Pereiro positive!?!

I thought that Pereiro did a rather abrut change in attitude last fall
going from wanting the yellow to a "i'll wait for the floyd case to
wrap up on its own" atitude. Wonder how that timing worked with the
French anti-doping requests he seems to be ignoring.

they mention a few others. Are they just working their way down the
GC?

soooo, kick one suspected doper out so another can get the yellow?
This ought to change the attitudes of many.

[email protected] wrote:
> they mention a few others. Are they just working their way down the
> GC?

Wim Vansevenant (Bel) Davitamon-Lotto may yet make the podium- maybe
even the maillot jaune! (probably didn't have to do any doping tests
either!)

DR

From: ilan - view profile
Date: Sat, Jul 22 2006 5:49 am
Email: "ilan" <[email protected]>
Groups: rec.bicycles.racing

Speaking of which, Landis doesn't even have to beat Pereiro and Sastre
in the ITT, since they're Spanish, Pereiro was previously on Phonak,
the
blood doping team and Sastre is on CSC the other blood doping team,
so they would have their Tour victory taken away. It follows that
Landis
would have his victory taken away as well. As 2006 winner after winner
gets
disqualified, the eventual winner
will be the only clean rider this year, Thomas Voeckler. In fact, this
is the only reason he hasn't abandonned this year's race, despite
his mediocre performance. Finally, France will have a worthy successor
to Bernard Hinault.

-ilan

bjorn wrote:
> LeMonde (the paper, not Greg...) reports that Pereiro tested positive
> during the 2006 Tour de France:

Dumbass -

Lemond (the Greg version) would've said that Armstrong was the one who
tested positive.

Hopefully third place will test positive also and give the podium a
clean sweep.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

So Kloden wins! We knew it all along! He never won a stage and might
never have been randomly tested during the whole race, so maybe he has
a chance of keeping the win...

On 18-Jan-2007, smacked up and reeling, "bjorn" <[email protected]>
blindly formulated
the following incoherence:

> http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,1-0@2-3242,36-857101@51-854647,0.html
>

> bjorn
> www.procyclingpress.com

"The newspaper said the International Cycling Union granted the Spanish
rider a certificate to use salbutamol for medical reasons and has decided
not to pursue disciplinary action against him.
But France's anti-doping agency does not believe that the waiver was
medically justified, according to Le Monde. It said the agency will examine
his case next Thursday and open disciplinary proceedings if Pereiro has not
provided medical justifications by then. "
Uh huh. So you get a UCI waiver, and use the stuff ... then the french
decide to decide if the waiver was a good idea.
So...what's the waiver for? To trick the rider into using the substance so
the french can kick him in the nuts they feel like it?

Due process. I dont think the french are familiar with that concept.

steve
--
"The accused will now make a bogus statement."
James Joyce

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 23:08:58 GMT, "steve" <[email protected]> wrote:

>On 18-Jan-2007, smacked up and reeling, "bjorn" <[email protected]>
>blindly formulated
>the following incoherence:
>
>> http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,1-0@2-3242,36-857101@51-854647,0.html
>>

>> bjorn
>> www.procyclingpress.com

>"The newspaper said the International Cycling Union granted the Spanish
>rider a certificate to use salbutamol for medical reasons and has decided
>not to pursue disciplinary action against him.
>But France's anti-doping agency does not believe that the waiver was
>medically justified, according to Le Monde. It said the agency will examine
>his case next Thursday and open disciplinary proceedings if Pereiro has not
>provided medical justifications by then. "
>Uh huh. So you get a UCI waiver, and use the stuff ... then the french
>decide to decide if the waiver was a good idea.
>So...what's the waiver for? To trick the rider into using the substance so
>the french can kick him in the nuts they feel like it?
>
>Due process. I dont think the french are familiar with that concept.

Whose race is it? Who has jurisdiction? Who decides the rules and requirements
of the race?

Is it permissable for ANY French ministry to appoint itself the authority to
declare the winner retroactively on the basis of its choosing, say style points.
Or, are they only allowed to disqualify riders on its own criteria. Couldn't the
department of public waste disposal disqualify contestants for failing to
deposit wrappers and water bottles in proper receptacles.

Ron

On Jan 18, 4:17 pm, "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote:

> >How short-sighted of the article not to mention who came in third.

Anyone remember how far down Chris Horner was?

:)

MMan wrote:

> On Jan 18, 4:17 pm, "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >How short-sighted of the article not to mention who came in third.

> Anyone remember how far down Chris Horner was?
>
>:)

He's either right below or just above the first three riders not to test
positive.

--
Bill Asher

On Jan 20, 11:05 am, "Randy Beaver" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Dessel?

I only remember him because he crashed on stage 17 and Bob Roll said
"god damn" in an open mic.