feel when my BG's run high.
Makes the Holidays a piece of LC cake. :) Have a great one everybody!!!

--
Cheri

Nicole {Freezing in Wisconsin} wrote:

> My family is having ham, turkey, gravy, crescent rolls, mashed
> potatoes, corn, pumpkin pie, whipped cream.
>
> I'm having turkey breast on a low carb wheat wrap with swiss cheese
> and some beets.
>
> I'm so used to eating differently than my family that on days like
> today it doesn't even phase me.

You also won't be laying around all
afternoon, groaning that you ate too
much and coming down from a carb high.
Small victories!

Marsha/Ohio

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 16:36:45 GMT, "Cubit" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >My strategy in handle today's carb filled environment, is and was to have a
> >large breakfast. When I confront the carby stuff, I won't be hungry. I
> >feel this is a key to exercising self control in rejecting carbs.
> >

> My family is having ham, turkey, gravy, crescent rolls, mashed
> potatoes, corn, pumpkin pie, whipped cream.

We had Thanksgiving at my Mom's, which is at a retirement community with
a nice buffet. I had garlic asparagus, smoked salmon and shrimp -- YUM!
I had a couple of pieces of my low-carb chocolate candy for dessert.

My Mom has been dieting over the last month and has lost 15 lbs so far,
which is really great, but she went off it for today. She is also
diabetic. She laughed and joked about how she's going to pay for it
later (re the diabetes, not the diet). It's apparently worth it to her
to have the mashed potatos, pumpkin pie, apple/cranberry stuffing and a
pastry and to later feel bad because of it. I considered having some
stuffing, but when I saw the apples and cranberries in it, I passed.

--
Saffire
205/129/125

*** This post originated in alt.support.diet.low-carb -- its appearance
in any other forum is deceptive and unauthorized. ***